Draft rumours and info

cowboyec

Reaction score
down with YGM in a trade down but not sure if he is an ideal
RDE candidate.
i like the cat.
love his size.
in the handful of penn st games i watched this past season...he was very active...always in the QBs face.
he is also solid vs the run...not just a pass rush guy.
solid player...id be good with him as a ☆.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
So Bleacher report is saying via Ed Werder the Cowboys are considering drafting a QB in round 2 or 3. Let's set aside our skepticism for a minute and indulge this theory. At that point it seems it could only be Jalen Hurts in my mind. I dont think Love slips that far. Any other ideas?
The article didn’t say in 2 or 3, but “as early as 2 or 3.” That simply means if a highly rated guy fell, they would consider it. Maybe Jalen Hurts, but I’m thinking we will grab a CB and DL/LB before considering QB or WR.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No way can you count on Smith AND Gregory. Maybe one.

Even so, you never have enough rushers, and some of those guys can kick inside in certain packages.

Theres no good argument against Chaisson at 17 at this point, except if he was taken already.

Well...one of the 3WR. Doesnt seem like Kinlaw is even on their board.

Gaede

Reaction score
This talk of Terrell at 17 and a backup QB and backup TE on Friday is seriously depressing me.

That would probably be one of the worst combos for me. I like Asiasi just fine. But is he a third rounder? He comes in and backs up Jarwin. Terrell I am just not overly fond of.

And drafting a backup QB anytime on Thursday or Friday is horrible. It's like drafting a backup K in round 5-stupid.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I could talk myself into AJ Terrell if they take him at 17, even though there's about 7 other options I'd prefer.

The LSU game was baaad. But he won some reps vs. Chase as well. He also got torched on a double move vs. UNC. But besides a handful of plays, he was mostly solid when targeted. He was stingy vs. Ohio State in the redzone.

fivetwos

Reaction score
That would probably be one of the worst combos for me. I like Asiasi just fine. But is he a third rounder? He comes in and backs up Jarwin. Terrell I am just not overly fond of.

And drafting a backup QB anytime on Thursday or Friday is horrible. It's like drafting a backup K in round 5-stupid.
I always preach BPA so I should shut it, but QBs are different animals.

Besides, I see absolutely no scenario where Hurts is BPA at 51 anyway.

Same with Terrell at 17, but we dont make their board.

I want a TE, but on Saturday, and even then I'd prefer if a deal down prior took place.

This defense has the serious potential to be really really bad if this unfolds this way.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
No way can you count on Smith AND Gregory. Maybe one.

Even so, you never have enough rushers, and some of those guys can kick inside in certain packages.

Theres no good argument against Chaisson at 17 at this point, except if he was taken already.

Well...one of the 3WR. Doesnt seem like Kinlaw is even on their board.

Pass rusher is a MUST HAVE. I’m moving up if that’s what it takes to get Chaisson.