Draft Day 3 thread

mldardy

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;4537057 said:
You draft a guy who has 7 career TD's over a Tommy streeter who had 9 in one year as his first full year as a starter. This is really a joke.
LOL Tommy Streeter didn't do anything until his senior year. Yes let's get Tommy Streeter, he's the difference maker.

mldardy

Reaction score
The Dallas1575;4537090 said:
love this pick...very smart WR one of Techs all time leading recievers in receptions
He's the one who "caught" what should have been the game winner in the Sugar Bowl against Michigan.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
mldardy;4537094 said:
He's the one who "caught" what should have been the game winner in the Sugar Bowl against Michigan.

Exactly. He might be a good pick. I kinda like this one.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
dstew60105;4537062 said:
Who would you draft here that's better then the four guards we have on the roster?

No idea really, i'm hoping Nagy and Arkin can have a better season, but in round 4 their was some O-line players we could have picked.

I'm not that angry, at this point in the draft...it's really mostly luck that gets you a good player anyways.

And the WR we just picked seems to be a good slot receiver, keeps the ball even after some huge hits...i like that.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;4537100 said:
We passed on far superior WRs because they probably can't contribute to special teams.

This team will never get it.
And this guy can contribute on ST?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ManicDepressiveMan;4537100 said:
We passed on far superior WRs because they probably can't contribute to special teams.

This team will never get it.

In your uneducated opinion.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
mldardy;4537088 said:
LOL Tommy Streeter didn't do anything until his senior year. Yes let's get Tommy Streeter, he's the difference maker.

Streeter was a redshirt junior. I'm not saying he's the savior, but his upside is far greater than coale's.

The Dallas1575

Reaction score
mldardy;4537094 said:

big VT fan..and I dont think that was a catch but awesome effort...great pick..the guy will make the team...I like him over Boykin!!

Smashin222

Reaction score
From ESPN

Accountable and a relentless worker. A well rounded and respectable individual. Has a team first mentality. Brings added value as a versatile special teams' player including showing the ability to punt in emergency situations. Graduated with a degree in finance in December of 2010 and is currently on pace to earn a second undergraduate degree in market management.

Possesses natural hands. Consistently plucks the ball away from frame and rarely lets ball into frame. Appears natural stabbing the ball on the move and doesn't break stride. Displays good body control and can open up and make tough catch outside of strike zone. Times leaps well when elevating to high point the football. Flashes ability to fully extend and pull in circus catch.

Fearless as a receiver and not afraid to put his body on the line to make catch. Displays excellent field and sideline awareness and shows a good understanding for the down and distance. Is a willing run blocker but can give better effort on a more consistent basis.

Biggest drawbacks:

getting separation, lacks top end speed.

mldardy

Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;4537081 said:
Coale over guys like Marvin Jones? Streeter? Criner?

~flush~
COuld you give it up already. Already mentioned Streeter did nothing until his senior season and Coale still had a better senior season. Jones did nothing better than Coale except 5 more TD's. Whoopty doo!

Randy White

Reaction score
the Cowboys have drafted 2 guys right now who very few people have heard of, are not popular with draftnicks, but the fan base will end up rooting for because of their effort play.

Danny Amendola comes to mind.

Manster68

Reaction score
Derekmtl85;4537070 said:
Makes me feel a bit better, he does look good in the highlight video...but then again, it is a highlight video. :p:

Will he run proper routes?
Will he catch the ball?
Will he come up big in big games?

Then I don't care how small or slow he is.

Good Luck Danny!!!!

mldardy

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;4537112 said:
Streeter was a redshirt junior. I'm not saying he's the savior, but his upside is far greater than coale's.
The guy did nothing for 3 years. And again I love this 'he's got upside' and you know this how?

Bluestang

Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;4537118 said:
WHOA!!

You know how many guys who can jump high, but not play a lick of football?

A lot.

Just please stop talking you are making yourself look ignorant.