Don’t jump off , Cowboys could easily start 0-2

kskboys

Reaction score
They very well could start 0-2, although the Bucs seem to have a lot of problems on the offensive line and even Brady is not immune to Father Time.

But, for me, there's nothing to jump off. I haven't been "on" for years because I have zero faith in the Cowboys front-office-for-life of Jerry and Stephen Jones.

Some folks still seem to believe that if we just hire the right coach, we can win it all. Yeah, no, I don't buy that theory. The Cowboys dysfunctional front office, with nearly three decades of proven failure, isn't going to be overcome by an employee. We'll get another scapegoat, sooner or later, but the same results. Enjoy the show.
Maybe if that HC is allowed to take over(ala Tuna) and Jerry would finally step back and let him do his job. (Yeah, right).

My emotions concerning this team have been in check for some time now. Not a conscious choice and I do not(Absolutely not) like it, but that is where Jerry has driven me.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, but being constantly negative about a sport isn't exactly healthy either. Frankly, as someone who hasn't seen the success you have, if I was as negative as you, I'd have quit the Cowboys a long time ago. That said, I've stuck around.
Calling Pappy negative is like calling a fish.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Daks greed is just off the charts!
And the Bum wants another a 3rd zillion dollar contract so when he leaves us in despair he will be a billionaire and laughing all the way to the bank!!!
Hey, Dakko your PR BS took you this far now it's time to notch it up on the gridiron!!!

P.S.You holding any football camps today for the young ones or are you too busy pointing to the sky????:rolleyes:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Calling Pappy negative is like calling a fish.
Stay away from my name as your Switzerland tactics won't work with the Pappydog.
You were and still are a Dak Lover to your core......and in no position whatsoever to critic a fan who calls it like it is.
Now Geneva the masses but your stinger will come out sooner or later!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Payton knows how Jerry meddles . I still think Jerry is hesitant Payton is not the yes man , and Payton winning a super bowl will get all the credit .

I'd imagine Payton sees it similarly, and he's not worth the draft picks imo as he's on par with Mike.

kskboys

Reaction score
Stay away from my name as your Switzerland tactics won't work with the Pappydog.
You were and still are a Dak Lover to your core......and in no position whatsoever to critic a fan who calls it like it is.
Now Geneva the masses but your stinger will come out sooner or later!!!
As usual, that makes zero sense, and your ability to evaluate others is nonexistent!!!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I generally ignore him, but every once in a while I just have to poker the dummy bear for laughs!!!!

I generally will read what he states, and I'll respond if I think I need to point something out. I know I'm not going to change his opinion, and he isn't going to change mine on Dak.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
After another potato performance, he stands with that bow tie and we hear about how the team needs to grow......The team needs to perform......The team blah....The team blue.....The team...the team the team.
In the meantime, he stuck those Cash nails in Jerry to pick up 20 % of that same team's cap for himself.
Ya, this guy, man will leave Dallas at midnight like most Vampires!!!
P.S.Watching him in the Red Zone is pitiful at best......:(

37y5oi.jpg

1-4 after the Niner debacle........

He thew for mored TDs than Rodgers vs 49ers. :facepalm::muttley:

basel90

Reaction score
I'd imagine Payton sees it similarly, and he's not worth the draft picks imo as he's on par with Mike.
they have a similar record but i would give payton the edge as mccarthy coached under top tier organizations and had HOF QBs all his career ( Farve, Rogers and Montana when he was an assistant). Sean elevated N.O which was a mediocre organization
Plus the fact MM was fired and sean payton retired.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
they have a similar record but i would give payton the edge as mccarthy coached under top tier organizations and had HOF QBs all his career ( Farve, Rogers and Montana when he was an assistant). Sean elevated N.O which was a mediocre organization
Plus the fact MM was fired and sean payton retired.

However, coaching Rodgers is no easy task given his massive ego, and I sometimes wonder if he just ignores coaching. Brees, on the other hand, is likely much more coachable. So, I think it's probably an even split either way. Plus, the Saints own Payton's contract and will want something in return for Payton. If we could get him for free, then sure. That said, I'd like a defencive-minded HC as we've tried the offensive route the last two coaches.

Fmart322

Reaction score
With our brutal beginning with Bucs and Bengals at home it’s very likely we could start 0-2. Which shouldn’t be alarming . I’d be very surprised to win either of these games.

The good news is we have NY and Wash following . And then Rams and at Philly. But then it gets much easier after that with Lions and Bears.

5-3 or worse case scenario 4-4 at the bye puts us in good shape down the stretch to contend for division and playoffs.

9 or 10 wins still keeps us in contention for division and playoffs which for basically a retooling season about all we can hope for. And we’ll need to stay relatively healthy . If we over achieve it could be better but we’ll have to upset some teams we won’t be favored to win. I think 10-7 is a good goal.

I'm way more concerned with how they finish the season.
That why the Cowboys have failed for the last 25 years.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Brady isn't in camp and this isn't the 2020 Bucs.
DAL is currently -2 to the Bucs but I'd be pretty annoyed if we lost week 1 at home bh.

Burrow isn't practicing in Cincy yet. SB loser has talent to be sure but getting them early looks like a massive plus.

Realistically you'd like to split the first 2 weeks.
Dallas has plenty to work on but having it's QB well ahead of the other teams in terms of prep and conditioning is a big plus.

Cincy has similar OL woes to Dallas with a solid starting group but zero depth. Vegas has them at 9.5 wins. I think that's low and Burrow plus Chase get going as the year goes on.
Tampa is where I see a real step back. Lost some size on that defense and lost many of the weapons Brady had. Vegas has them at 11.5 wins but I'd bet the under all day every day there.

Dallas could go 0-2 for sure but it would not be a good sign at all and feels unlikely.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
An 0-2 start is looking more like a possibility. Both teams were playing young players last night but the Cowboys looked like a trash unit. The penalties are continuing. We’re going to be counting on some of those players we saw last night.