Draft is over and the 2nd phase of Vet Free agency picks up again

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I would rather see that $ moved onto next years cap so we can use it to sign our own free agents. Home grown free agents are often younger. Their issues re: personality and health are typically already understood. Team cohesion, and so on.

2020 free agents (partial list):

Dak
Cooper
Byron Jones
Jaylon Smith
Anthony Brown
La’el Collins
Quinn
Cobb
T. Austin
M. Collins
Su’a-FIlo
Lloka
Sean Lee
Witten

I know we probably never planned to keep a couple of these guys past this year. But, we are gonna have lots of roster spots to fill.
"A couple"....they probably own plan to bring back 4 of those guys.

A vet RB one a 1-year deal doesn't impact next year.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LMAO fuzzy claims Noah runs an elite comeback and that Chris Collinsworth gushed over him.
Fuzzy is referring to Brown's first catch of the 2018 season against Washington, which was the only comeback route catch Noah had all season, and Collinsworth's comment was "wow look at that route". That was it, literally.

When you have to make false claims it really highlights how poor the claim is.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
"A couple"....they probably own plan to bring back 4 of those guys.

A vet RB one a 1-year deal doesn't impact next year.
A QB, WR1, 2 starting CB’s, RT and a star LB. They have to be paid or replaced. It’s a big lift.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again, being 3rd in the league in TDs per game is not average.... like even a little bit.
Two years is nothing lol, it's only two years ago is what you should be saying.

Achilles could complicate things, but he'd hve to check out before signing.
two years in NFL is a long time, specially for an aging, declining player.

yes, Achilles is a huge issue.

and its time to move on from Dez..... stop holding on to the past names...

btw, I was even opposed to signing Witten.......but we were more desparate for TEs than Wrs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I would rather see that $ moved onto next years cap so we can use it to sign our own free agents. Home grown free agents are often younger. Their issues re: personality and health are typically already understood. Team cohesion, and so on.

2020 free agents (partial list):

Dak
Cooper
Byron Jones
Jaylon Smith
Anthony Brown
La’el Collins
Quinn
Cobb
T. Austin
M. Collins
Su’a-FIlo
Lloka
Sean Lee
Witten

I know we probably never planned to keep a couple of these guys past this year. But, we are gonna have lots of roster spots to fill.

Must sign to a long term contract
  • Jaylon Smith
  • Cooper

then franchise
  • Dak - not ready to hand you 160 million contract.
would really like to keep
  • Byron Jones - we may have too many players to sign and his demands will be high if he has another good year.
Would be nice to keep
  • Anthony Brown - good depth. can play slot.
  • Cobb - if he goes injury free, can still do a lot and be a match up nightmare
depending on performance
  • Quinn - if he fits and performs. chances are he will, but how much will he cost.
  • Collins - can he get over his injury issues and be a good contributing rotational guy
  • Lee - if he takes a smallish contract to stay in a limited role, he is a great side line coach. could transition to a coach. and when healthy he produces
  • Iolka - one year prove it...
  • Sua Filo - we probably will draft a younger player to be back up.
bye bye, we enjoyed having you on the team
  • Witten - see you in HOF big guy and get some TV announcer training
  • Austin - always injured. limited as a reciver. like to find his replacement
  • L'ael Collins - may cost too much. we drafted one this year and will shuffle the line once he is gone

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
two years in NFL is a long time, specially for an aging, declining player.

yes, Achilles is a huge issue.

and its time to move on from Dez..... stop holding on to the past names...

btw, I was even opposed to signing Witten.......but we were more desparate for TEs than Wrs.

I'm more opposed to Witten's signing than Dez's, and Witten came at 5x the cost.

It's not about holding onto past names, it's about filling a need. A need that both Dez or someone like Crabtree would try to fill.

If you're not happy with the two players I mention, then put some original thought into something and make your own list that fits needs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm more opposed to Witten's signing than Dez's, and Witten came at 5x the cost.

It's not about holding onto past names, it's about filling a need. A need that both Dez or someone like Crabtree would try to fill.

If you're not happy with the two players I mention, then put some original thought into something and make your own list that fits needs.
I am happy with what we have....none of the FAs make me want to go wow, I must have him....we just need better scheme down in the redzone.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well safety should still be a priority lol.

I think they'll be pretty quiet, they don't really have any depth needs. I still think they should bring in another vet RB, but that seems unlikely now.

This is such a disappointing offseason. They had all of the cap space in the world and, even with the draft, have not brought in a difference maker. They've largely gotten older and slower.

No they haven't except for Witten. But are they better from that or not, can't really say. And it has been a good off season.
Yes they should look at S, and yes they will not do much until right before TC or shortly after it starts.

They have the cap space and are using it wisely.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I saw Det. GM say they will not fill out their roster with Vet FA players which often times this late into the off season the FA market can offer up some good bargains. Do you believe Cowboys will make any moves with remaining NFL vet Free agents? Some interesting names still out on the FA market

Well i dont think we will sign any now.

We will go into training camp and let players show what they have. If we sense we have need at one position we will get help.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
It's crazy how "The Catch" changed the entire trajectory of his career. I know that there were other factors, but that was the moment where it all went south.
Or the last time he really played with a accurate quarterback that could throw him open lol

JBond

Reaction score
He doensn't need surgery
Lol... what are your sources?

Try to educate yourself on a player before bringing him in. Jerry, are you Jerry?

Why didn't he play the last two years?

Berry has not played in two years because he has bone spurs rubbing his Achilles tendon. Good grief. Already had a surgery on one 3 years ago. A defective player. Nice guy. Smart football player.

A complete waste of time and money on an active NFL roster.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
He made quiet a few plays in the playoffs. Not saying he’s ready but atleast showed life

408Cowboy

Reaction score
This is such flawed thinking. Cooper is going to get all the attention, it doesn't matter if he's inside or outside. Now teams don't have to bracket Beasley, they can just bracket Cooper, and you've got a worse weapon on the outside.

Cobb can play slot and outside. He's average at both. he doesn't give you anything on the outside that Terrence Williams didn't.

That doesn't answer anything.
Cobb knows when to stay in bounds or get out. Bet he can ride a scooter better too.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Lol... what are your sources?

Try to educate yourself on a player before bringing him in. Jerry, are you Jerry?
D5cI1JRXkAIAymN.png:large