Draft prospects the Boys have shown some interest in...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Just for fun, a mock draft based on a) the rumor that the Boys are talking about trading pick 28, Akin Ayodele, Anthony Henry and their fourth rounder to the Falcons for DeAngelo Hall and 2 second round picks, and b) the interest list we've been able to compile thus far:

1) Limas Sweed, WR, Texas...

2a) Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas (Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina would be a workable substitute here)...

2b) Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M... the Cowboys go all-Texas early on...

2c) Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa...

3) Peyton Hillis, FB, Arkansas... I know, lots of us in here are big fans of Owen Schmitt (including your friendly local Bear), but I've read that the Boys are VERY high on Hillis... he is a good deal faster than Schmitt is...

5) Curtis Johnson, OLB, Clark (Atlanta)... remember, the Boys had traded away their 4th rounder in the Hall trade...

Then in the late rounds, the Boys could look to beef up their offensive line, particualy center, maybe add another wideout like Monk or Urrutia...

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
TVMan;1965636 said:
You probably haven't seen him play then. He would be an ideal OLB in the 34.
Has ANYONE on this board seen him play? I didn't know there was such a place as Clark Atlanta University, not to mention the fact that they have a football team.

BlueStarDude

Reaction score
A couple more...

Per the Draft Daddy blog: "The Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans had great interviews with [safety Marcus Griffin of Texas]..."

Per TFY Draft Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Tennessee State, CB) has interviewed with Dallas. Great news!

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
peplaw06;1967251 said:
Has ANYONE on this board seen him play? I didn't know there was such a place as Clark Atlanta University, not to mention the fact that they have a football team.

You didn't watch the Clark Atlanta University games this year? Jeeze where were you.

:rolleyes:

GO...uhh...hold on let me google something...Clark Atlanta University mascot...

there we go

GO PANTHERS!

Woods

Reaction score
BlueStarDude;1967961 said:
A couple more...

Per the Draft Daddy blog: "The Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans had great interviews with [safety Marcus Griffin of Texas]..."

Per TFY Draft Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Tennessee State, CB) has interviewed with Dallas. Great news!

I would like to get Cromartie in Round 1.

TVMan

Reaction score
peplaw06;1967251 said:

East West Shrine Game.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
TVMan;1968169 said:
East West Shrine Game.
Well I guess you are the authority on all things Curtis Johnson. I bow before your couch scouting. :bow:

TVMan

Reaction score
peplaw06;1968173 said:
Well I guess you are the authority on all things Curtis Johnson. I bow before your couch scouting. :bow:

Yeah, whatever.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
peplaw06;1967251 said:

That's probably because you're white and Clark is a historically black school.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
TheCount;1968351 said:
Yeah chalk it up to my racial ignorance.

That or the fact that they've only produced 5 NFL players in their history.:rolleyes:

silverbear

Reaction score
peplaw06;1968383 said:

That or the fact that they've only produced 5 NFL players in their history.:rolleyes:

Name all 5, then I'll be impressed...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;1968351 said:

this is why I like the black and white cookie, two colors living in racial harmony

look to the cookie I say, look to the cookie

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
peplaw06;1968383 said:

Who said anything about racial ignorance? Maybe your insecurities are bubbling up.

Bob Sacamano;1968639 said:
this is why I like the black and white cookie, two colors living in racial harmony

look to the cookie I say, look to the cookie

Why does that sound familiar?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
silverbear;1968613 said:
Name all 5, then I'll be impressed...

Morris Stroud
Elijah Nevitt
Greg McCrary
Chuck Evans
Walt Landers

I looked it up earlier. :D

TheCount said:
Who said anything about racial ignorance? Maybe your insecurities are bubbling up.
You implied it when you stated that I hadn't heard of the University because I was white.

When in reality that's not the reason. The reason is that it's a D-II school, and there are probably hundreds of D-II schools outside of Texas that I've never heard of.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
peplaw06;1968683 said:
You implied it when you stated that I hadn't heard of the University because I was white.

When in reality that's not the reason. The reason is that it's a D-II school, and there are probably hundreds of D-II schools outside of Texas that I've never heard of.

I'm not implying you are racist, so relax.

I'm simply educating you to the fact that Clark is a well known school amongst the African American community, which you probably wouldn't (and didn't) know because you probably aren't African American.

There are plenty of women only schools, or art schools, or business schools I don't know about because I'm not a woman, a painter or business owner. I don't consider it an insult when someone tells me this.

silverbear

Reaction score
peplaw06;1968683 said:
Morris Stroud
Elijah Nevitt
Greg McCrary
Chuck Evans
Walt Landers

I looked it up earlier. :D

And I don't recognize any of 'em... LOL...

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
You know, I'm starting to get the feeling that Chris Johnson and Peyton Hillis are going to be drafted by Dallas. It's kind of funny because people have been speculating all off season about Jerry trading up for his Arkansas back in Darren McFadden, or taking Felix Jones with #22 or #28...but he said people might be surprised out how they fill the spot of Barber's backup. The surprise? RB/FB tweener Peyton Hillis is the real Arkansas back they're after.

They'd really both be good additions to the team and between them they could provide an impact on the production and/or depth at 5 positions. They could be RBs #2 and #3, Hillis could also be in the mix at FB and as a special teams contributor, while Johnson could of course also return kicks and be split out wide as the slot WR.

::shrugs::

I just have a feeling.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hostile turned me on to Curtis Johnson a few weeks ago after one of his mocks.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
In an interview Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie asked what teams were most interested in him and he said Dallas and Jacksonville. I liked hearing we were talking to him and I like hearing that we're very interested in him even more.