draftdaddy says....

Sandman

Reaction score
22. Dallas Cowboys - DE Quentin Moses, Georgia

The Boys could take Moses and stand him up at linebacker. Still elite lateral quickness, despite senior campaign.
==

Do it and do it NOW!
:star:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
If we are taking a guy to play OLB then we have to move Carp inside to take over Jame's spot.

Otherwise we need a 3-4 DE who can get pressure.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Sandman;1316101 said:
22. Dallas Cowboys - DE Quentin Moses, Georgia

The Boys could take Moses and stand him up at linebacker. Still elite lateral quickness, despite senior campaign.
==

Do it and do it NOW!
:star:
Carpenter is the real deal now, no need.
A better 3-4 DE for the rotation and to challenge Spears and Canty to play harder is a good fit.

An inside LB would be good as well.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If we take a LB or a DE after resigning James, getting Adele if FA, and drafting Ware and Carpenter with #1's and Burnett with a first day selection, along with Spears #1, Canty #4, and Hatcher #3, I'll just :puke: :bang2:

No way....we can't get into the same decade search we used to find a DE for the 4-3, wasting picks instead of developing and guy and using him and surrounding him with other great players.

We need to draft offense this year on day 1....OL, WR, and RB....only FA signings can change that scenerio, and even then the only defensive position I want drafted on day 1 is CB.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You can draft the best corner back in the history of corners, and if you can't get pressure on the QB, eventually the receiver will get loose.

I don't care if we have to draft a pass rusher from now until 2050, until we find 2 great one's, the search is on.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I agree with you wayne. We have a good young QB giving him every opportunity to succeed should be our priority. How many resources can we continue to tie up in our quest to upgrade the front 7? What happens if T.O. goes off the reservation or Terry Glenn's degenerative knee condition rears its ugly head? Neither things happening should shock anyone. Is anyone prepared to watch Sam Hurd and Crayton be our number one and two WRs next year? That scares no one and will ensure eight men in the box, multiple blitzes and a doomed season.

sago1

Reaction score
If Cowboys do indeed move Henry to FS thus giving Watkins time to develop, then we'll need a top notch CB with good enough skills to essentially start--and he'll have to be tough cause he'll see a lot of passes thrown his way--not toward Newman.

So I'm thinking on Day 1 we might go CB/OL/WR on Day 1. Hopefully Cowboys sign one of the 2 top OGs pro bowl FAs who can immediately start/improve our OL; there also 1-2 other FA OG sleepers who could also interest the FO. If McQuistan is indeed any good & has capability start soon, it possible we won't draft OL player first day but maybe in 4th round. That would enable us pick up CB in first round & WR/OL in next 2 rounds unless we also fill one of these positions in FA.

Frankly I'd rather pick up a good RB in FA. I think MBIII is good but need more from Jones & think Tyler Thompson must show a lot this year to make the team since Miles Austin doing a good job at returning kicks.

Important Proposed FA signings: OG, RB, pass rusher (unless Cowboys envisioned Ellis as situation pass rusher only at from either DE positions and/or from OLB position while Carpenter is the starting OLB opposite Ware). Don't know which position Hatcher will be playing but he also a factor and maybe Burnett as well since it's a new year and Parcells probably more likely utilize Burnett differently this year from last year. Of course this situation murky cause we don't know how well Ellis will recover and the timeframe.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
smarta5150;1316102 said:
If we are taking a guy to play OLB then we have to move Carp inside to take over Jame's spot.

Otherwise we need a 3-4 DE who can get pressure.

I think we already have a 3-4 DE who can get pressure. Problem is we don't have depth at NG so he has to help out at that position too.

If we had a better back up NG, we could move Ratliff to DE fulltime. I think he can be that DE that can get pressure out of the 3-4. I'd like to see him get a shot at one of the starting end spots.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Natedawg44;1316121 said:
I agree with you wayne. We have a good young QB giving him every opportunity to succeed should be our priority. How many resources can we continue to tie up in our quest to upgrade the front 7? What happens if T.O. goes off the reservation or Terry Glenn's degenerative knee condition rears its ugly head? Neither things happening should shock anyone. Is anyone prepared to watch Sam Hurd and Crayton be our number one and two WRs next year? That scares no one and will ensure eight men in the box, multiple blitzes and a doomed season.
I've watched this team carefully since BP entered the room and this is what I've come to realize.

On offense, we can move the ball at ease when we play teams that don't have a great defensive front 7. Take a good look at our receiving core for a second.
Owens -- Glenn -- Witten -- Crayton -- Jones out the backfield, this looks like the best receiving core around. Jones, when he breaks though the first wave of players, he's basically gone. So why is it we can't move the ball with this offensive unit? "OFFENSIVE LINE"
The patriots went up against a defensive unit that had over 60 sacks, and they rarely even got close to Brady. Had Brady had our receiving core and our runner, I would think they would've scored over 5 TD passes and run up who knows how many yards, because their front line was dominant.

