Dowdle RB1

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Before last season, everyone was saying it would be "running back by committee". It proved not to be true. Pollard got 68.1% of the carries.

Dowdle was OK, better than expected I think. He stayed healthy for a change too.

Dallas needs a versatile RB1- a player who can run, block, and catch. A player the defense has to actually worry about. No defense in the league is worrying about any of the RB's on this roster.

Brooksey

Reaction score
All the good RBs in free agency are gone. If we trade for a back it won’t happen until during the regular season. If our running game struggles that’s when we may look to trade for one.
I was talking UDFA's after the draft, but there all gone too now. We have no intention of bringing in a young back, foolish Imo

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
He's got the talent. He looked the part behind Pollard last season. Even looked better than Pollard most of the time in the first half of the season.

It's just a matter of him staying healthy.

Zeke or whoever will be RB2 can play the role Rico played last year.
Same
is faster and better

nathanlt

Reaction score
He's got the talent. He looked the part behind Pollard last season. Even looked better than Pollard most of the time in the first half of the season.

If you think all of us reading your post are plain stupid, just say so. Instead, you've written a coded insult to our intelligence. Dowdle is not #1 RB material.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No excuses. The offensive line run game appears to be upgraded with Tyler B and Tyron off the team. Holes should be there. Teams certainly won’t put 8 in the box.
Thats it right there. We fix the line and our scheme and even old fat zeke will get yards.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you think all of us reading your post are plain stupid, just say so. Instead, you've written a coded insult to our intelligence. Dowdle is not #1 RB material.
Youd think these guys would learn aftrr all the failed 2 and 3 we tried to make 1

lwehlers

Reaction score
unreal that the jones have totally ignored the running back talent. dowdle is the starter is just unreal to me right now.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You can win in this league with 3 decent to good RBs and you can trade for those or even get them in FA still. Not like McCarthy's offense relies heavily on RBs anyways.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
The same front office that brought you Troy Hambrick RB1 has managed to craft an even worse backfield situation 25 years later. Just goes to show you there is no bottom for the Cowboys. As bad as it is, or was - it can and likely will always get worse.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think it's Elliott all the way, but we'll try to limit him to 15 carries per game, so Dowdle or someone else will get 8-10 carries per game.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I think so.

Unless Zeke comes in looking like 2016-2018 Zeke

Otherwise:
1-Dowdle
2-Zeke
3-Freeman/Davis
PS-Vaughn

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I was talking UDFA's after the draft, but there all gone too now. We have no intention of bringing in a young back, foolish Imo
There’s backs that weren’t drafted that we’ll likely bring in but it won’t be until next year before we’ll be able to hopefully get our hands on a quality back. Hopefully the RB group next April is stronger than this years draft class.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Remember they got cute at WR the year at WR after Dez left and we were HORRIBLE until we got Amari. Rico can play but we need some other legit weapons.