Draft rumours and info

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hall is going in round 2. And even if he did miraculously slip to 3 it wont be 81
The various assessments of Hall are all over place lately.

Gil Brandt just ranked him 124th...or late 4th round
Dane Brugler ranks him 88th...or late 3rd round
Walter has him at 95th
But several others have him more in the 55-65 range...or very late 2nd

He's definitely one that'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

JBS

Reaction score
How many sacks did Dak take after Amari came? Yall overrate the hell out of Frederick. Hes a center. Smh who was the Pats/niners/chiefs center? Get real

Center is important man. Looney have up 45 sacks by himself.

DanA

Reaction score
How many sacks did Dak take after Amari came? Yall overrate the hell out of Frederick. Hes a center. Smh who was the Pats/niners/chiefs center? Get real

There's a huge difference.

In the last 8 games of 2018 alone, Dak took 28 of his 56 sacks so there was no change in this stat with Amari or a new O-line coach. In 16 games with Frederick at Centre, Dak took just 23 sacks. It could be Dak getting better at the LOS, Kellen Moore or any number of things but my gut feeling is that Frederick communicating at the LOS played a big part.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
There's a huge difference.

In the last 8 games of 2018 alone, Dak took 28 of his 56 sacks so there was no change in this stat with Amari or a new O-line coach. In 16 games with Frederick at Centre, Dak took just 23 sacks. It could be Dak getting better at the LOS, Kellen Moore or any number of things but my gut feeling is that Frederick communicating at the LOS played a big part.
How many times was Dak sacked in 2017? Its just funny. We didnt lose to the Rams because of no Travis Frederick but whatever. Dallas isnt dumb enough to draft a center round 1 with so much tied into the line as it is. Im not worried

DanA

Reaction score
How many times was Dak sacked in 2017? Its just funny. We didnt lose to the Rams because of no Travis Frederick but whatever. Dallas isnt dumb enough to draft a center round 1 with so much tied into the line as it is. Im not worried

Dallas isn't dumb enough to draft a center 1st round......except they did (Travis Frederick) who a lot were expecting to go late 2nd or 3rd round. Dak did take 32 sacks in 2017 but if you take out the one Chaz Green game at LT where Adrian Clayborn made him his ***** we're looking at mid 20's again. Regardless , even including the Chaz specials, it's still nothing like 56 sacks.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Not a whole lot of rumors in this thread smh. Somebody needs to tweet some dirt..

Beaker42

Reaction score
Going by that graph, Bryce Hall only allows .5% more completions and .6 more yards per target than Okudah. Considering there’s people making threads about trading our entire draft for Okudah, I’m loving more & more the idea of drafting Hall in the 3rd.
Hall won’t be there in the 3rd. He may not even make it to 51.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
If we draft a o-linemen in the first 3 round unless we trade back I will be upset!
2019: Connor McGovern 90th pick
2018: Connor Williams 50th pick
2015: Chaz Green 91st Pick

Tyron, Martin, Fredrick, Collins
All these guys were drafted in the 1st round or had a 1st round grade. Fredrick retired, but all of them take a sizeable contracts and we need to be able evaluate and develop players better. Why do teams all over the NFL have guys on the interior o-line that are playing well drafted in in the 3rd day and we cannot find someone to plug in next to the pro-bowlers.

We have enough invested on the o-line, and we need to develop better and invest elsewhere.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If we draft a o-linemen in the first 3 round unless we trade back I will be upset!

All these guys were drafted in the 1st round or had a 1st round grade. Fredrick retired, but all of them take a sizeable contracts and we need to be able evaluate and develop players better. Why do teams all over the NFL have guys on the interior o-line that are playing well drafted in in the 3rd day and we cannot find someone to plug in next to the pro-bowlers.

We have enough invested on the o-line, and we need to develop better and invest elsewhere.

Talented big men are hard to find, so the good ones always go early. Investing in 4 first round graded guys got us 4 studs, so I'm not seeing a problem with that.

And where are these good 3rd day guys you're looking at? I just checked the depth charts in our division for grins. The Eagles got Jason Kelce in the 6th round in 2011, but every other starter on their OL was a 3rd round pick or higher. The Giants have Will Hernandez as a top 40 pick, Zeitler as a high priced former 1st rounder, and a muppet at center. The Commanders have top 5 pick Brandon Scherff, a terrible 6th round guard, and an OK 6th round center.

The division as a whole has invested pretty decently in interior OL, and there's not a lot of Day 3 starters out there. Half the ones that are starting suck.

Croomraider

Reaction score
That’s what I think it is. Trying to relive the 2013 draft with us trading back. No way he would be BPA at 17. He would be a good option in the 2nd tho.

Yup and Fredrick was a great player but Eric Reid was also dynamic (taken with our pick). I know there's some data out there for draft pick value. However, I still can't believe we traded down 13 picks in the first round for a 3rd round pick. Should have been more. Our safeties are all free agents next year. Cowboys are taking a safety.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I believe we can get Biadazs in the 3rd or 4th rounds depending which draft rating you use. He's one of those big nasty Wisconsin boys I'd trust more than the Michigan kid. Under Harbaugh, Michigan just seems to produce a lot of under achievers.

DanA

Reaction score

What I like about the O-line is with Smith, Martin, Frederick and Collins we invested big once and did it properly. You look at all the screwing around we'd done with the D-line with draft picks, free agency signings etc and we've got a lot less to show for it.

Taco, Lawrence, Hill, Gregory, Crawford, Collins, Tapper and countless free agents haven't exactly got us a stable roster. And it's not like we haven't invested, we just haven't hit with too many. I think we'd be so much better off if we used all our top picks on O-line and D-line with 3rd to 7th round on other positions.