Don't forget about Damone Clark

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...c-kendricks-demarvion-overshown-marist-liufau

From veteran Eric Kendricks to rookie Marist Liufau to the delayed debut of DeMarvion Overshown, the Dallas Cowboys’ linebacker position will look very different in 2024. The one holdover from last year’s group, Damone Clark, is starting to feel like an afterthought. But he shouldn’t be ignored as a potential key contributor to next year’s defense.

Clark, who turns 24 in June, is entering just his third season. A fifth-round pick in 2022 whose stock fell due to spinal fusion surgery that March, Clark didn’t come off injured reserve until midway through his rookie year. But he quickly impressed when on the field, eventually starting five games that season and every game for Dallas last year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...c-kendricks-demarvion-overshown-marist-liufau

From veteran Eric Kendricks to rookie Marist Liufau to the delayed debut of DeMarvion Overshown, the Dallas Cowboys’ linebacker position will look very different in 2024. The one holdover from last year’s group, Damone Clark, is starting to feel like an afterthought. But he shouldn’t be ignored as a potential key contributor to next year’s defense.

Clark, who turns 24 in June, is entering just his third season. A fifth-round pick in 2022 whose stock fell due to spinal fusion surgery that March, Clark didn’t come off injured reserve until midway through his rookie year. But he quickly impressed when on the field, eventually starting five games that season and every game for Dallas last year.
He will be much better off being a rotational and role player than a starter and hopefully he can learn something but at this point he's just been a Jag I mean he's just been a space eater but he's really not done anything impactful I don't think he sucks I just don't think he's a starter.... Maybe Mike Zimmer can whip up this linebacker department and get Clark on track to at least improve right now he's just kind of looks the same every game he's kind of in neutral

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He will be much better off being a rotational and role player than a starter and hopefully he can learn something but at this point he's just been a Jag I mean he's just been a space eater but he's really not done anything impactful I don't think he sucks I just don't think he's a starter.... Maybe Mike Zimmer can whip up this linebacker department and get Clark on track to at least improve right now he's just kind of looks the same every game he's kind of in neutral
In the article it states that he was playing at middle LB because of the LVE injury and his best position is outside LB. It happens to players all the time having to play out of position and you have to take that into consideration before saying he’s a JAG.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Let's all hope that that Zimmer get's more out of him than what Quinn was able to get.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
He should be better this year at his natural position.
One thing about many of our fans is that we absolutely do not appreciate when our guys sacrifice for the team.

Play through an injury because the team needs you? - You are a bum because you aren't as good as you were before injury.

Play out of position because the FO and Quinn were dumb to depend on the oft-injured LVE to survive the year? - You are a bum, because you were a below-average MLB, even though you are a WLB.

I think our LBs will be improved. Kendricks in the middle is an improvement over Clark playing MLB, and maybe even over LVE. Clark and Overshown will compete for the WLB spot. It's not a strength, but it is better than last year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
One thing about many of our fans is that we absolutely do not appreciate when our guys sacrifice for the team.

Play through an injury because the team needs you? - You are a bum because you aren't as good as you were before injury.

Play out of position because the FO and Quinn were dumb to depend on the oft-injured LVE to survive the year? - You are a bum, because you were a below-average MLB, even though you are a WLB.

I think our LBs will be improved. Kendricks in the middle is an improvement over the WLB, and maybe even over LVE. Clark and Overshown will compete for the WLB spot. It's not a strength, but it is better than last year.
Some fans just don’t realize what it takes. Hundreds of hours playing Madden dulls the senses.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
once LVE went down, we had no proven Green Dot guy. Overshown was the backup, injured even before LVE.

Kendricks supplies that now, Overshown / the rook from Notre Dame as backups.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
once LVE went down, we had no proven Green Dot guy. Overshown was the backup, injured even before LVE.

Kendricks supplies that now, Overshown / the rook from Notre Dame as backups.
According to the article Liafau will back up Kendrick’s and Overshown and Clark will rotate on the outside.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Spinal fusion is no joke (don't ask...) It's difficult to imagine an NFL linebacker with spinal fusion taking on those violent hits.

There's a reason he slipped, and unlike an ACL which might fully heal, the spinal injury could be a long term problem.

Dallas sure likes injury prone players at LB!

Gambit

Reaction score
Spinal fusion is no joke (don't ask...) It's difficult to imagine an NFL linebacker with spinal fusion taking on those violent hits.

There's a reason he slipped, and unlike an ACL which might fully heal, the spinal injury could be a long term problem.

Dallas sure likes injury prone players at LB!
Which is why he was taken in the 5th round. And since coming back from surgery has held up thus far.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:huh: