Dowdle RB1

Rayman70

Reaction score
Seriously that's been said the last three years that's not happening Rico went healthy is a more physical runner and he should have had lot more carries last year between the tackles and let Tony be Tony they made a monumental mistake on the way they used their running backs last year../ why is Malik Davis everyone's pet cat now if he couldn't find a way last year under this team he is not gonna overtake Rico this is like that argument that will Greer was gonna take Cooper rush's place like three straight years until well he got cut and he left and now he's on another team and now he's been cut again and he's on another team it's those kind of debates that are amusing... I mean that is what this place is I mean it is full of opinions and in my opinion they're gonna be these little weird debates but in the end the better player made the field last year..
Malik will get a shot in camp as will Deuce.

blueblood70

Reaction score
this is a fan message board and fan is short for fanatic...not experts. Just sayin. Yes, it amuses you, but every now and then our opinions are pretty good.I like Rico and I do like the wrecklessness in which he plays with.Reminds me of Kareem Hunt with his style. But I just wish he would secure the ball better.Will Greer was never going to surpass Rush, most knew this. I think the true number 1 RB may not be on the roster just yet. Its not Zeke either.
She realized every off season the fans were saying that Cooper rush needed to be cut and will grier needed to be kept and they were very upset at the front office I'm saying this analogy is the same of what you're saying about Rico versus Malik it's beyond amusing it's the same exact argument with a different position....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Malik will get a shot in camp as will Deuce.
Yeah but here's the thing they're very different players, I think dudes Vaughn was misused last year because we already had guys similar to him I mean Turpin ,lamb, pollard we're all used very similarly in the packages that Mike McCarthy sent out for behind the LOS plays and he didn't even give hunter and Vaughn a very good shot he just falling the stuff you didn't call it cannot be dismissed the man can play the sport he just in the NFL can't be in every down back but he for sure can take Tony Pollard spot on the way he was used his first two seasons around here and I think that they drafted him to do that but didn't realize Turpin was gonna stay healthy because in order for Vaughn to get on the field especially with special teams and then in some packages Turpin would have had to be off the team it was a numbers game but this year I think they are going to give him more of a shot...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah but here's the thing they're very different players, I think dudes Vaughn was misused last year because we already had guys similar to him I mean Turpin ,lamb, pollard we're all used very similarly in the packages that Mike McCarthy sent out for behind the LOS plays and he didn't even give hunter and Vaughn a very good shot he just falling the stuff you didn't call it cannot be dismissed the man can play the sport he just in the NFL can't be in every down back but he for sure can take Tony Pollard spot on the way he was used his first two seasons around here and I think that they drafted him to do that but didn't realize Turpin was gonna stay healthy because in order for Vaughn to get on the field especially with special teams and then in some packages Turpin would have had to be off the team it was a numbers game but this year I think they are going to give him more of a shot...
we agree. The line we played behind last year wasn't good. The backs we had trying to give reps to, never really had a chance to get meaningful carries. They were def. Misused. Can't wait to see Deuce and Malik get a real chance to shine.

Rayman70

Reaction score
She realized every off season the fans were saying that Cooper rush needed to be cut and will grier needed to be kept and they were very upset at the front office I'm saying this analogy is the same of what you're saying about Rico versus Malik it's beyond amusing it's the same exact argument with a different position....
Hmm k. I'll defer to you I guess. Not sure exactly about the particulars. All I know is this, we gotta find a dude that can show he can get us where we need to go. Im not sold that guy is on the roster just yet.

CWR

Reaction score
Let's just hope so for the team I'm not saying he's gonna be a failure I saw him improve some at the end of the year I'm just saying I don't think they're gonna have the patience they sure overloaded that position you know how they overcorrect around here but there's some highly talented young talent sitting there at offensive line now...
Before he was injured Zach Martin said he was our best run blocker. I'm hoping it was a case of him still recovering from injury and we see him clearing a path once again.

erod

Reaction score
Dowdle is better than every RB drafted other than 3-4 of them.

Every year there's this huge crop of RBs in the draft, and all but a small few are below average and out of the league in 3 years.

fivetwos

Reaction score
we agree. The line we played behind last year wasn't good. The backs we had trying to give reps to, never really had a chance to get meaningful carries. They were def. Misused. Can't wait to see Deuce and Malik get a real chance to shine.
I’d like to see Vaughn get more of a shot getting the ball in space.

Yeah he is small, but somehow played big time D1 ball and survived. If he is going to get clobbered, fine, but it’s tough to just assume that’ll happen.

People have been waiting for the same to happen to Turpin for two years.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I have to question whether or not Dowdle will be able to remain healthy if he's allowed to get a full measure of carries in our offense this year. in that case, it's entirely possible that Malik Davis would be called upon to take up the slack that Rico is unable to withstand. Additionally, isn't it remotely possible that another RB will be added to our RB corps before all is said and done? I see that as being a very likely option yet to occur.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We didn’t have as big a need last year and we drafted Vaughn who the fan base was going crazy over. We had Pollard, Dowdle, Jones, Davis and Vaughn. Currently our RB situation looks muck bleaker. Pollard is gone and Vaughn hardly saw the field. Even if we bring in an undrafted FA, can’t imagine they’ll improve our RB situation. It’s going to take a trade or a premium pick next April to find a quality starting RB.
Agree that is probably the case to find a quality RB, but there will be a fair share of serviceable RBs that will come available.
Roster expansion has allowed teams better retention, but there will be serviceable FA RBs on the cheap and Jerry knows it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Agree that is probably the case to find a quality RB, but there will be a fair share of serviceable RBs that will come available.
Roster expansion has allowed teams better retention, but there will be serviceable FA RBs on the cheap and Jerry knows it.
I don’t think any of the RBs that will become available later this summer will be better than Zeke.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don’t think any of the RBs that will become available later this summer will be better than Zeke.
Zekes primary role is to pass block, running is secondary.
It takes a while to develop that skill in young RBs, can't have your QB getting creamed from a stunt blitz.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zekes primary role is to pass block, running is secondary.
It takes a while to develop that skill in young RBs, can't have your QB getting creamed from a stunt blitz.
He’ll be given a lot of opportunities to run the ball. Barring injury he’ll lead the team in carries. He had 51 receptions last season so he’ll be used as a receiver. He should get a number of touches.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
And every one of them will be running backs their current team does not believe are worth keeping.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
We need a speed back. Too many clogger's....IMHO..Dallas seemed like we always had at least one speedster at running back. Don't see any at this posting.

GMO415

Reaction score
He's got the talent. He looked the part behind Pollard last season. Even looked better than Pollard most of the time in the first half of the season.

It's just a matter of him staying healthy.

Zeke or whoever will be RB2 can play the role Rico played last year.
Uh, #21 is back....
brakes-stop.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
He's got the talent. He looked the part behind Pollard last season. Even looked better than Pollard most of the time in the first half of the season.

It's just a matter of him staying healthy.

Zeke or whoever will be RB2 can play the role Rico played last year.
New Depth Chart looks like Zeke 1a, Rico 1b.