Donavan McNabb said Zeke looked out of shape

Kevin T

Reaction score
Got it direct from a close contact that one of his former coaches said he was "fat and lazy". That was when he was a Commander.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
McNabb isn't one to talk about anyone being out of shape -- at least, Zeke didn't puke his guts out in the middle of the game like McNabb did in his heyday. I think he just has a penchant for heaping any sort of criticism on Dallas that he can think of. Fortunately, even if Zeke isn't in his most dapper condition, what he's been through isn't exactly conducive to being at one's best. ;)

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
It might take him a few weeks to work that off, but it did look like there were a few extra pounds and he did give up on that long run of his,,, thought he coulda beast-moded his way to the end zone on that one. Hey, I imagine getting screwed over by his ex and by Goodell has to be taking a toll on him. Goodell is a real sonofab
Week 1.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
mcnabb-dance.gif

never gets old.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I read or saw somewhere that Donavan Mcnabb said Zeke looked out of shape. I thought Zeke looked good for the first game. Did he look out of shape to you?

Yes but then McNabb took a second look and realized he was actually looking in a mirror and not the TV. lol

Satchel89

Reaction score
Mcnabb is a tool. He's terrible as an analyst. He hates the Cowboys and I don't take stock in anything he says. It's funny that Mr. Chunky himself is calling out any player for being out of shape. Some of the ex-players on television, Shouldn't be

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I don't think it's the message so much as the messenger. Nobody who sits out practically all preseason is in game shape for Game 1. Zeke's not excluded. But McNabb commenting on a player not being in shape is rich.

If I were on the set when McNabb said that I would have simply asked, "What makes you say that Donovan? Did he threw up in the huddle?"

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Compared to last year, he is definitely fatter. His abs aren't there like they were last year. Bob Sturm mentioned it a few times as well.

Now whether he did that on purpose expecting a heavy work load or he really is out of shape, I cant say for sure.

One thing I don't get is letting yourself get back lean by playing games. There are many ways to get lean before your first regular season game, and Zeke didn't do that. Sure he will look better in like 3 games, but he is the focal point of the team, have to lead by example. Almost reminds me of Boobie Miles from Friday Night Lights....'this is god given'. Well you do have to put in the work.

It is kinda funny all this is being said and he always does the 'feed me' thing, kinda ironic. I do worry about his wind at Mile High, the place where you don't have to be out of shape to be gassed so things could be worse there for him. He really needs to stop that stomach show off thing, course he still doesn't realize sometimes people are actually watching and paying attention to him.

I figure he will run for a 100 yards again, cause he just has that much talent. He will be fine in a little while, only problem is what if he gets hurt in this game or the next and sits out a few weeks. Will we have to deal with him getting back in shape again.....I hope not.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I got blasted for saying he was out of shape just last week in some thread. I'm not going to say anything more. Carry on.

It's not like you are correct. Just because Donovan McNabb says it, doesn't make it so.

He ran it 24 times for 104 yards and caught 5 passes for 36 yards. Last year, the Giants gave up only 3.6 yards per carry and ranked 2nd in run defense DVOA according to Football Outsiders. And that came with the large carry for a loss when Harrison guessed right and beat Fred badly off the snap.

Carry on.

YR

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
He was definitely exhausted by the end of the game. I wouldn't say he was out of shape, just that his cardio wasn't where it should be. Probably the result of not really playing all preseason.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Judge-Judy-Eye-Roll-Thumb.gif
I for one loathe McRib. (should be in Drama Zone) He has NEVER had anything kind to say about the Cowboys. He'll take his jealousy over the Cowboys to his grave. I recall when Romo got that big contract, McNabb was livid. The guy got fired from 3 different teams while Romo was laughing all the way to the bank at the time. He has no life, gets pulled over for DUI's and now he says Zeke is outta shape. WOW.

He'll forever remain an arrogant unemployed QB who tossed lunch at both his college Championship game & Super Bowl. He should get together with KaeperPICK. Two Fools.
th
th

Last edited: