Draft is over and the 2nd phase of Vet Free agency picks up again

JBond

Reaction score
Off chance they are waiting till the deadline for comp picks passes and then sign Berry?

Other than that, only could see a smaller signing like competition for Maher.
Why do people keep pretending that Barry is healthy and will play? He hasn't played in years and requires surgery.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Which has absoluutely 0 correlation to "how many games do we get his best"

Quinn had 1 sack through 9 games last year. The inconsistency is the same as Gregory.
right now quinn has one advantage, he is not suspended.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
right now quinn has one advantage, he is not suspended.
Right, so we are right back where we were last year. With a solid but inconsistent DE opposite of DLaw.

Quinn makes you better if you add him to DLaw and Gregory. As a 1-1 replacement, it's a minor upgrade, if that, and you got older at the spot.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Redzone weapon
He was one of the best in NFL history and we currently have none outside of Dak's legs
yeah, but Dez coming off injury and he was the master of backshoulder catch with Romo, who was accurate with that...Dak doesn't have that in the redzone..... and as parcells use to say, is he a progress stopper? if Dez is in, who is out....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
yeah, but Dez coming off injury and he was the master of backshoulder catch with Romo, who was accurate with that...Dak doesn't have that in the redzone..... and as parcells use to say, is he a progress stopper? if Dez is in, who is out....
Dez and Dak were money in 2016
Dak threw it up, Dez went and got it

Progress stoppers really only pertain to starters, and I'm not too worried about stunting Noah Browns growth since he wont he here next year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dez and Dak were money in 2016
Dak threw it up, Dez went and got it

Progress stoppers really only pertain to starters, and I'm not too worried about stunting Noah Browns growth since he wont he here next year.
that's key. 2 years ago. and Dez ruptured his Achilles late last year. also Dez only had 50 catches in 2016 for less than 800 yards. that was 58th and 44th in the league respectively. I am not sure if we can call that money.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
that's key. 2 years ago. and Dez ruptured his Achilles late last year. also Dez only had 50 catches in 2016 for less than 800 yards. that was 58th and 44th in the league respectively. I am not sure if we can call that money.
He had 61.2 yards per game on a run first team
And 8 TDs in 12 1/2 games

That's .62 TDs per game
Only 8 players in the NFL had more receiving TDs than Dez, and seven of those eight played 16 games while the last one played 15 games.
He had more TDs per game than all but three receivers.

And our discussion is about red zone threat.

DRella

Reaction score
Suh should be targeted immediately. On a one year championship deal. Plug him in the middle with Quinn and Lawrence on either side. We will have a devastating from 4.

The Jones have said time and time again that safety isn't a priority if the pass rush is there. Add to pass rush even more, go get Suh

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He had 61.2 yards per game on a run first team
And 8 TDs in 12 1/2 games

That's .62 TDs per game
Only 8 players in the NFL had more receiving TDs than Dez, and seven of those eight played 16 games while the last one played 15 games.
He had more TDs per game than all but three receivers.

And our discussion is about red zone threat.
again, his performance was average. even if he played 16 games....and its 2 years ago..... before Achilles injury and a year away from football. you are thinking of the old Dez...the is OLDER dez.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
again, his performance was average. even if he played 16 games....and its 2 years ago..... before Achilles injury and a year away from football. you are thinking of the old Dez...the is OLDER dez.
Again, being 3rd in the league in TDs per game is not average.... like even a little bit.
Two years is nothing lol, it's only two years ago is what you should be saying.

Achilles could complicate things, but he'd hve to check out before signing.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Brown. Brown is actually improving markedly year to year and costs nothing.

Dez is on a steep decline and doesn't have the skills to make up for the erosion of his physical talent.

"Improving markedly" despite showing no marketable improvement.
Dez also costs nothing, so doesnt help your point.

Dez's decline would have to be at an extreme angle to get down to Brown, and there's no way for you to know that his decline is that steep.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
"Improving markedly" despite showing no marketable improvement.
Dez also costs nothing, so doesnt help your point.

Dez's decline would have to be at an extreme angle to get down to Brown, and there's no way for you to know that his decline is that steep.

You've always struck me as someone who watches games but really doesn't know what he is looking at. It's also remarkable as in root word mark as opposed to marketable root word market.

Noah Brown runs an elite comeback route, and plus in and out routes. His footwork and hips are consistent with all 3. Chris Collinsworth, a HoF WR in his own right, gushed about it on a telecast. Brown did not have that 2 years ago. That is a marked improvement ie has elements to it that are easily identifiable as my remarks indicate.

As for Dez his last season here it was obvious he was not as explosive out of his breaks as he had been even the year before. this makes sense because athletes generally start to lose quickness around that age, 28. He is now older 2 years and coming off an injury directly related to the foot's ability to plant and then push off.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You've always struck me as someone who watches games but really doesn't know what he is looking at. It's also remarkable as in root word mark as opposed to marketable root word market.

Noah Brown runs an elite comeback route, and plus in and out routes. His footwork and hips are consistent with all 3. Chris Collinsworth, a HoF WR in his own right, gushed about it on a telecast. Brown did not have that 2 years ago. That is a marked improvement ie has elements to it that are easily identifiable as my remarks indicate.

As for Dez his last season here it was obvious he was not as explosive out of his breaks as he had been even the year before. this makes sense because athletes generally start to lose quickness around that age, 28. He is now older 2 years and coming off an injury directly related to the foot's ability to plant and then push off.

Great, now we are calling some of Browns traits elite.
Ugh nevermind.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Well safety should still be a priority lol.

I think they'll be pretty quiet, they don't really have any depth needs. I still think they should bring in another vet RB, but that seems unlikely now.

This is such a disappointing offseason. They had all of the cap space in the world and, even with the draft, have not brought in a difference maker. They've largely gotten older and slower.

I would rather see that $ moved onto next years cap so we can use it to sign our own free agents. Home grown free agents are often younger. Their issues re: personality and health are typically already understood. Team cohesion, and so on.

2020 free agents (partial list):

Dak
Cooper
Byron Jones
Jaylon Smith
Anthony Brown
La’el Collins
Quinn
Cobb
T. Austin
M. Collins
Su’a-FIlo
Lloka
Sean Lee
Witten

I know we probably never planned to keep a couple of these guys past this year. But, we are gonna have lots of roster spots to fill.