Draft Day 3 thread

a_minimalist

Reaction score
i hate how we always have to try and outsmart the room. i hope good things can come out of these late round players.

mldardy

Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;4537028 said:
Another terrible pick.
And you are so sure of this. I mean there are great WR prospects in the 5th round just everywhere.:rolleyes:

People praising and crying about these picks make me laugh. Again if and until these guys get on the field no one knows how good or bad they will be. This is all just guessing because you never heard of the guy or didn't see him play or whatever. We have no idea on any of these picks especially in the late rounds and that goes for every team.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Broaddus' view on Johnson:

DallasCowboys.com football analyst Bryan Broaddus, a former NFL scout of 13 years, breaks down each of the Cowboys' draft picks.
Here is Broaddus' breakdown of Eastern Washington Safety Matt Johnson, whom the Cowboys drafted #135 overall with their Day 3 pick on Saturday.
Why He's Special: Good reactions....fight off the block...physical tackler...flies to the ball...steps up to make the tackle...down hill player...drives well on the ball in coverage...takes good angles to the ball...can beat the block to the point of attack...wrap up tackler...aware to read routes up the field...can carry slot up the field...not just a strong safety type...has some flexibility to his game....works to try and create turnovers.
What Needs Work: Has no problems in the running game and covers well enough but the coaches will work on his footwork and technique to make him more of a complete safety. How He Fits In: This is a physical player that leaves it all on the field...always around the football...love the way that he tries to create turnovers...plays with awareness and does have some cover ability....has a nose for ball.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=FA404332-9557-14BB-2CE8D9FD50646D97

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
You draft a guy who has 7 career TD's over a Tommy streeter who had 9 in one year as his first full year as a starter. This is really a joke.

LoneStar_G

Reaction score
Watched Danny Coale play in high school. He ripped apart my high school's defense and special teams units. In college he was killer at VA Tech. Love the pic.

dstew60105

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Derekmtl85;4537040 said:
...So yeah....i guess the team really feels the O-line is just fine. :bang2:

Who would you draft here that's better then the four guards we have on the roster?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wanted an OL but that's not a bad pick. He's on Mel's underrated list and is a top 150 player in his grading system.

Randy White

Reaction score
[youtube]I-FhXQDefOE[/youtube]

yea, I remember now.. didn't like him too much that day, of course..

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Bluestang;4537054 said:
Broaddus' view on Johnson:

DallasCowboys.com football analyst Bryan Broaddus, a former NFL scout of 13 years, breaks down each of the Cowboys' draft picks.
Here is Broaddus' breakdown of Eastern Washington Safety Matt Johnson, whom the Cowboys drafted #135 overall with their Day 3 pick on Saturday.
Why He's Special: Good reactions....fight off the block...physical tackler...flies to the ball...steps up to make the tackle...down hill player...drives well on the ball in coverage...takes good angles to the ball...can beat the block to the point of attack...wrap up tackler...aware to read routes up the field...can carry slot up the field...not just a strong safety type...has some flexibility to his game....works to try and create turnovers.
What Needs Work: Has no problems in the running game and covers well enough but the coaches will work on his footwork and technique to make him more of a complete safety. How He Fits In: This is a physical player that leaves it all on the field...always around the football...love the way that he tries to create turnovers...plays with awareness and does have some cover ability....has a nose for ball.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=FA404332-9557-14BB-2CE8D9FD50646D97
Makes me feel a bit better, he does look good in the highlight video...but then again, it is a highlight video. :p:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Why much negativity. Our top 2-3 picks were strong from all scouts and reviews. Now people are expecting starters in the 5th. What drafts have you seen in past?

Mash

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4537003 said:
There's a big reason NYG, Philly, Pittsburgh, etc have been better than Dallas the last 15 years. We're seeing it yet again today.

Why include Philly? What have they won? Oh yeah...some playoff games.....

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Randy White;4537068 said:
[youtube]I-FhXQDefOE[/youtube]

yea, I remember now.. didn't like him too much that day, of course..

Damn, that kid can really keep the ball after a big hit.