Draft Needs

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
There basically shouldn't be a player with a first-round grade other than OL.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It depends on the RB. They are still relevant despite the myth this is a passing league.
If we are picking in the back end of the 1st round and Blake Corum is on the board with no clear BPA at another position, you take the RB.
I personally hate HB's being devalued. You're HB touches the ball more than anyone outside. Im good taking a HB in the late first as long as they are a 3 down guy.

Im a fan of Corum. He probably would have been an early 2nd rounder in the past draft if he came out. Better prospect than Charbonnet IMO. If we are below 25, Im good with Corum

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tough to say until free agency starts shaking out. But I would put our wish list, regardless of positional value, as

-WR. Number one with a bullet. No one besides CeeDee is consistently separating, and Dak needs the help at this point.

-LB. LVE may be done and depth is poor. Overshown is coming back, and he looked like a dude who freakin has it, so I am very excited there. But we need another backer even in the best case scenario.

-RB. Pollard's not looking good as an alpha dog, and he even may be allowed to walk. Such is the perils of the FT. I don't blame players for hating it.

-LT. Tyron's done, Steele doesn't look good, Tyler Smith is looking like a stud at guard.

-C. Biadasz is mediocre and his contract is up.
SN Pollards family has a thriving BBQ business in Memphis. He has got some money now to expand on that. Hope he goes that route with his $. Generational family assets over short term wealth

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I’m shocked more people don’t think WR. Outside of Lamb this team is pretty bad.

WR
RB
OL
CB Gilmore is FA after season.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Tough to say until free agency starts shaking out. But I would put our wish list, regardless of positional value, as

-WR. Number one with a bullet. No one besides CeeDee is consistently separating, and Dak needs the help at this point.
Wideout glaring need 2 years in a row! AD Mitchell looking to be late first and 5th wideout overall, I'll take him allll dayyyyy!

Jfconrow

Reaction score
The past few years they just draft one of every position. I guess its the draft for depth approach. The first rounder is normally a starter so its a position of need. I would say a LT or LB could start right away.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Sorry but LB and Defensive Line are not even an option, with the emergence of Bell and Overshown coming back next year, just doesn't make sense to
draft an LB. For all of the people who love interior defensive line guys, well you got one last year and he's super underwhelming. Really don't want
to bring up Trysten Hill either. Not to mention almost all of the other interior d-linemen taken after Mazi have been pretty bad. Just a really hard position
to get someone worth the value.

When Dallas loses to theses so called "Better Teams", our offense disappears. We could argue the entire team looks bad but offense really looks bad.
We need a skill player on offense, glaring need.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Sorry but LB and Defensive Line are not even an option, with the emergence of Bell and Overshown coming back next year, just doesn't make sense to
draft an LB. For all of the people who love interior defensive line guys, well you got one last year and he's super underwhelming. Really don't want
to bring up Trysten Hill either. Not to mention almost all of the other interior d-linemen taken after Mazi have been pretty bad. Just a really hard position
to get someone worth the value.

When Dallas loses to theses so called "Better Teams", our offense disappears. We could argue the entire team looks bad but offense really looks bad.
We need a skill player on offense, glaring need.
DL absolutely should be, especially edge.

Fowler and Armstrong are both FAs after this year. DLaw will be 32 and in his last year in 2024 - may be a cap casualty because he has a $20m+ cap hit. Williams and Micah isn't enough, and this is a class with a bunch of edge projects.

They should come out of rounds 1-2 with a C/OT and a DE.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
DL absolutely should be, especially edge.

Fowler and Armstrong are both FAs after this year. DLaw will be 32 and in his last year in 2024 - may be a cap casualty because he has a $20m+ cap hit. Williams and Micah isn't enough, and this is a class with a bunch of edge projects.

They should come out of rounds 1-2 with a C/OT and a DE.

Would not be upset with this at all.

reddyuta

Reaction score
QB and OT.since Jerry wont draft a QB we should draft the best OT available in RD 1.

John813

Reaction score
Not in any order.

OT. Tyron Smith is a free agent. I'm going to assume they will try to re-sign him but if not then this becomes a big hole at LT, if Tyler stays at LG.
RB. Pollard has shown that he isn't the main man. Dallas will probably want to go the cheap rookie contract route here anyways with maybe a cheap vet. Day 2/3
LB. LVE is more than likely done. Bell has looked good and Overshown flashed potential but it's just potential and he's coming off an ACL. Day 2-3 pick for depth/competition. Clark has looked alright.
CB. Gilmore is still a NFL CB but approaching mid 30's. Diggs and Bland will be a great duo but depth is still needed as it looks like Wright ain't it and Noah Iggy is a bust.
DE. Fehoko IMO was a step towards DE depth in 2024 with FA in Armstrong and Fowler, but good depth is always needed at edge.