Draft prospects the Boys have shown some interest in...

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
TheCount;1968693 said:
I'm not implying you are racist, so relax.

I'm simply educating you to the fact that Clark is a well known school amongst the African American community, which you probably wouldn't (and didn't) know because you probably aren't African American.

There are plenty of women only schools, or art schools, or business schools I don't know about because I'm not a woman, a painter or business owner. I don't consider it an insult when someone tells me this.
Yeah, but if you hadn't heard of [random D-III art school], I would probably just inform you of what kind of school it is. I wouldn't say, "well hell you're not creative, therefore you've probably never heard of it."

There was no reason to throw that dig in there. That's what it was, and you know it.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
peplaw06;1968951 said:
Yeah, but if you hadn't heard of [random D-III art school], I would probably just inform you of what kind of school it is. I wouldn't say, "well hell you're not creative, therefore you've probably never heard of it."

There was no reason to throw that dig in there. That's what it was, and you know it.

Nice try...racist.

:D

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
peplaw06;1968951 said:

If you want to be offended, be offended. I'm telling you that you shouldn't be, that it wasn't an insult.

If all you know schools by is what division they play sports in, then it's no wonder you don't know about Clark, black or white.

And if I hadn't heard of a school, I wouldn't go wondering outloud about "such a place existing, or even having a football team".

and stop instigating Masomenos85 ;)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
TheCount;1968972 said:
If all you know schools by is what division they play sports in, then it's no wonder you don't know about Clark, black or white.
That's the most common way I know about most of the smaller schools. And that was exactly my point.

And if I hadn't heard of a school, I wouldn't go wondering outloud about "such a place existing, or even having a football team".
It was in direct response to someone who sounded like they knew a lot about Curtis Johnson. I doubt they show many Clark games on TV. I guess he could have seen him live, and that was what my question was getting at.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TheCount;1965541 said:
If nothing else it suggests that the their vision of the team needs jive with what most of us have been saying, except it doesn't look like they've spoken to any LB's or OL according to this list, two positions I thought we'd look at.

we've got a refugee camp of LB's already and we've drafted (2) last year pretty high overall for OL. i'd like to see a stud OT come to us in the 2nd or 3rd, but unless it's a huge no brainer, no higher than likely 3rd or 4th round. odd coming from me yes, but we need to see what free and others can do before we just keep picking out core pieces.

a lot of WR's and CB's being interviewed. on par with what we're seeing we need.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
lol this thread made me laugh out loud several times.

I'm black and i never heard of Alanta Clark before......er let me stop lmao

honestly after 2morrow my mock will be update and i think it will be the most accurate one 2 date

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Im sad that I dont see Charles on that list. But I would like the Sweed pick alot.

TVMan

Reaction score
“I can’t even remember all of them,” McRae said. “The hardest interview for me to do was the interview with the (Dallas) Cowboys ... They drew up a play for me and told me what the responsibilities of everyone were and what my responsibility was, and I had to spit it back to them, and that was hard to do.”

Kalvin McRae..RB..OHIO

Link

VoR

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jses...0d5d806b4a39&template=with-video&confirm=true

"Vanderbilt (March 21)
Twenty NFL teams were present, including seven offensive line coaches, one wide receivers coach, three linebackers coaches and Panthers general manager Marty Hurney. The players worked out outdoors on FieldTurf."

"» OL Chris Williams (6-6 ¼, 320): Did position drills and kept his numbers from the workout. The Cowboys sent a two-person video crew to tape his workout."

"Tennessee State (March 21)
Fifteen NFL teams were present, including seven defensive back coaches. Six players worked out outdoors on a grass field."

"» CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (6-1 3/8, 182): Had a 37 ½-inch vertical jump, 10-foot 11-inch long jump, 4.14 short shuttle, 6.63 cone drill, ran position drills and kept his combine numbers for everything else. Offered to run the 40, but was told it was not necessary. Dallas sent two people to videotape his workout."

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Mayo to visit Cowboys

4:20 PM Mon, Apr 07, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Fast-rising ILB Jerod Mayo is slated to visit the Cowboys later this month, one of the 30 in-house visits allowed by the league.

Mayo previously visited with the Lions and Browns, according to published reports, and has been inching to the top of the charts at inside linebacker. One thing to remember here with a 3-4 team is that almost every college linebacker projects as an inside linbeacker in that defense, with most 3-4 OLBs converted college ends.

But Mayo's a big different, in that he's a true downhill thumper that's not afraid to take on linemen, which makes him a good fit for a team like Cleveland or Dallas. He also had an outstanding combine, checking in at 6-foot-1, 242 pounds, running a 4.54 40, and registering a 32-inch vertical leap.

We now have 19 of these visits nailed down, and three of them are linebackers, all of whom would play on the inside in Dallas' scheme -- UNLV's Beau Bell, USC's Keith Rivers and Mayo. Follow the jump for the full rundown on Ranch-bound draft prospects. ...

UNLV ILB Beau Bell
Texas A&M TE Martellus Bennett
Virginia Tech OT Duane Brown
Arizona CB Antoine Cason
Texas RB Jamaal Charles
Missouri WR Will Franklin
Virginia Tech CB Brandon Flowers
Iowa CB Charles Godfrey
Indiana WR James Hardy
East Carolina RB Chris Johnson
Arkansas RB Felix Jones
Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly
Tennessee LB Jerod Mayo
Troy CB Leodis McKelvin
Illinois RB Rashard Mendenhall
Indiana CB Tracy Porter
USC LB Keith Rivers
Tennessee State CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
NFL | Atterberry invited to Combine Day
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:02:18 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Lindenwood P Zac Atterberry was invited to the Dallas local Combine Day Friday, April 11.

NFL | Hawthorne invited to Combine Day
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:01:45 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Texas-Christian University LB David Hawthorne has been invited to the Dallas local Combine Day Friday, April 11.

NFL | Whitaker invited to Combine Day
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:59:27 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports University of Baylor RB Brandon Whitaker has been invited to the Dallas local Combine Day Friday, April 11.