Draft rumours and info

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

I know things have been leaked (draft boards, et cetera) in the past and that we (fans) generally have a good idea of players we’ve zeroed in on (via the media), but this seems way too specific to be legit.

Like who in the War Room has determined “yeah, we’re gonna take Chaisson, but if he’s not there it will be Diggs.”

We’re at pick 17, not #2 or 3. There are so many scenarios that can’t happen to be putting your eggs in one basket.

JBS

Reaction score
I know things have been leaked (draft boards, et cetera) in the past and that we (fans) generally have a good idea of players we’ve zeroed in on (via the media), but this seems way too specific to be legit.

Like who in the War Room has determined “yeah, we’re gonna take Chaisson, but if he’s not there it will be Diggs.”

We’re at pick 17, not #2 or 3. There are so many scenarios that can’t happen to be putting your eggs in one basket.

That guy is also a clown. So don't mind him

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which means they have learned nothing from their past mistakes. Hoping this is more speculation than fact.

Diggs turns his head and is very good at playing the ball in the air.

That alone should make him a Cowboys fan favorite because it has a constant complaint by Cowboys fans for the past decade.

Henderson is the opposite of Diggs. Henderson is a terrific athlete but this quote by a draft analyst describes Henderson's weakness in coverage which his Diggs best attribute:

Henderson often does everything right for the first 90% of the play with coordinated movements to blanket routes, but his catch point skills are immature, leading to early contact and inconsistent plays on the ball. While he has a quick trigger to drive on plays in front of him, his break down and finishing skills are not currently strengths to his game.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

That alone should make him a Cowboys fan favorite because it has a constant complaint by Cowboys fans for the past decade.

Henderson is the opposite of Diggs. Henderson is a terrific athlete but this quote by a draft analyst describes Henderson's weakness in coverage which his Diggs best attribute:

Henderson often does everything right for the first 90% of the play with coordinated movements to blanket routes, but his catch point skills are immature, leading to early contact and inconsistent plays on the ball. While he has a quick trigger to drive on plays in front of him, his break down and finishing skills are not currently strengths to his game.
What game did Diggs prove anything to you? Against what qb/wr? Or was all of his plays against Louisiana Lafayette

morasp

Reaction score
The various assessments of Hall are all over place lately.

Gil Brandt just ranked him 124th...or late 4th round
Dane Brugler ranks him 88th...or late 3rd round
Walter has him at 95th
But several others have him more in the 55-65 range...or very late 2nd

He's definitely one that'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

morasp

Reaction score
Diggs would be a starter in year one or two but could need a safety over the top.

Overview
Talented prospect with rare combination of size, strength and ball skills. As a former receiver, Diggs has an instinctive feel for his opponent's plans and uses his size and athleticism to disrupt the blueprint when possible. The foot agility and short-area burst are good for his size and helped keep completion totals low. He's inconsistent staying in phase with downfield routes and long speed is his kryptonite, causing grabbing and holding when panic sets in. He's a future starting press-man corner with the hands and ball tracking to take it away and should benefit from more help over the top as a pro. Future consideration at free safety is possible considering his size and skill set.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Diggs gave up 130 yards receiving the entire season outside of the lsu game..so put any game on
The only nfl caliber player bama played was brian edwards from South Carolina. 9 catches 79 yards. Everybody else was typical bama bully ball but get fooled if you want

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Will McClay and the Cowboy Front Office likes long, athletic CB's. Diggs fits their profile for the position. Although, still raw, Diggs has the upside to eventually become a high-end starter at the position. Not sure if he's worth the value at 17, but wouldn't hate the pick if they traded down a few spots.

JBS

Reaction score
The only nfl caliber player bama played was brian edwards from South Carolina. 9 catches 79 yards. Everybody else was typical bama bully ball but get fooled if you want

Auburn has some decent receivers..so does Michigan..not elite level players..but nfl caliber

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Auburn has some decent receivers..so does Michigan..not elite level players..but nfl caliber
Ive never seen Diggs battle. Thats why its funny some reports say hes mentally weak. He doesnt play with corner confidence. Im done discussing him. When he gets here I know what he'll be year 1. Can he develop after year 1? Sure. Hes not starting this year and if he does hes going to get torched

JBS

Reaction score
Ive never seen Diggs battle. Thats why its funny some reports say hes mentally weak. He doesnt play with corner confidence. Im done discussing him. When he gets here I know what he'll be year 1. Can he develop after year 1? Sure. Hes not starting this year and if he does hes going to get torched

I'm not suggesting I want him. Surely not at 17. You sound convinced he's coming. I don't disagree w you on that

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting I want him. Surely not at 17. You sound convinced he's coming. I don't disagree w you on that
Im saying wed be foolish to take him and think hes starting day 1. And at 17 you should be getting a day 1 starter. If we still had Byron then drafting Diggs would actually make more sense.