Draft Day 3 thread

Eddie

Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;4536851 said:
Then draft him in the seventh if you just have to have him then.

I doubt there was another team with this scrub on their board as a fourth round pick.

I guess considering he's the last compensatory pick, we could think of it as a 5th rounder. :bang2:

Tobal

Reaction score
guy certainly closes and takes people down quickly. takes good angles, but with the step up in comp will he be that effective?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ManicDepressiveMan;4536851 said:
Then draft him in the seventh if you just have to have him then.

I doubt there was another team with this scrub on their board as a fourth round pick.

Obviously they wanted him badly.

What can I say?

Randy White

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4536791 said:
Danny McCray? Or is he not former........yet?
Do we get to see a couple of randoms cage fight for the right to #40?

Not unless it includes a mud pool and two Cowboys cheerleaders wearing Bill Bate's jerseys..

Death Star

Reaction score
Eddie;4536772 said:
Are there any more "he has 1st round talent but fell to the 5th round" guys left?

Dennard is still on the board, the CB who got arrested for punching a cop two weeks before the draft!

walt_a_s

Reaction score
Anguillidae;4536725 said:
Hope the scouts know something we don't... :confused:

How could the scouts know anything that isn't harnessed by the incredible intelect on this thread. The perceptive outlook of most of the posters is clearly a cut above what any knuckleheaded scout could hope to attain.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4536849 said:
77th ranked safety on the board..
:laugh1:
I strongly feel we could have gotten him WAY later.
But none of us know that.
I just hope he contributes for us.

One quailty we know he has that JG wants....hunger. lol

Trying to find a silver lining here.

roy31

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4536752 said:
Jerry is really serious about trying to fix the Defense. Will the O-Line be addressed with the rest of our picks?

I dont have a problem with all of the def players. The defense was the obvious problem last year. Grab a olineman vet or two when they get released for cap reasons and maybe work more on the oline next years draft. To many holes to fix in one draft

Eddie

Reaction score
Fifth round is going quickly.

Expect another project or head scratcher ...

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The way this draft is going we would have been better off trading every pick after Claiborne to get back into the 2nd.

Randy White

Reaction score
fortdick;4536854 said:
My thoughts exactly

Yea..

to those of you who haven't, checkout the youtube videos I posted.. The guy looks the part. We'll see if it translates to the NFL..

Mash

Reaction score
DoomsDayD;4536829 said:
You know what...mayber Jerry should start drafting from the CFL... I am sure they have some better players then what he has drafter these last few picks.
BUt like everyone is saying...we have to wait and see...Just frustrating like i said before you see all these teams improving and we just go out on a limb time and time again and then wonder why we go 8-8 and suck in december. Just FRUSTRATED THAT IS ALL!!!!!:bang2:

Improving is just a opinion.....we dont know how all these players drafted will pan out. Odds are there will be quite a few busts in the 1st round.

Yes its easy to see our pet cats get picked by our rivals.....oh well....every year fans complain about this same thing. For the past 8 yrs on this board I keep on hearing how the Eagles have drafted so well.....and I still havent witnessed them win anything.

I understand the frustration....sometimes players teams have targeted are picked .......look at the mocks here....most players I assume are picked probably a round earlier.

I didnt mind Dallas draft ....I liked the first 3 picks but I have no idea who this other kid is. Doesnt mean he is just a camp body.....I just have to trust the people who scouted him.

Eddie

Reaction score
Risen Star;4536873 said:
You can say the Cowboys massively reached on the player.

Just a late (LATE) 4th rounder. It's a bad pick, but won't hurt as bad as higher rounds.

We burn through 4th rounders like fire wood.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4536834 said:
How do you know that?

I cant believe we are down too arguing about the MATT JOHNSON PICK and if other teams threw there arms up in disgust and anguish that we picked him ahead of them. COME ONE GUYS....there is not one person here who ever mentioned matt johnson or had him in a mock. It is a reach just admit it and move on.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Panthers just got CB Josh Norman with the 143rd pick. Seems like decent value there.

OT Zerbie Sanders looks good for Buffalo too.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4536879 said:
The way this draft is going we would have been better off trading every pick after Claiborne to get back into the 2nd.

This. Considering that this draft is not very deep at all and this team's history of mid-to-late rounders, I would've been happy to package all those picks to get an earlier 3rd or an earlier 4th at the least

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The best part of Today's draft is Mayock telling Rich that he looks like a woman. :laugh2: