Don’t think we can say Dak is best QB in division anymore?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah I am generally curious about his health. He did not look good in either the Giants game or the 49ers game.
I thought that, but then why was he running the ball?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak is still the best QB in the division. No doubt Hurts has had a great year but I'm not going to base it off one year. If he continues to improve or shows more progress then we can debate some more.

Hurts also hasn't looked to hot lately either.

Jones also made a massive leap from his previous years. Giants slowly giving him some OL protection and if they improve the OL some more and get a couple WR they could be problematic aswell
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, where would you rank Dak and Jalen compared to all the quaterbacks in the NFL?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak and his fans beat the crap out of hurts with excuses. I'm not sure how we win anything with this awful team. Well crap, that Cooper Rush guy must just be an anomaly.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dak's loss of running ability really sticks out here

Rushing regular season totals
Hurts 760yd 13td 0fuml
Jones 708yd 7td 1fuml
Prescott 182yd 1td 1fuml

Its not something we talk about much but its a pretty big factor in today's NFL.

Reactions: G2

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak's loss of running ability really sticks out here

Rushing regular season totals
Hurts 760yd 13td 0fuml
Jones 708yd 7td 1fuml
Prescott 182yd 1td 1fuml

Its not something we talk about much but its a pretty big factor in today's NFL.
What also stands out is the number of fumbles per attempt:

Hurts: 9 fumbles on 165 attempts (1 every 18 attempts)
Jones: 6 fumbles on 120 attempts (1 every 20 attempts)
Dak: 4 fumbles on 45 attempts (1 every 11 attempts)

Big_D

Reaction score
Daniel Jones, that's what an offense with no weapons looks like.

Havic

Reaction score
Hurts does what Dak can’t. Limit mistakes and play from within the system

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Whole lot of nonsense in this post.

1. If the Eagles lose it’s still a great season. They got further than anyone expected and they found out Hurts is the guy going forward.
2. If winning the SB makes you the best QB then Trent Dilfer was the best QB in 2000?
Nonsense is accepting second best. What does a great season get a team that pretty much everybody saw as a front runner to start the year? The Iggles didn't surprise anybody with all the off season and in season moves they made. Trust me, they did this to win a Superbowl not feel good about themselves if they fall short. Do you think 9ers fans are celebrating another end of season loss?

Maybe I need to clarify my best QB reference for you: the best QB in the superbowl is the one whose team wins...is that better? It's like all the Dak love with him setting records, QBR, yadda yadda. Who on earth cares what his stats are if he falls flat on his face when games count?

BHendri5

Reaction score
Hurts did good behind that 5 and dime offense 5%high school and 10% college. But he's not the best QB in the division, hell he's a very good athlete running the QB position for the eagirls. Throwing up 50/50 balls, and lucky his WRs are going up and coming down with them, which is not saying good things about the DBs in this league. But when you have a running guy playing QB it keeps defenses on their heels.

Dak is still the best QB in the division.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
One year, if he keeps it up and Dak continues down this path than absolutely you give Hurts that.

However, recency bias isn't going to erase the past few seasons. I will say Hurts was better this year in any event.
Although, I wasn't like most the board who constantly trashed Hurts in the first place. It's ironic the same guys who repeatedly said he was garbage are the same who can't wait to crown him now.
Hurts had his first full season as a starter last year without all the weapons or o line they had this year. Point is he’s in year two and Daks in year eight. He’s done more in two seasons than dak did in eight. Theme the facts and hurts is from Texas;).

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying, that's your opinion. And you're welcomed to it. I don't agree. Danny Dimes, who ever Washington's QB is. Halen Hurts? Nah I'll take Dak, thanks but I'm good

RonWashington

Reaction score
Don’t look now but if the Commanders found someone in Sam Howell and Del Rio stays at DC they will not continue to be something to wipe your feet on . And Jones obviously improved .

cowboyec

Reaction score
still the best in the east.
and i'm not gonna play pretend just because we lost to san fran again.
he is the best qb in the east...and probably the entire conference.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Mahomes is the MVP...

Daniel Jones is not better than Dak even if his numbers were better this year (they weren't).

Hurts was better this year, obviously.
Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Nonsense is accepting second best. What does a great season get a team that pretty much everybody saw as a front runner to start the year? The Iggles didn't surprise anybody with all the off season and in season moves they made. Trust me, they did this to win a Superbowl not feel good about themselves if they fall short. Do you think 9ers fans are celebrating another end of season loss?

Maybe I need to clarify my best QB reference for you: the best QB in the superbowl is the one whose team wins...is that better? It's like all the Dak love with him setting records, QBR, yadda yadda. Who on earth cares what his stats are if he falls flat on his face when games count?
No one had the Eagles as a contender coming into the year. People thought they could compete if Hurts improved. He took a leap no one saw coming. And you can absolutely look at this season as a huge positive even if they lose in the SB. You can be disappointed in not finishing the job while also taking pride in what was accomplished.

Your statement about the best QB in the SB is also wrong. Tom Brady played better than Foles but the Eagles won. Burrow played better than Stafford but they lost. The best teams win the SuperBowl. Mahomes is a better QB and he’ll probably play better than Hurts but it doesn’t guarantee a win.