Draft Day 3 thread

DFWJC

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4537878 said:
UDFA's people. Don't forget about them. It's not an early round pick but it could still be something
And they get 10 more of them this year than in the past

burmafrd

Reaction score
Bluestang;4537841 said:
Spags said that Arkin worked out 3 times a week during the entire last season. Which I think the max days you can workout in a week during the season.

Broaddus asked Houck about Arkin and he said that he just needed a year in weight training and he would be a player.

I think that is the max you can work out under the new CBA at the TEAM facility.

Of course you can work out at home or elsewhere all you want.

Arkin has had since January to work full time and since he was not activated during the season he was able to work out the max amount then as well.

So we should see a much stronger Arkin at this camp.

ethiostar

Reaction score
I wonder if they plan on bringing in free agent OC and OG. Maybe even after June 1st cuts.

Who is available right now?

NickZepp

Reaction score
You hardly ever get good value on late round offensive linemen. Honestly I would rather see us address this need in UFA.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tobal;4537842 said:
Damn take Molk just to give Costa some competition.... please please please
Do you prefer Molk over Brewster or Garth?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people are desperate to draft olinemen. We loaded up in FA on them so we could look elsewhere if needed in draft. At this point it's BPA for depth.

DFWJC

Reaction score
NickZepp;4537894 said:
You hardly ever get good value on late round offensive linemen. Honestly I would rather see us address this need in UFA.
Sad but very true.

Bluestang

Reaction score
burmafrd;4537884 said:
I think that is the max you can work out under the new CBA at the TEAM facility.

Of course you can work out at home or elsewhere all you want.

Arkin has had since January to work full time and since he was not activated during the season he was able to work out the max amount then as well.

So we should see a much stronger Arkin at this camp.

This is pure speculation and wishful thinking but not going after interior lineman in the draft this year may be an indication that Arkin might be were they expect him to be.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I would rather us get some athletic DB/WR we don't know a bunch about that could impress enough to make special teams or something like that. You basically draft a late round OL to make the team as a backup OL which you really only have 3 spots for.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
NickZepp;4537914 said:
I would rather us get some athletic DB/WR we don't know a bunch about that could impress enough to make special teams or something like that. You basically draft a late round OL to make the team as a backup OL which you really only have 3 spots for.

I think Dennard is still available. Doubt JG wants anyone like him though.

DFWJC

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4537888 said:
Why? I honestly don't know much other than he seems to win a lot.
He is a winner for sure.

It's nothing against him personally, though i do think his ceiling is career backup.
It was more about drafting a QB at this point than anything. If we want to bring in a project or two as UDFA to compete for the 3rd QB slot, that's fine.

DFWJC

Reaction score
NickZepp;4537914 said:

Matt Johnson?

Oh..wait.

Actually, you may have a point about the big-uglies. It's rare one is found this late.

The exception could be at center though.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We all knew (or at least the ones that had put the time in to think about it) that not all the "holes" on this team were going to be fixed within the confines of a 7 round draft.

Just wasn't going to happen.

Some positions were going to be lacking.

Offensive line hasn't been addressed. I get that. I would have liked to have seen an Olineman taken early BUT what position doesn't get the help it needs?

Corner
Safety
Dline
Linebacker

There were solid reasons for those positions needing immediate help also.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
What's the issue with this Garth Gerhart guy?

Gerhart plays true to his name, or at least the reputation that his brother, Toby (who plays for the Minnesota Vikings) has shown the football world in his short time. Gerhart is a high-effort, big-motor player who has the frame to compete for a starting position at the next level. He should be taken in the middle rounds and compete to start early at the next level.

burmafrd

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4538000 said:
We all knew (or at least the ones that had put the time in to think about it) that not all the "holes" on this team were going to be fixed within the confines of a 7 round draft.

Just wasn't going to happen.

Some positions were going to be lacking.

Offensive line hasn't been addressed. I get that. I would have liked to have seen an Olineman taken early BUT what position doesn't get the help it needs?

Corner
Safety
Dline
Linebacker

There were solid reasons for those positions needing immediate help also.

its my hunch that when the Boys looked at the second round they saw that all the O linemen they really wanted had been taken. So they ignored what was left and moved on to the other priority areas.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
What UDFAs would you guys like to see brought in. I'd like the LSU punter to compete with Chris Jones if McBriar isn't good to go.

Tobal

Reaction score
I just felt Costa was the worst starter on the team and I really felt upgrading that position would help the guards... Obviously they think upgrading the guards will help the center and it will.... I just don't know how much we upgraded those positions. Now even if we stayed pat I would expect T smith and Nagy to improve, hell I'msure Costa is better somewhat. I just thought a stud at the center position would really help the offense.