Draft Day 3 thread

Tobal

Reaction score
What coach is there? With them is that Robinson again?

Kilyin

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe not a single OL man was on our board at any point in the draft where we picked. Whatever.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Can't wait for all the stupid to show up over this final pick, or are all the complainers worn out?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;4538029 said:
its my hunch that when the Boys looked at the second round they saw that all the O linemen they really wanted had been taken. So they ignored what was left and moved on to the other priority areas.

Yeah, I would buy that.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teague31;4538125 said:
4.97 40.. Yikes

Now you know why he's being drafted where he's being drafted.

Hopefully he's one of those guys who plays faster than his numbers.

johnnyd

Reaction score
gimmesix;4538135 said:
Can't wait for all the stupid to show up over this final pick, or are all the complainers worn out?

nope complainers never die! it's to easy :D

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
It's possible the Cowboys are more optimistic about their young lineman than this board is.

NickZepp

Reaction score
This guy seems like a special teams/backup LB type guy. Lot better shot at making the team than a backup OG would.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;4538159 said:
It's possible the Cowboys are more optimistic about their young lineman than this board is.

and what results have shown that they have reason to be optimistic?

That they are standing pat is clear.

That it is the right decision is very debateable.

Randy White

Reaction score
03/12/2012 - There were nearly two dozen NFL teams represented at the University of Montana's pro day on Friday, and any number of them would like to have Caleb McSurdy suiting up and making big hits next fall. Some of them, though, think it might happen on offense.

McSurdy was one of 22 players who went through several drills in front of NFL scouts at UM, including speed drills on the SprinTurf of Washington-Grizzly Stadium. He'd been through all of them before at the NFL scouting combine on Feb. 27, but that was at linebacker. Some of these guys want McSurdy to play fullback. "It's awesome," said the 242-pounder, who was the Big Sky Conference's defensiveplayer of the year. "There's a few teams that just let me know that's what they saw me at. They tell you, " Hey, we want to work you out as a fullback at your pro day,' and you just do it."

McSurdy earned all-conference honors at tight end as a senior at Borah High in Boise, Idaho, and also played some running back. It seems safe to assume he excelled. "No, not really," he said. "I was kind of a bruiser. And not to throw anybody under the bus, but my O-line wasn't terrific. So there were a lot of 2-yard runs that took a lot of effort." Five years later he was back on that side of the ball, if only for an afternoon. "Obviously they want to see you catch the ball and run some routes," he said. "I went out and did that and felt pretty decent." McSurdy also re-tested in the 40-yard dash, and lowered his time from 4.97 at the combine to 4.68 and 4.70. "Coach (Aric) Williams had me at 4.66," McSurdy added. "I think he might've given me the home-town discount. But, good day." - Fritz Neighbor, The Missoulian

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh_Canada;4538159 said:

It's also possible that they're wrong. Like they've been wrong on the OL for years.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4538141 said:
Yeah, I would buy that.

That's their excuse every year. Boy, we wanted to...but all our guys were taken.

They manage to get the cornerbacks they want every year though.

It's called making it a priority. They didn't do it and this offseason is a failure as a result.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Kilyin;4538105 said:
Caleb McSurdy, ILB. Woohoo.

"Yesssssss, he fell right into our laps"----Jerry Jones, GM, owner, the great pooobahhh..:confused:

hell, if I was going to throw away a pick, might as well make it big and get Lebron James, TE. :cool: he may get bored with BBall.

Bluestang

Reaction score
NFL Network gave us a draft grade A, everyone else was B or B- in the division.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4538228 said:
That's their excuse every year. Boy, we wanted to...but all our guys were taken.

They manage to get the cornerbacks they want every year though.

It's called making it a priority. They didn't do it and this offseason is a failure as a result.

Obviously they felt there were other priorities.