Don't forget about Damone Clark

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's pretty self-explanatory he looks like a solid player but not an impactful three down starter type... In short I think Mike zimmer's defense could possibly improve Clarks roll on the team... Why is that a head scratcher that's my opinion... A lot of our linebackers last year were making tackles too far downfield the very thing we blamed jalen Smith for you know getting a lot of tackles and whatnot isn't a big deal if you're not doing it at or behind the line of scrimmage....

I'm just hoping mikes new defensive scheme will help our linebackers the most that's what I'm saying.... But at this point he just looks like he possibly could be a role player... That's all the information I got till I see him playing Mike's defense that goes for other guys like Damien Wilson then they just bring him back also Overshown off injury etc

I mean we just got to get this group in here and see it how they fit when they're all in training camp....

All we know for sure is the green dot leader of the linebacker core probably middle linebacker is going to be kendricks that's all we know everything else is going to be a wait and see..

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's pretty self-explanatory he looks like a solid player but not an impactful three down starter type.
While recovering and figuring all that out he was played out of position.

There is no question we will see the best version of Clark, finally at his intended position.

That isn't a rotational or role type player.

blueblood70

Reaction score

There is no question we will see the best version of Clark, finally at his intended position.

That's a lot of excuses I read that that doesn't mean that's why he underperformed we'll find out like I said I'm willing to give the guy a chance maybe Mike Zimmer uses more traditional linebackers a more downhill defense maybe he does something I never called the guy bad don't get me wrong I'm just saying it's not right I mean you gonna say jalen Smith was overrated well he put up a lot of stats that's all I'm saying I just want to see results and then we can reevaluate but right now that's how I feel... I think Malik Jefferson will also benefit from Mike zimmer's 4/3 or whatever else he plays but just getting back to basics on defense...

blueblood70

Reaction score

Hey no one knows that for sure so again let's wait and see.... It only benefits the team if that's actually true but right now that's how I feel....

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Light in the arse LB core will be getting trucked and put on skates in the run game all season. No changes here.

Beaker42

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...c-kendricks-demarvion-overshown-marist-liufau

From veteran Eric Kendricks to rookie Marist Liufau to the delayed debut of DeMarvion Overshown, the Dallas Cowboys’ linebacker position will look very different in 2024. The one holdover from last year’s group, Damone Clark, is starting to feel like an afterthought. But he shouldn’t be ignored as a potential key contributor to next year’s defense.

Clark, who turns 24 in June, is entering just his third season. A fifth-round pick in 2022 whose stock fell due to spinal fusion surgery that March, Clark didn’t come off injured reserve until midway through his rookie year. But he quickly impressed when on the field, eventually starting five games that season and every game for Dallas last year.
He’s been underwhelming.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Excuses??? Was he hurt? Yes. Was he playing out of position? Yes.

No excuses. Just laying down some truth.
The truth is most of the zoners in here will not give that excuse to anyone you're Prescott both had a shoulder and a calf injury one year I mean when he came off the broken hand there was a reason he wasn't perfect but he still had a really good season if you look at the difference between way he played with the offense and the way Cooper rush did but they would not give the man any flowers they literally were talking about him at every turn breaking down his interceptions like fools even the ones going into last year in training camp counting his interceptions and practice it got out of control so how is Clark off limits Clark's not even anywhere near the impact player that Prescott is as the quarterback here as the second team all pro and yet somehow he gets ripped apart on a daily basis and I'm not allowed to say real things about Clark???

That's all I'm saying we didn't allow jalen Smith excuses and there were plenty of times that LVE was hurt had the neck injury I'm just saying most people around here give nobody breaks I mean Terrence steals being ripped apart as done in the Jag dudes coming off an injury all I'm saying is most people in here don't allow excuses so I'm saying don't make an excuse for Clark if he looks a lot better then we'll give him his due but right now he doesn't look like he's ready for a starting position...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's a lot of excuses I read that that doesn't mean that's why he underperformed we'll find out like I said I'm willing to give the guy a chance maybe Mike Zimmer uses more traditional linebackers a more downhill defense maybe he does something I never called the guy bad don't get me wrong I'm just saying it's not right I mean you gonna say jalen Smith was overrated well he put up a lot of stats that's all I'm saying I just want to see results and then we can reevaluate but right now that's how I feel... I think Malik Jefferson will also benefit from Mike zimmer's 4/3 or whatever else he plays but just getting back to basics on defense...
Please read the article in the OP.

Verdict

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...c-kendricks-demarvion-overshown-marist-liufau

From veteran Eric Kendricks to rookie Marist Liufau to the delayed debut of DeMarvion Overshown, the Dallas Cowboys’ linebacker position will look very different in 2024. The one holdover from last year’s group, Damone Clark, is starting to feel like an afterthought. But he shouldn’t be ignored as a potential key contributor to next year’s defense.

Clark, who turns 24 in June, is entering just his third season. A fifth-round pick in 2022 whose stock fell due to spinal fusion surgery that March, Clark didn’t come off injured reserve until midway through his rookie year. But he quickly impressed when on the field, eventually starting five games that season and every game for Dallas last year.
How could we forget that perennial all-pro! I kid! I kid!