On the other side of the ball. I know we can go out and get a corner, but we have Pro-bowl style Newman/ 9 int Henry/ Aaron Glenn/ The great Roy Williams, that sounds like an untouchable secondary. When they first rolled this unit out last year, we thought this would be the best secondary in the history of football. So what's the problem, "PASS RUSH"
We have none - We can keep bringing in CB after CB/ Safety after Safety/ we can draft a hundred line backers, but if we don't get a consistant pass rusher opposite Ware, forget about the super bowl, just forget about it.

I don't know if Carpenter can be a guy that disrupts the backfield, we shall see. But until we find out, we need to go ahead and try and find one.

Are we all comfortable with Ellis rushing the passer. Tell me when has Ellis dominated even 1 game through-out his career? I can't recall 1.
I saw good things from Hatcher, but again, are you going to gamble that he may be dominant? I saw some good things from Glymph, he was actually a guy I thought had greatness at putting pressure on the QB, but Parcells didn't seem to keep him in the game against Detroit, so who knows?

What about Flozell Adams? I know about the contract and all of that, but let's not forget the ton of games where he went up against fast quick ends, and was basically dominated. Is this what you want protecting Romo?

How about Kosier? Now don't get me wrong, I like Krosier, but don't try and add suger to water, and call it lemonade. The guy is a second stringer, a tweener of sorts, let's go out and get a full time power guy with speed - and don't let me get started on Rivera... This guy is finished, we need to replace him, I don't even need to explain that one.

So IMO, we need 2 guards/ 1 tackle or try Columbo at LT and move McQuistan to RT - 1 young WR to be groomed behind the big 3 -

On Defense, we need a 1st class DE/OLBing pass rusher - CB to be groomed behind Glenn and Newman -- backup NT.

Then you can add to that as you need. We can get some from Free Agency and the rest from the Draft. Even a trade will do, but it's got to happen now, or we'll keep on making excuses year after year. Let's just do it now, and we'll feel so much better about it a year from now.

Woods

Reaction score
I think somewhere in Day 1 we need to pick up a WR to groom behind TO and Glenn.

I'd prefer a fast, shifty WR more in the Glenn mold as we already have several tall, lanky types (Hurd, Austin).

As for the OL, I'd prefer to pick up a Guard in FA. We we re-sign Gurode and Colombo, our starting 5 should be o.k. We can add another OL Day 1 or early Day 2. Also, for depth, I'm hoping Whitely (sp?) will be able to contribute.

That leaves CB (assuming Henry moves to FS) and a pass rusher to complement Ware. Plus, we need a NT to rotate with Fergy.

I think we have to either pick up a CB or pass rusher in FA. We can't do everything in the Draft.

If we can pick up a Guard and either a CB or pass rushing LB in FA, we should be o.k. come the Draft.

Typically, we pick up more than 2 players in FA anyway . . . . Oh, we'll need a veteran QB once we replace Bledsoe.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Clove;1316127 said:
The patriots went up against a defensive unit that had over 60 sacks, and they rarely even got close to Brady. Had Brady had our receiving core and our runner, I would think they would've scored over 5 TD passes and run up who knows how many yards, because their front line was dominant.
You think the Patriots would rather have our running backs?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I would totally dig it if we were able to draft Moses at 22, that could turn into a steal IMO, but alas, I think Moses has a heck of a combine and goes top 15

VACowboy

Reaction score
I don't care if we come out of the draft with 7 lineman, O and D.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I truly hate this time of year, so many prospects I want us to take in the 1st round, happens every year

I'm torn between Jarvis Moss, Darrell Revis, Marcus McCauley, Sidney Rice, Quentin Moses might slip, heck, even though I'm against it, Nelson and Michael Griffin are looking pretty good, Daymeion Hughes, Ted Ginn Jr. if he slips

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Quentin Moses' problem is he has issues with the run. He isn't big enough at 245ish and he has problems getting low enough to get leverage against the run. At the very least, he would need to add 20+ pounds just to complete in the NFL in a 3-4 defense. He could play in a 4-3 with maybe 15 pounds since he would have more LB help, but he would still have to be able to consume an offensive linemen so the LBers could make the tackle.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Clove;1316127 said:
I've watched this team carefully since BP entered the room and this is what I've come to realize.

On offense, we can move the ball at ease when we play teams that don't have a great defensive front 7. Take a good look at our receiving core for a second.
Owens -- Glenn -- Witten -- Crayton -- Jones out the backfield, this looks like the best receiving core around. Jones, when he breaks though the first wave of players, he's basically gone. So why is it we can't move the ball with this offensive unit? "OFFENSIVE LINE"

On the other side of the ball. I know we can go out and get a corner, but we have Pro-bowl style Newman/ 9 int Henry/ Aaron Glenn/ The great Roy Williams, that sounds like an untouchable secondary. When they first rolled this unit out last year, we thought this would be the best secondary in the history of football. So what's the problem, "PASS RUSH"
We have none - We can keep bringing in CB after CB/ Safety after Safety/ we can draft a hundred line backers, but if we don't get a consistant pass rusher opposite Ware, forget about the super bowl, just forget about it.

