Drama Sells

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry, MM, Dak, all of them can say whatever they want to the media. They can tell us every day that Dak will be ready for Week 1.

BUT, every day that goes by that Dak is not a full participant in practice proves their words to be empty. They can't hide the severity of the injury behind their words when cameras are everywhere at practice.

You just have to read between the lines and know that actions always speak louder than words.

plymkr

Reaction score
Storylines. Drama. It’s what every good show on television has. Hard knocks is no different. The Dak injury gives them a storyline, and the drama is created. I say his shoulder is a non issue. But it makes for compelling television.
And journalists and talking heads. Clicks equals money and it's mostly sensationalism for click bait. He'll be good to go week 1.

Jipper

Reaction score
Storylines. Drama. It’s what every good show on television has. Hard knocks is no different. The Dak injury gives them a storyline, and the drama is created. I say his shoulder is a non issue. But it makes for compelling television.

You may say his shoulder is a non issue....but his non participation in practice says otherwise...at some point we all have to realize the reason he's not practicing is bc he is injured

NotForLong

Reaction score
Jerry, MM, Dak, all of them can say whatever they want to the media. They can tell us every day that Dak will be ready for Week 1.

BUT, every day that goes by that Dak is not a full participant in practice proves their words to be empty. They can't hide the severity of the injury behind their words when cameras are everywhere at practice.

You just have to read between the lines and know that actions always speak louder than words.
If you had to . . . what would you predict?

Does He miss time? . . . will it Be a Lingering Injury?

What could be the Advantage of not getting Him some action in preseason?

If Dak is too injured now to get reps in practice and preseason How good will he be to the team come week 1 . . If He does come back week 1 will he risk further injury to whatever he is nursing?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I am not buying. I have not seen one second of Hard Knocks.
I honestly don't give a rat's rear end about Dak's shoulder.
I don't care if Dak plays or doesn't play. If Dak plays, fine. I hope he does well. If Dak doesn't play, so be it and I will watch who is out there and enjoy the game.

Back in Feb/Mar/Apr, I thought Dak's leg would not heal as good and as fast as it seems to have healed. I have no idea what goes on with player injuries, especially Cowboy players. Heard enough of the 'day to day' diagnoses.

I felt the same way about Tyron and Collins last year. Whatever. I'll had fun cheering for the new young players giving it their all.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If you had to . . . what would you predict?

Does He miss time? . . . will it Be a Lingering Injury?

What could be the Advantage of not getting Him some action in preseason?

If Dak is too injured now to get reps in practice and preseason How good will he be to the team come week 1 . . If He does come back week 1 will he risk further injury to whatever he is nursing?
I think he plays hurt.

It might have an impact and it might not, but to act like all the news that comes out about it is fake is just foolish.

I think a lot of the die hard Dak guys are super nervous and they don't hide it very well by discrediting every single thing that comes out about.

They aren't objective at all. They want the media to be as biased as their opinions, and if they're not then they're "just saying things for clicks".

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I say none of us knows whether the shoulder will be an issue or not, but most people don't get MRIs to create a storyline.

"Send Dak for an MRI and have him stop throwing. We need ratings." :rolleyes:

Jipper

Reaction score
I don't care if Dak plays or doesn't play. If Dak plays, fine. I hope he does well. If Dak doesn't play, so be it and I will watch who is out there and enjoy the game.

Back in Feb/Mar/Apr, I thought Dak's leg would not heal as good and as fast as it seems to have healed. I have no idea what goes on with player injuries, especially Cowboy players. Heard enough of the 'day to day' diagnoses.

I felt the same way about Tyron and Collins last year. Whatever. I'll had fun cheering for the new young players giving it their all.

hey i like the thought of cheering for the name on the front of the jersey not the one on the back...but lets be real ninja, if dak isn't playing then with the current backup situation were looking at a 6 win team tops (on paper at least).

This is a qb driven league and we dont yet have a defense to compensate for a lack of a good qb.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
So true!

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I mean he’s not practicing or playing so? There’s definitely something seriously wrong.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Yes— actions, including what actions are not being taken are relevant.

I find it relevant that the team has made zero moves in regards to a backup QB. If they are indeed hiding a serious injury to QB1– why would they not bring in a vet QB to helm the team should Dak miss significant time?

Makes no sense. Ergo— Dak does not have a significant injury and they don’t expect him to miss significant time. The simplest explanation is usually correct— the team holding him out means two things:

1. Maximize time for Dak to heal and avoid unnecessary risk and possibly reinjury

2. Unlike fans— the team does not value snaps for starters during the preseason, but instead are choosing to minimize risk to key players

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
hey i like the thought of cheering for the name on the front of the jersey not the one on the back...but lets be real ninja, if dak isn't playing then with the current backup situation were looking at a 6 win team tops (on paper at least).

This is a qb driven league and we dont yet have a defense to compensate for a lack of a good qb.

I am not losing any sleep or worrying about the team going 6-11 with backup QBs vs maybe going 9-8/10-7 or whatever with Dak.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Fair enough but I do find it odd that a radio host was reporting this back in February.

Regardless.. If there really is meat to this story and Dallas still caved to his every demand the this team is more poorly managed than I could ever imagine.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think he plays hurt.

It might have an impact and it might not, but to act like all the news that comes out about it is fake is just foolish.

I think a lot of the die hard Dak guys are super nervous and they don't hide it very well by discrediting every single thing that comes out about.

They aren't objective at all. They want the media to be as biased as their opinions, and if they're not then they're "just saying things for clicks".
His last practice he threw 3 or more interceptions . . . I don't see how this is gonna end well for him . . . He never had good mechanics He has always been all arm . . .

If he struggles . . . Will He still be afforded the "Benefit of the Doubt" with this built in excuse or will He finally take the heat from the Loyalists?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Fair enough but I do find it odd that a radio host was reporting this back in February.

Regardless.. If there really is meat to this story and Dallas still caved to his every demand the this team is more poorly managed than I could ever imagine.

What:omg:

Jipper

Reaction score
I am not losing any sleep or worrying about the team going 6-11 with backup QBs vs maybe going 9-8/10-7 or whatever with Dak.

fair enough, and i wont be losing any sleep either way...have much better things to spend emotional energy on...although i would much rather prefer to see a playoff caliber team for entertainment purposes vs a team with a scrub backup qb that is very frustrating.

NotForLong

Reaction score

:hammer:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
His last practice he threw 3 or more interceptions . . . I don't see how this is gonna end well for him . . . He never had good mechanics He has always been all arm . . .

If he struggles . . . Will He still be afforded the "Benefit of the Doubt" with this built in excuse or will He finally take the heat from the Loyalists?
He's not done a thing in 5 years to deserve any benefit of the doubt. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if he'd earned that, but he's not.

He'll still get it from the die hards though, but that's mostly because their dug in too deep to ever change their minds.