Dowdle RB1

blueblood70

Reaction score
Swing tackle is going to be between Richards and Eguge. Steele had to recover from an ACL and MCL.
There's a lot more options to that that's what I'm saying I do not think they will allow Terence Steele to ruin this year you go five games in and he's not doing well he's kicked down the swing tackle book it put it in three inch headlines say hello to Jimmy Johnson baby..lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
No. He’s not a starter in this league. Period.
It depends on your definition of a starter and running back by committee if you split the carries 4040 between your top two guys and then you add in the other 20% by the other guys he is a starter he's just not your three down bell cow back anymore but he could be utilized properly along with dowdell and other guys on this team they will create a run game with running back by committee hell if they can do it over in Kansas City with a seventh round pick I think they could figure it out over here that's why they started with the offensive line first they went mostly trenches up the middle nasty type guys they got guys with physicality in this draft that's what they're looking at I believe they'll be able to create a effective run game...

The last I checked all these wonderful guys that the Dallas Cowboys have had in their prime along with the rest of the league Ezekiel Elliott Derrick Henry Adrian Peterson Christian McCaffrey ohh Jack Jacobs among other guys the guys over there with Indianapolis tell me how many Super Bowls they're winning right now with those backs how many rushing champions how many top five running backs are actually consistently making it with their teams to the Super bowl how much of an impact does a premium one back system still have in this league I mean you gotta go all the way back to Terrell Davis and Emmitt Smith to find the guy who was also a rushing champion who is the leader at running back and also win a Super Bowl..

I mean you do realize that right I mean saquon Barkley goes over to the Eagles but where the giants doing anything with saquan Barkley when when the Carolina Panthers had Christian McCaffrey what were they doing ohh and by the way did Christian McCaffrey had all that money he made did he put San Francisco over the top because he was already going to a team that's been to the Super bowl at least four times in recent history so he didn't help them get to a Super Bowl but did he help them get over the top he did not it's a rhetorical question...

I just want to remind fans both the Dallas Cowboys in this league have seen some of the top running backs in this league not making an impact enough to be effective enough to be the reason they're winning Super Bowls you can do it with running back by committee if you get that offensive line to be more physical more nasty and just get the push you need and we've been lacking that in the playoffs against the better defensive lines..

CWR

Reaction score
There's a lot more options to that that's what I'm saying I do not think they will allow Terence Steele to ruin this year you go five games in and he's not doing well he's kicked down the swing tackle book it put it in three inch headlines say hello to Jimmy Johnson baby..lol
Steele was pretty good before the injury. I think he rebounds this year, although I don't know how he was affected by the new oline coach or even getting paid. I think he'll be good though.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Don't be shocked if one of the UDFA RBs that we have in house carries us over the hump at RB this year. We're not done yet.:thumbup:

The RBs that the Cowboys sported this season weren't running behind one of our better offensive lines -- that much is for certain.

Last edited:

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
You can't blame fans for becoming delusional in thinking our average players are suddenly great. Jerry doesn't leave you much choice.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't be shocked if one of the UDFA RBs that we have in house carries us over the hump at RB this year. We're not done yet.:thumbup:

The RBs that the Cowboys sported this season weren't running behind one of our better offensive lines -- that much is for certain.
That's what I think too. If we make improvements in blocking assignments, scheme and adjustments...we could have a much improved run game regardless of who's running. If we don't, it won't matter.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Steele was pretty good before the injury. I think he rebounds this year, although I don't know how he was affected by the new oline coach or even getting paid. I think he'll be good though.
Yes ,I agree he got better by the end of the year that does not mean they're going to roll with them if he's sabotaging the offensive line, when they are loaded with young talent on the line now...

they have lots of options, why do you think they drafted so many players in this draft when they already had guys like Hoffman ,bass ,and Richards from last year along with Edoga, their patience has grown thin and I don't think they're going to roll with a guy just because he got paid..​
I mean they took a fifth round pick from Cooper when he wore out his welcome here, they'll cut guys, I mean you see guys like the Hopkins and dalvin cook gets straight up cut from their teams because they couldn't find a trade partner.. RW i mean denver just ate 85mil , you need any bigger example this offseason than Russell Wilson so don't think a contract is gonna save his job...​
those are big name guys who at one time were very good and they were still productive and got cut, this is a business, I'm saying the writings on the wall why did they go out so heavy on offensive line when they had some really good prospects from last year's draft most people here thought they were going to stand pat you know how they talk about the front office liking their guys thinking that they're guys that were on the team were going to be the next guy up so they weren't going to go out of their way to replace them in this draft and they were very wrong I was surprised at how many offensive lineman they went after...​

That's all I need to know, I say that Terrence steele's job is on the line ,he's on notice, yes you will get every chance in the world the first four games maybe 5 like last year when our offense was struggling and they had to fix stuff well if that happens again he will be on the roster and he will be game day active but he will not be the starting right tackle for very long if he plays the same way as he did last year...

