Draft priorities getting clearer

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Not all the dominoes have fallen, but we are getting some clarity.

I've done posts in the past showing a clear correlation between where we have sunk assets in free agency/trades and the positions we pick early (rounds 1-4) in the past.

We can expect that CB, WR, and RB will be three of our first four selections in the upcoming draft. The 4th likely option is TE given the amount of formal interviews we've had with TE prospects.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When it comes to the draft I don't think you stop looking at a prospect because you replaced them with a 30 year old. Especially drafting late in the 1st. I'd still go corner if the best guy on my board is there. Not doing this is how you end up with Taco's and Trysten HIll's.

DanA

Reaction score

I've done posts in the past showing a clear correlation between where we have sunk assets in free agency/trades and the positions we pick early (rounds 1-4) in the past.

We can expect that CB, WR, and RB will be three of our first four selections in the upcoming draft. The 4th likely option is TE given the amount of formal interviews we've had with TE prospects.
I have LB ahead of WR and CB now and DT is far and away our biggest need but I’m hoping we see something in free agency to dull that a bit.

If I had to guess I’d say we draft one of Kincaid or Bijan in the first round.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Definitely drafting a CB. Need to draft an iOL. Need to draft an iDL. RB is a must. TE is a good bet.
First 4 rounds is tough to predict because they still need more players than the picks they have. TE, CB, RB, iDL.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
TE is in the first tier - not the next tier

TE is going to be the pick at 26
I'm surely hoping for that....If people want to help Dak and this offense, get a game changing tight end in a deep tight end draft.....The ones on the roster right now aren't game changers!

gtb1943

Reaction score
I am thinking they use a later rd pick on RB; RBs have traditionally done better in their rookie seasons then just about any other position.
Same with WR as the NEED is now not so great. We got a very good CB by trade so that drops some in need as well.

TE is probably sharing their priority with OL and HOPEFULLY DL

gtb1943

Reaction score
I'm surely hoping for that....If people want to help Dak and this offense, get a game changing tight end in a deep tight end draft.....The ones on the roster right now aren't game changers!
REAL game changers are rare; usually only a few in any one draft. That term gets thrown around way too much.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
I have LB ahead of WR and CB now and DT is far and away our biggest need but I’m hoping we see something in free agency to dull that a bit.

If I had to guess I’d say we draft one of Kincaid or Bijan in the first round.
If both are there, What do you do?

I'm thinking RB might be more impactful, but IDK.

Creeper

Reaction score
If the Cowboys sign a DT before the draft I think they will be set up to take BPA in the first round. RB is a need, but they have enough at CB to make that a lower priority. They have Diggs and Gilmore, Bland, Lewis, Wright, Joseph and Mukuamu if they need him to play CB. They don't need to go CB in the first. The most glaring need on this team right now is DT. Their current group is weak unless Gallimore and Bohanna make a gigantic leap in 2023.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
TE is in the first tier - not the next tier

TE is going to be the pick at 26
Get me Darnell Washington at #29. Or trade down and pick up OG Steve Avila. Would be thrilled with either pick.

CashMan

Reaction score

You just traded for a CB and WR, why would you be targeting them? I think they are 100% going to be taking a RB in the first 3 rounds though.

heir

Reaction score

I think WR has moved down the list and DT has replaced it.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Definitely drafting a CB. Need to draft an iOL. Need to draft an iDL. RB is a must. TE is a good bet.
First 4 rounds is tough to predict because they still need more players than the picks they have. TE, CB, RB, iDL.

That’s were FA is suppose to kick in.