Donte Whitner Spot On about Dak

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lets address the coaching guys. I saw high school coaches out there last night. Very vanilla and never adjusted. Changes must be made. If we don't make changes, 7-8 wins is what we can expect. Teams have the blueprint. punch us in the mouth enough, we will lay down.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

This is what Jerry is paying for a “franchise” QB. They have to dumb down the reads for him as he can’t see the whole field. He can’t “pick apart” a defense and he’s basically an early-read QB.

Dak critics on this forum have constantly been telling you this. Nothing has changed, it’s all the same Dak.

Note: Title needs to be edited to say Whitner if the moderator can update.

It was in his scouting report coming out of college so this isn’t new. Go watch his game against Alabama, nothing has changed.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He and Sharpe are gonna have a field day today…..but they are ALLOWED to.

giphy.gif

New gametime hand signals from the coaches .

kevinhickey

Reaction score

This is what Jerry is paying for a “franchise” QB. They have to dumb down the reads for him as he can’t see the whole field. He can’t “pick apart” a defense and he’s basically an early-read QB.

Dak critics on this forum have constantly been telling you this. Nothing has changed, it’s all the same Dak.

Note: Title needs to be edited to say Whitner if the moderator can update.

That is how good teams see Dak. This is why Lance is here.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Dak sucks

But these media guys who don’t break down the game and just simply throw out words like *** and sucks or garbage. Sports media is so bad these days

dfense

Reaction score
That’s it right there.

He’s basically Kurt Cousins. Sure, all the stars could possibly align but the chances of Dak putting together a string of quality games against playoff caliber teams is low.
Cousins routinely makes throws that are not in Dak's wheelhouse. Cousins has some other issues, but he's clearly a better passer, and frankly a lot tougher than Dak.

Creeper

Reaction score
If there is one trait that shows Dak's mental issues on the field it is the unnecessary sacks he takes escaping the pocket when all he has to do if throw the ball away. Instead, Dak freezes and eats the ball, gives up yards, and downs, because he cannot in 8 years as a pro, master this one simple concept.

If Trey Lance is not the answer the Cowboys are in for another long period of mediocrity.

kento40

Reaction score
Remember when the people who said Hurts would turn out to be better than Dak were immediately called haters and every other name in the book on this forum? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I think the alarming thing this season is he has not looked good at all. He can’t even score a touchdown. Dude has lamb and cooks and gallup and he’s overthrowing first reads to tight ends. To me this season really is signaling the end.
And people thought this was an automatic resigning in the offseason. There is a reason it hasn’t happened yet.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Can we get that Dobby dude from Arizona? He ate Dak's lunch and then open-palmed smacked him.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I was wondering why no one, and I mean no one, in the media, just straight up comes out and say it .. he sucks, he is an average QB at best.

:cool:

khiladi

Reaction score
The bigger issue is how come coaches and evaluators failed to actually recognize this? How do you miss that? How do you justify that contract for a dude with these many limitations? Don't give me "well it's the leadership" - you don't pay that contract for "leadership" - you pay it for the talent and the skillset.
And coming off a broken leg…

I mean it’s in the scouting report. Players already knew this. You could tell in the way they talked about him.

I think in part, he was cool with a lot of the teammates from 2016, as Dallas was a young team and they were “winning”.

Manster68

Reaction score
The very first pass attempt when he overthrew Schoonmaker, you just knew it was going to be a long night.