Draft Day 3 thread

Rockytop6

Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;4536712 said:
This guy is a horrid pick.

Another AOA.

It seems like you can't get picked by the Cowboys unless you are injured or a project. The first round seems to be the only round that is immune to their drafting philosophy.

Is this draft another 2009 draft plus Claiborne? I have never heard of any of the last three picks. I know the answer, "The Cowboys's scouts do." Well you would think some of these draft gurus would know something positive about them.

I am sick with the way things are going. I was not sold on trading up in the first round and losing our second pick, but after processing it I got excited and I'm glad we got Claiborne. I didn't think we gave too much when you can get an elite blue chip top 6 player in the draft.

However, I heard Polian say at the beginning of the day that rounds 4-7 are the rounds that make for championships. After the first round pick I thought we would have a great draft, but now my optimism has gone down the toilet. I now have to wonder if we would have been better off staying put in round one and taking each round with the best pick on our board with need as our reference. It seems trading the first two picks for Claiborne has sucked the like out of the draft instead of energizing it.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
fortdick;4537143 said:
Dude, looking at your username, I see the problem.

You forgot to take you meds. Go take them and log back on the three hours.....please.

Not cool at all dude.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
bigtach87;4537153 said:
There appears to be a pattern to all of our picks so far...

Claiborne: "Solid work ethic. Mature for his age. No off the field issues to our knowledge. Good mental makeup for the position."

Crawford: "Very coachable. Works hard on and off the field. Appears to have good football character. No off the field issues to our knowledge."

Wilber: "A well rounded individual. Hard worker and takes coaching well. Respected by coaches and teammates. Named a team captain as a senior."

Danny Coale: "Accountable and a relentless worker. A well rounded and respectable individual. Has a team first mentality."

Matt Johnson: " This is a physical player that leaves it all on the field...always around the football.."

By all accounts this is something this team has needed desperately!

Deep_South

Reaction score
Coale is a plug and play replacement for Ogletree. If he can't play, things will just stay the same.

Smashin222

Reaction score
Idgit;4537151 said:
This guy seems to me to be exactly the kind of WR Romo likes to throw to.

exactly my reaction too. Stable, strong hands, good precise routes, doesn't need to be physical specimen (see laurent robinson) but needs to be consistent and reliable

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Rockytop6;4537189 said:
It seems like you can't get picked by the Cowboys unless you are injured or a project. The first round seems to be the only round that is immune to their drafting philosophy.

Is this draft another 2009 draft plus Claiborne? I have never heard of any of the last three picks. I know the answer, "The Cowboys's scouts do." Well you would think some of these draft gurus would know something positive about them.

I am sick with the way things are going. I was not sold on trading up in the first round and losing our second pick, but after processing it I got excited and I'm glad we got Claiborne. I didn't think we gave too much when you can get an elite blue chip top 6 player in the draft.

However, I heard Polian say at the beginning of the day that rounds 4-7 are the rounds that make for championships. After the first round pick I thought we would have a great draft, but now my optimism has gone down the toilet. I now have to wonder if we would have been better off staying put in round one and taking each round with the best pick on our board with need as our reference. It seems trading the first two picks for Claiborne has sucked the like out of the draft instead of energizing it.

Dont jump bro, dont jump.

Did Risen get your password and log into your acct? :lmao: :lmao2:

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4537203 said:
Found nothing funny about that.

Maybe you should try a sense of humor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Or, maybe lighten up a bit . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Or, dont take this stuff so seriously . . . . . . . . . .

I dunno, but it didnt seem all that bad . . . . . . . . . .

RastaRocket

Reaction score
I find it funny how everybody keeps going back to 09. Where did the drafts in between go?

Oh ya, they were good.

Sorry, but I'm on board with the scouts as of lately.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
This may sound Bias but as a Cowboys and Hokies fan I love the Danny Coale Pick. A Hokie becoming a Cowboy is just perfect. :)

RastaRocket

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4537221 said:
Maybe you should try a sense of humor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Or, maybe lighten up a bit . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Or, dont take this stuff so seriously . . . . . . . . . .

I dunno, but it didnt seem all that bad . . . . . . . . . .

Don't really care. But definitely rattled a sensitive nerve.

Zordon

Reaction score
i can't get over that johnson pick.

it's not that i don't like him, i just don't understand why you pick him so early when we probably could have gotten him in the 6th round?

we could have used that pick on another prospect.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RastaRocket;4537234 said:
Probably. Don't really care. But definitely rattled a sensitive nerve.

Manic depresive guy is a troll poster who regularly wishes death on Cowboys personnel.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
zrinkill;4537245 said:
Manic depresive guy is a troll poster who regularly wishes death on Cowboys personnel.

So...he's 14 years old then? :laugh1:

Some people should be banned from the internet.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Zordon;4537235 said:
i can't get over that johnson pick.

it's not that i don't like him, i just don't understand why you pick him so early when we probably could have gotten him in the 6th round?

we could have used that pick on another prospect.

The only possible reason would be they were afraid another team would take him before it was their turn to pick again.

Angus

Reaction score
Rockytop6;4537189 said:

Since you think they can't make good picks, why would you want them to make more of them? It would only frustrate you more. Best to just forget all about the draft; then you wouldn't feel so bad.

I'm only thinking of your mental health.

j/k :)

Randy White

Reaction score
mldardy;4537126 said:
The guy did nothing for 3 years. And again I love this 'he's got upside' and you know this how?

Because he does. He's a big time playmaker.. Problem is that unlike the original playmaker, there are HUGE questions about his desire.

If motivated, though, I'm talking easily another A.J. Green.. If not, then we're talking about a big waste of time.

Kilyin

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4537191 said:
Not cool at all dude.

Lot of thin skinned people around here. Would you be offended if someone implied you smoked a lot of marijuana based on your username and avatar? Just curious.