Draft Day 3 thread

DFWJC

Reaction score
Risen Star;4536918 said:
How about James Brown G Troy or Brandon Washington G Miami here?
At this point, why not?
Any takers on Mike Brewster OC, Ohio State?

My other safeties still haven't gone, so I can't whine about them not taking them earlier if they're still there when we pick.

BTW, I still think Carolina got great value with CB Josh Norman in the 5th.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Fitting comment regarding the Cowboys draft today that i found below an article :

Dallas needs going into today: DL, Safety, Offensive Line, Wide Receiver and Tight End

Best options to fill those needs: Crick, Blake, Martin, Ta'amu, Charles and Toon.

Direction they chose to go: Wilber, Johnson

kilz

Reaction score
The war room seemed to be happy and confident in the Matt Johnson pick. They seem to be searching now for a target.

ravidubey

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4536834 said:
How do you know that?

I have to go with what I know because Jerry Jones has not earned the benefit of a doubt.

This player is not ranked on most credible draft services in the country. Not ranked.

That means you don't take him in the 4th round. Chapman taken one player later is a much better prospect.

Even if your scouts think Johnson is going to the HOF, you can get him later. You can't get a Chapman later.

The draft isn't about finding a talented player. It's about getting the most talent possible from the picks you've been given.

fortdick

Reaction score
Ren;4536916 said:
Jerry just can't resist making his annual "i'm smarter then everyone else" pick in every draft. He'll make the team just to save face this year then get cut in TC next year, seen this so many times now it's like watching a rerun

Geez, it's a fourth round compensatory pick! What did you expect? Adrian Peterson?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I still say we should have traded the rest of our picks and gotten back deep into the 2nd round and gotten a player that will actually see the field.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4536926 said:
You know how Cowboyjoe always posts about these obscure prospects?

That's what I'm thinking right now.

Joe tunneled his way into VR and called in the pick himself.

We might be better off with joe in charge. ;)

Randy White

Reaction score
fortdick;4536959 said:
Geez, it's a fourth round compensatory pick! What did you expect? Adrian Peterson?

I don't know about you, but at the very least I was looking for a Bob Lilly with that pick. I would have settled for my hero Randy White, though..

CowboyMort

Reaction score
Eddie;4536907 said:
Bills and Panthers just got good value in the 5th.

We're drafting UDFA's in the 4th.

This is killing me.

Who would you pick Eddie?

Ren

Reaction score
fortdick;4536959 said:

yes, Adrian Peterson, i am expecting Adrian Peterson :rolleyes:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4536961 said:
I still say we should have traded the rest of our picks and gotten back deep into the 2nd round and gotten a player that will actually see the field.

To say none of these guys will see the field would suggest that the guys ahead of them are significantly better players.