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Yep, play be committee and work out (early in game) which is better suited to the opposition.
One of our problems (I suppose a hang over from Kellen), is predictability.
Guyton and Beebe (hopefully Schoon sophomore bounce?) will help.

CWR

Reaction score
Yes ,I agree he got better by the end of the year that does not mean they're going to roll with them if he's sabotaging the offensive line, when they are loaded with young talent on the line now...

they have lots of options, why do you think they drafted so many players in this draft when they already had guys like Hoffman ,bass ,and Richards from last year along with Edoga, their patience has grown thin and I don't think they're going to roll with a guy just because he got paid..​
I mean they took a fifth round pick from Cooper when he wore out his welcome here, they'll cut guys, I mean you see guys like the Hopkins and dalvin cook gets straight up cut from their teams because they couldn't find a trade partner.. RW i mean denver just ate 85mil , you need any bigger example this offseason than Russell Wilson so don't think a contract is gonna save his job...​
those are big name guys who at one time were very good and they were still productive and got cut, this is a business, I'm saying the writings on the wall why did they go out so heavy on offensive line when they had some really good prospects from last year's draft most people here thought they were going to stand pat you know how they talk about the front office liking their guys thinking that they're guys that were on the team were going to be the next guy up so they weren't going to go out of their way to replace them in this draft and they were very wrong I was surprised at how many offensive lineman they went after...​

That's all I need to know, I say that Terrence steele's job is on the line ,he's on notice, yes you will get every chance in the world the first four games maybe 5 like last year when our offense was struggling and they had to fix stuff well if that happens again he will be on the roster and he will be game day active but he will not be the starting right tackle for very long if he plays the same way as he did last year...
Never said they wouldn't pull him if he's under performing.

I just don't think he'll under perform again.

Rayman70

Reaction score
no no no. In what universe is Dowdle a number 1 rb? Holy heck guys, snap out of it. Have some pride. Hes a camp body and likely camp cut on like 25 teams in this league. Its because most teams have jags better than him already on the roster. Dude is a jag, decent yes, but nothing special. Lets tamp down expectations. He was NEVER ever better than 20. He carries the ball loosely and is a fumble waiting to happen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Never said they wouldn't pull him if he's under performing.

I just don't think he'll under perform again.
Let's just hope so for the team I'm not saying he's gonna be a failure I saw him improve some at the end of the year I'm just saying I don't think they're gonna have the patience they sure overloaded that position you know how they overcorrect around here but there's some highly talented young talent sitting there at offensive line now...

blueblood70

Reaction score
This I can see.
Seriously that's been said the last three years that's not happening Rico went healthy is a more physical runner and he should have had lot more carries last year between the tackles and let Tony be Tony they made a monumental mistake on the way they used their running backs last year../ why is Malik Davis everyone's pet cat now if he couldn't find a way last year under this team he is not gonna overtake Rico this is like that argument that will Greer was gonna take Cooper rush's place like three straight years until well he got cut and he left and now he's on another team and now he's been cut again and he's on another team it's those kind of debates that are amusing... I mean that is what this place is I mean it is full of opinions and in my opinion they're gonna be these little weird debates but in the end the better player made the field last year..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Seriously that's been said the last three years that's not happening Rico went healthy is a more physical runner and he should have had lot more carries last year between the tackles and let Tony be Tony they made a monumental mistake on the way they used their running backs last year../ why is Malik Davis everyone's pet cat now if he couldn't find a way last year under this team he is not gonna overtake Rico this is like that argument that will Greer was gonna take Cooper rush's place like three straight years until well he got cut and he left and now he's on another team and now he's been cut again and he's on another team it's those kind of debates that are amusing... I mean that is what this place is I mean it is full of opinions and in my opinion they're gonna be these little weird debates but in the end the better player made the field last year..
this is a fan message board and fan is short for fanatic...not experts. Just sayin. Yes, it amuses you, but every now and then our opinions are pretty good.I like Rico and I do like the wrecklessness in which he plays with.Reminds me of Kareem Hunt with his style. But I just wish he would secure the ball better.Will Greer was never going to surpass Rush, most knew this. I think the true number 1 RB may not be on the roster just yet. Its not Zeke either.