Donovan Wilson practicing

Kaiser

Reaction score
With all due respect, this stat keeps being used, ignoring on ALL OTHER RUNS he had over a 6 ypa. So come on. He ran at will on us. He just didn't get a lot of carries as we were up by 1000 points.

The defense needs to improve and it will with reps, they don't play the starters in preseason. Barkley averaged 6 yards per carry but he averaged 5.0 YPC for all of last year. His last carry of 13 yards was against a prevent defense when his team was down three scores, its a stretch call that running at will.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I would hold off on Wilson replacing Heath, as nice as that may be.

Wilson shined in the preseason, but mostly against scrubs.

He may eventually be Heath's replacement but it will take awhile. Might not even be this season.
Heath has never shined so there's that

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Here is a little bit of a downer for all the Heath haters: He is one of the team captains, there is no way a rookie is going to take his place on the field. Another favorite hate-target, Tyrone Crawford, is also a team captain. Wilson may eventually earn Heath's spot, but, barring injury, it won't be anytime soon.
OMG is he really? That is pathetic.

Worst player on the team make a captain. LOL

Another perfect example of why Garrett needs to get fired.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is a little bit of a downer for all the Heath haters: He is one of the team captains, there is no way a rookie is going to take his place on the field. Another favorite hate-target, Tyrone Crawford, is also a team captain. Wilson may eventually earn Heath's spot, but, barring injury, it won't be anytime soon.

The other part of that downer should be the fact that, if the two most complained-about players on the defense are two of the players selected by their teammates as captains, there’s an obvious and, frankly shocking disconnect between the ability of some of these players to play and some of our most vocal anonymous internet football experts to handicap a roster properly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The other part of that downer should be the fact that, if the two most complained-about players on the defense are two of the players selected by their teammates as captains, there’s an obvious and, frankly shocking disconnect between the ability of some of these players to play and some of our most vocal anonymous internet football experts to handicap a roster properly.

LOL.......or maybe your hero Garrett remains a complete moron with his choice of making the worst starter on the team a captain.

WRONG WAY IDGIT rides AGAIN!!!!!!

Week One results proved infuriating. Jeff Heath (6-1, 212) once again showed incompetence tracking the runner in the open field. The tight end feasted on exposing his pass coverage. And Dallas’ rookie defensive tackle didn’t even dress.

Thornhill (6-0, 205) collected eight tackles in his first start for the Kansas City Chiefs. The rookie’s opening performance graded out among the top 15 NFL safeties (64 started), while both Dallas safeties clocked in below 35.

With the Dallas Cowboys offense showing legitimate signs of championship caliber weapons, the strong safety dilemma has to be resolved to raise the playoff ceiling. Donovan Wilson must take over by at least midseason and relegate Jeff Heath to the roles he plays best.

Without a doubt you are the most wrong way poster on here. And its not even close.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
LOL.......or maybe your hero Garrett remains a complete moron with his choice of making the worst starter on the team a captain.

Week One results proved infuriating. Jeff Heath (6-1, 212) once again showed incompetence tracking the runner in the open field. The tight end feasted on exposing his pass coverage. And Dallas’ rookie defensive tackle didn’t even dress.

Thornhill (6-0, 205) collected eight tackles in his first start for the Kansas City Chiefs. The rookie’s opening performance graded out among the top 15 NFL safeties (64 started), while both Dallas safeties clocked in below 35.

Without a doubt you are the most wrong way poster on here. And its not even close.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Going around sticking up for the horrid Garrett and the horrid Heath will continue to make him the laughing stock of this forum.

I figured he would be hiding his head after the masterpiece that Moore showed in only his first game as OC. Made Garrett look like the stone age offensive dunce that he is.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

With the Dallas Cowboys offense showing legitimate signs of championship caliber weapons, the strong safety dilemma has to be resolved to raise the playoff ceiling. Donovan Wilson must take over by at least midseason and relegate Jeff Heath to the roles he plays best.

Not that you have a history of blaming the HC when you have absolutely no idea what you’re seeing and less idea what you’re talking about or anything, but team captains are voted on by the players themselves in Dallas.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Going around sticking up for the horrid Garrett and the horrid Heath will continue to make him the laughing stock of this forum.

I figured he would be hiding his head after the masterpiece that Moore showed in only his first game as OC. Made Garrett look like the stone age offense dunce that he is.
Old people are afraid of change

cern

Reaction score
Based solely on what I saw of Wilson in the preseason, I look forward to seeing him on the field.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not that you have a history of blaming the HC when you have absolutely no idea what you’re seeing and less idea what you’re talking about or anything, but team captains are voted on by the players themselves in Dallas.

Quite the little nerdy fact finder. LOL

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Old people are afraid of change

When you and Roy finish up whatever it is the two of you think you’re doing here, it’ll still be the case that the entire team disagrees with your assessments of Crawford and Heath as players.

And it’ll still be the case the Roy is foolishly blaming the head coach, again, for something he’s not involved with at all because Roy simply never has even a foggy idea of what he’s talking about when it comes to NFL football in general or the Cowboys in particular.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quite the little nerdy fact finder. LOL

I didn’t look it up. I just know the players select the captains because I happen to follow the team and have functioning adult intelligence.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When you and Roy finish up whatever it is the two of you think you’re doing here, it’ll still be the case that the entire team disagrees with your assessments of Crawford and Heath as players.

And it’ll still be the case the Roy is foolishly blaming the head coach, again, for something he’s not involved with at all because Roy simply never has even a foggy idea of what he’s talking about when it comes to NFL football in general or the Cowboys in particular.

Yet 99% of the fan base agree with big old Roy that GARRETT needs to get fired.

Lets just face facts............you have zero idea about football. And poster laugh in your face all day long on here.

YOU ARE THAT GUY!!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn’t look it up. I just know the players select the captains because I happen to follow the team and have functioning adult intelligence.

Yet you think Garrett is a great head coach. Its obvious you have the intelligence of an adult toad. :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Letting the players vote for captains..........Clearly ANOTHER stupid decision by Garrett.

"If you're not careful, voting for captains is a popularity contest," Penn State coach James Franklin said. "And the players vote for who the best player is. It's not who makes the people around them better."

If a coach decides to have a vote for team captain, one method for limiting the effect of popularity is to have players share their opinion before the season begins. University of Arkansas coach Bret Bielema tries to have his players vote two weeks before the start of the season. While decreasing the chances of friends voting for each other, it also allows him some new insights through the choices made by his freshman.

"To me, sometimes new eyes are the best eyes. They literally can tell who really, truly, does lead, who kind of has a voice and not necessarily going with the most popular. As you get older, I think it's easy to start voting for your buddy," Bielema said.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet 99% of the fan base agree with big old Roy that GARRETT needs to get fired.

Lets just face facts............you have zero idea about football. And poster laugh in your face all day long on here.

YOU ARE THAT GUY!!!!!

I'm that guy, according to you, who hasn't a clue about how things actually work in the NFL and who still doesn't understand my actual take on Jason Garrett after seeing it in print dozens of times.

Which means there's a very high likelihood that I'm not actually that guy at all and that you, again, don't really know what you're talking about.