DPOY: Ware or Harrison?

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
theogt;2455689 said:
1. Ware is better at passrushing.
2. Ware is better in coverage.
3. Ware is better in space against the run.
4. Ware is better at the point of attack against the run.

Ware is every bit a better player than Harrison. It's a shame that an award like this would go to a flash in the pan like Harrison. This guy has no shot at something like the HOF. Ware on the other hand does, and awards like this should go to such players.

That makes no sense. There's a reason these awards are given out on a YEARLY basis. And what makes Ware a better player in coverage? How is he a better run-stopper? Last I checked Harrison has better pass-coverage statistics as well as more tackles. He's not that far behind in the pass-rushing category as well.

Harrison made the Pro Bowl last season. He's one of the best LB's in the league right now and should certainly receive consideration as the DPOTY. Him not having a chance at the HOF one day should have zero bearing on his status this season. He has been dominant.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;2455698 said:
you don't know what you're talking about mr. "felix runs with more power than Portis" :laugh2:
You must have missed this post:

dallasfaniac;2455619 said:
I have to give the nod to Ware. Ware has been more consistent, going only 1 game without a sack while Harrison has 4 games with a 0 in the sack department.

Tackle-wise, Ware averages about 5 tackles a game, Harrison at 6.5. Ware was within 1 tackle of that average 8 times while Harrison was 1 tackle within that average once.

Sure, Ware's numbers are just a bit lower but it shows more consistency, rather than feasting off of a couple teams and then disappearing.

Basically, I think that if you benched both players, Dallas' D goes down the toilet while Pittsburgh doesn't miss a step. I also have a hard time giving it to a player that has been in the league longer than Ware, yet has about half as many sacks and only 11 more tackles. Ware is our defense. Harrison is a replaceable piece.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;2455684 said:
Harrison, probably. Ware's production has been terrific and consistent, but it has also frequently come at moments where it was not really necessary - garbage time plays in a lot of the middle of the season.

Please list all of Ware's "garbage time" sacks.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2455702 said:
That makes no sense. There's a reason these awards are given out on a YEARLY basis. And what makes Ware a better player in coverage? How is he a better run-stopper? Last I checked Harrison has better pass-coverage statistics as well as more tackles. He's not that far behind in the pass-rushing category as well.

Harrison made the Pro Bowl last season. He's one of the best LB's in the league right now and should certainly receive consideration as the DPOTY. Him not having a chance at the HOF one day should have zero bearing on his status this season. He has been dominant.
Please, it's not even close. Harrison has one season at a high level and he's all of a sudden at Ware's level?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2455619 said:
I have to give the nod to Ware. Ware has been more consistent, going only 1 game without a sack while Harrison has 4 games with a 0 in the sack department.

Tackle-wise, Ware averages about 5 tackles a game, Harrison at 6.5. Ware was within 1 tackle of that average 8 times while Harrison was 1 tackle within that average once.

Sure, Ware's numbers are just a bit lower but it shows more consistency, rather than feasting off of a couple teams and then disappearing.

Basically, I think that if you benched both players, Dallas' D goes down the toilet while Pittsburgh doesn't miss a step. I also have a hard time giving it to a player that has been in the league longer than Ware, yet has about half as many sacks and only 11 more tackles. Ware is our defense. Harrison is a replaceable piece.

Quoted For Truth.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2455706 said:
You must have missed this post:
no you missed the point. Ware is more consistent at getting a sack a game. Harrison is more consistent at getting pressure leading to other players getting sacks and qbs forced to throw early and throwing incompletions or getting picked off.
theogt;2455711 said:
Please, it's not even close. Harrison has one season at a high level and he's all of a sudden at Ware's level?
don't bother steel. this guy is a joke.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2455709 said:
Please list all of Ware's "garbage time" sacks.

I think anytime Ware has a sack in the 4th quarter is considered garbage time.....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2455715 said:
no you missed the point. Ware is more consistent at getting a sack a game. Harrison is more consistent at getting pressure leading to other players getting sacks and qbs forced to throw early and throwing incompletions or getting picked off.

don't bother steel. this guy is a joke.

So Greg Ellis sacks aren't a direct relation of Ware same with Ratliff and James? I don't see Harrison getting doubled and tripled team.....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;2455715 said:
Harrison is more consistent at getting pressure leading to other players getting sacks and qbs forced to throw early and throwing incompletions or getting picked off.
Do you actually expect someone to believe this?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2455721 said:
So Greg Ellis sacks aren't a direct relation of Ware same with Ratliff and James? I don't see Harrison getting doubled and tripled team.....
than you like the joke below don't watch many Steeler games.
theogt;2455723 said:
Do you actually expect someone to believe this?
your not very smart when it comes to football. Dwight Freeney is 1 of the best pass-rushers in the game if not the best. you know why? cause he gets more consistent pressure than anybody. learn the game clown.
but like you said "felix runs with more power than Portis" hahahaha

SteelManiac55

Reaction score

Harrison gets doubled on a regular basis. That's a big reason why Woodley has 11.5 sacks. It's a big reason why the team itself has 42 sacks. When Harrison is left one-on-one, much like he was yesterday, he'll force two fumbles and change the game. He has freakish strength that makes it near impossible to single block him.

Harrison has been the best player on the best defense in the league. Much respect to Ware, but Harrison has been unreal this season.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score

i think this is the key point that skews the numbers in Harrison's favor in terms of tackles and consistent pressure and such.

Ware is constantly getting chipped by TEs and RBs, and/or doubled with the T & G.

Harrison rarely gets as much attention from the offense as Ware, and as it was pointed out he has Woodley across from him, and there's always the threat of a Polamalu blitz and the overall Labeau scheme.

Ware doesn't have a dependable pass rusher on the other side, although Spencer will be that guy, and until the last couple of games our scheme hasn't been anything to fear.

in the end i think it's too early yet to determine b/w these 2 guys, we need to see what the stats are at the end of the year.

obviously Ware is a MUCH better player, but there are a lot of circumstantial things happening in games that favor Harrison.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2455742 said:
Harrison gets doubled on a regular basis. That's a big reason why Woodley has 11.5 sacks. It's a big reason why the team itself has 42 sacks. When Harrison is left one-on-one, much like he was yesterday, he'll force two fumbles and change the game. He has freakish strength that makes it near impossible to single block him.

Harrison has been the best player on the best defense in the league. Much respect to Ware, but Harrison has been unreal this season.
Matt Light and Cassel handed him those sacks-strips. He basically just ran right at Cassel, who should have avoided both easily, and Light barely even made an effort to block him. He's not going to get close to Tony rushing that way.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2455738 said:
than you like the joke below don't watch many Steeler games.

:rolleyes:.....If he gets consistent pressure he should have the most sacks......

SteelManiac55;2455742 said:

We have 40 sacks with DWare having 15 sacks.....I can't wait till the Sunday.....This most be a contract year for Harrison.....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2455754 said:
Matt Light and Cassel handed him those sacks-strips. He basically just ran right at Cassel -- Light barely even made an effort to block him. He's not going to get close to Tony rushing that way.

Not to mention that Cassel was the most sacked QB in the NFL coming into that game.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2455762 said:
:rolleyes:.....If he gets consistent pressure he should have the most sacks
like from Dwight Freeney?

we got daboys4life who still thinks Roy #38 is a good player teaming up with theoggt who thinks felix runs with more power than Portis. together they're just lacking knowledge of the game of football.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2455774 said:
:confused:

what you mean?
Freeney gets more consistent pressure than anybody yet he is never leading the league in sacks.