Draft Needs

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I would draft offensive linemen in each of the first three rounds, with an OT in round 1, a road-grader in 2nd round and a center with guard-flex in the third round.
The Boys need power on the OL to open up the running lanes and younger they must get.
my needs are:

OT
RB
LB
OL

I think you could GO OT or RB in 1st but we need LB depth in the draft, so somewhere in the top 4 rounds.

Gambit

Reaction score
Still think CB is a need.

Gilmore likely moves in. No guarantee Diggs returns to full strength next year and Lewis is replaceable.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is a good question. T and C are needed. A QB. RB. I might even draft 2 QBs. MLB and I want a real thumper type MLB. DT as well but that will have to come later.

What to do about Dak??? Man that is a big decision coming down the road.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Still think CB is a need.

Gilmore likely moves in. No guarantee Diggs returns to full strength next year and Lewis is replaceable.
I hope they re-sign Gilmore. Breaking up that pass vs McClaurin on a double-move 30 yards down field shows me he still has some juice. Retain Gilmore and you can limit snap counts for Diggs coming off the ACL and the aging Gilmore.

I'd go OL with 2 of my early picks. RB and CB would be next on priority list.
What to do about Dak??? Man that is a big decision coming down the road.

They are definitely extending him. They cant go into the next season with the current cap #.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
I hope they re-sign Gilmore. Breaking up that pass vs McClaurin on a double-move 30 yards down field shows me he still has some juice. Retain Gilmore and you can limit snap counts for Diggs coming off the ACL and the aging Gilmore.

I'd go OL with 2 of my early picks. RB and CB would be next on priority list.

They are definitely extending him. They cant go into the next season with the current cap #.

Would not be mad at this move at all.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Zack Zinter, all-American OG from Michigan just got carted off with a nasty knee injury vs. Ohio State. Was a likely first-round draft choice next April; I wonder how far he slips now. Depending on the severity of his injury, he could be a bargain in later rounds.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Zack Zinter, all-American OG from Michigan just got carted off with a nasty knee injury vs. Ohio State. Was a likely first-round draft choice next April; I wonder how far he slips now. Depending on the severity of his injury, he could be a bargain in later rounds.

Agree, Prayers for a speedy recovery. Big kid!

Havic

Reaction score
OL -(A true LT, possibly center also)
CB (Need more depth here, especially if Gilmore doesn't return, and J Lewis is cut / not resigned)
RB (No idea if Pollard will be back)
WR (to replace Gallup)
MLB (to replace LVE)

Plankton

Reaction score
Zak Zinter is a guy that I REALLY want the Cowboys to draft. Looks like he suffered a bad leg injury today, so he now has Cowboy second rounder written all over him.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Zak Zinter is a guy that I REALLY want the Cowboys to draft. Looks like he suffered a bad leg injury today, so he now has Cowboy second rounder written all over him.
He sure does! Depending on the severity, I'd might be interested..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is the first draft that I have seen that the Cowboys can draft best players available with each draft pick. Bass can play center, Richards can play tackle, and Diggs returns. I think they can get a deal with Pollard that won’t break the bank.