DPOY: Ware or Harrison?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2455776 said:
Freeney gets more consistent pressure than anybody yet he is never leading the league in sacks.

Ummm how many QB pressure does each person have ?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
masomenos85;2455620 said:
Harrison gets more consistent pressure because the Steelers have another pass rushing LB who has to be accounted for on every snap, LaMarr Woodley. If you put Harrison in our system then he wouldn't have 15 sacks like Ware. If you put Ware in Pitts. system then he may already have 20 sacks.

It all starts up front. Pitt has a much better defensive line. Dont put Woodley up on such a pedestal. IMO, he's a good, not great player, but Dallas is no slouch with Spencer. And Ellis too, even though he's started to fall off.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2455786 said:
It all starts up front. Pitt has a much better defensive line. Dont put Woodley up on such a pedestal. IMO, he's a good, not great player, but Dallas is no slouch with Spencer. And Ellis too, even though he's started to fall off.

Ellis is terrible.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Rampage;2455557 said:
Harrison leads Ware in just about every category except sacks. but he only trails Ware by 1 sack and is a main force in he #1 defense in the NFL. I also think he's gotten more consistent pressure this year than Ware so I have to go with Harrison right now.

Which categories are those? Ware has more tackles and they are tied in picks.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2455786 said:

This is Woodley's first season as a starter and he's likely going to end up with 14 or 15 sacks (and he missed a game). Why would he be considered just a 'good' player at this point? He has a TD, four fumble recoveries, 11.5 sacks, and an INT.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2455838 said:
Tackles INT's forced fumbles.

Sorry, I looked yesterday and ESPN had the wrong numbers posted or I looked at it wrong thought they only had Harrison with 50 tackles.

Solo tackles are 52 to 54.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2455832 said:
This is Woodley's first season as a starter and he's likely going to end up with 14 or 15 sacks (and he missed a game). Why would he be considered just a 'good' player at this point? He has a TD, four fumble recoveries, 11.5 sacks, and an INT.

This is Woodley's second season.....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday;2455841 said:
Sorry, I looked yesterday and ESPN had the wrong numbers posted or I looked at it wrong thought they only had Harrison with 50 tackles.

NFL.com > :espn:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Harrison.

Ware is younger and has more upside, but Harrison is the best defensive player in the league right now.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday;2455831 said:
Which categories are those? Ware has more tackles and they are tied in picks.
nfl.com says Harrison has more tackles 4 more ff and tell me what game Ware intercepted a pass in this season cause he didn't.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2455842 said:
This is Woodley's second season.....

Really? How'd I miss this?

I said this was his first season as a starter. Clark Haggans was the starter last year. Woodley played a very limited role.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2455847 said:
Harrison.

Ware is younger and has more upside, but Harrison is the best defensive player in the league right now.

I agree with everything said here.

btcutter

Reaction score
BigWillie;2455533 said:
Interesting question to ask considering it is Steelers vs Cowboys week.

Who ya got as of right now?

I'm personally leaning to Ware (shocker) as of right now. The only reason being because Ware was robbed of this award last year and unless a player completely blows Ware away I think the guy is owed one.

With that said, Harrison really is playing better this year for the Steelers defense.

Put Ware in Pitt D...he will break the 22 sack record.

Put Harris in Dallas D....just above average.

Pitt has great scheme and coaching that he's benefitted quite a bit from the overall D.

Section446

Reaction score
Rampage;2455771 said:
like from Dwight Freeney?

we got daboys4life who still thinks Roy #38 is a good player teaming up with theoggt who thinks felix runs with more power than Portis. together they're just lacking knowledge of the game of football.
:lmao:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Just the fact that Ware got robbed last year, should give him the nod if the numbers are close at years end.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
mmillman;2455895 said:
Ware has faced a far tougher schedule. Ware DPOY

Pittsburgh had the greatest strength of schedule since 1976 coming into the season, hahaha.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2455916 said:
Pittsburgh had the greatest strength of schedule since 1976 coming into the season, hahaha.

It hasnt played out that way, not even close.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BigWillie;2455533 said:
Interesting question to ask considering it is Steelers vs Cowboys week.

Who ya got as of right now?

I'm personally leaning to Ware (shocker) as of right now. The only reason being because Ware was robbed of this award last year and unless a player completely blows Ware away I think the guy is owed one.

With that said, Harrison really is playing better this year for the Steelers defense.

I am gonna go with..... DeMarcus Ware - SuperBowl XLIII - MVP