I don't know if Carpenter can be a guy that disrupts the backfield, we shall see. But until we find out, we need to go ahead and try and find one.

Are we all comfortable with Ellis rushing the passer. Tell me when has Ellis dominated even 1 game through-out his career? I can't recall 1.
I saw good things from Hatcher, but again, are you going to gamble that he may be dominant? I saw some good things from Glymph, he was actually a guy I thought had greatness at putting pressure on the QB, but Parcells didn't seem to keep him in the game against Detroit, so who knows?

What about Flozell Adams? I know about the contract and all of that, but let's not forget the ton of games where he went up against fast quick ends, and was basically dominated. Is this what you want protecting Romo?

How about Kosier? Now don't get me wrong, I like Krosier, but don't try and add suger to water, and call it lemonade. The guy is a second stringer, a tweener of sorts, let's go out and get a full time power guy with speed - and don't let me get started on Rivera... This guy is finished, we need to replace him, I don't even need to explain that one.

So IMO, we need 2 guards/ 1 tackle or try Columbo at LT and move McQuistan to RT - 1 young WR to be groomed behind the big 3 -

On Defense, we need a 1st class DE/OLBing pass rusher - CB to be groomed behind Glenn and Newman -- backup NT.

Then you can add to that as you need. We can get some from Free Agency and the rest from the Draft. Even a trade will do, but it's got to happen now, or we'll keep on making excuses year after year. Let's just do it now, and we'll feel so much better about it a year from now.

AMEN BROTHER!!!

marchetta

Reaction score
Quentin Moses DE Georgia

STRENGTH
Quentin has good size for his position. He shows a good burst off the line to go along with some excellent overall talent to cause LT’s big problems when he rushers the passer. He has those nice long legs and arms that make it easier for a pass rusher to cover ground in one or two steps and be in the QB’s face without much effort. Quentin has the athletic talent to impact at the next level.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE
Well, he may have the athletic talent to impact, but he sure as hell does not have the heart, mental strength, physical strength or need to impact at the next level. Other than those issues, I guess he's not that bad!

TALENT BOARD ROUND: 4
This kid reminds me of Eric Flowers! Who?! Yeah, that’s right, Eric Flowers. Now we all remember Eric Flowers right? The Buffalo Bills in the first round of the 2000 draft selected him. He was the 26th pick of that draft. Quentin plays the same uninspired way. He has decent talent, but his body does not look like he can gain much bulk and he is weak against the run even now at the college level. I’m not sure Quentin really wants to play at the next level. I’m sure he wants the money, but I don’t think he wants the pain. It’s a shame to see a kid with this much talent not produce in his last year. I have not heard about any injuries or any other issues that might be used as an excuse for his poor play, but to be honest, it wouldn't matter -– he just doesn’t have it! If Quentin changes his ways, he might become a good situational pass rusher, but I just don’t think that he will ever be that good against the run.

- Drew Boylhart (thehuddlereport.com)

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
VACowboy;1316231 said:
I don't care if we come out of the draft with 7 lineman, O and D.

as crazy as it sounds,I would not have a problem with it...specially OL.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
marchetta;1316404 said:
Quentin Moses DE Georgia

STRENGTH
Quentin has good size for his position. He shows a good burst off the line to go along with some excellent overall talent to cause LT’s big problems when he rushers the passer. He has those nice long legs and arms that make it easier for a pass rusher to cover ground in one or two steps and be in the QB’s face without much effort. Quentin has the athletic talent to impact at the next level.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE
Well, he may have the athletic talent to impact, but he sure as hell does not have the heart, mental strength, physical strength or need to impact at the next level. Other than those issues, I guess he's not that bad!

TALENT BOARD ROUND: 4
This kid reminds me of Eric Flowers! Who?! Yeah, that’s right, Eric Flowers. Now we all remember Eric Flowers right? The Buffalo Bills in the first round of the 2000 draft selected him. He was the 26th pick of that draft. Quentin plays the same uninspired way. He has decent talent, but his body does not look like he can gain much bulk and he is weak against the run even now at the college level. I’m not sure Quentin really wants to play at the next level. I’m sure he wants the money, but I don’t think he wants the pain. It’s a shame to see a kid with this much talent not produce in his last year. I have not heard about any injuries or any other issues that might be used as an excuse for his poor play, but to be honest, it wouldn't matter -– he just doesn’t have it! If Quentin changes his ways, he might become a good situational pass rusher, but I just don’t think that he will ever be that good against the run.

- Drew Boylhart (thehuddlereport.com)

Avoid at all costs.