Drama Sells

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His last practice he threw 3 or more interceptions . . . I don't see how this is gonna end well for him . . . He never had good mechanics He has always been all arm . . .

If he struggles . . . Will He still be afforded the "Benefit of the Doubt" with this built in excuse or will He finally take the heat from the Loyalists?

666 And they laughed......you ain't seen nothing yet more pain and sorrow on its way!!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Totally different injuries and recoveries. Totally different physical requirements for the positions they play as well.

Jaylon’s injury was much worse as it involved nerve damage. His was potentially career threatening, Dak’s while gruesome and nasty— never entered that category.

Also— even if Dak lost some mobility— that would be less of a liability for a QB whereas speed and agility are essential traits for a LB.

Except Dak isn’t the greatest thrower of the football and needs all the mobility he can get to have the most impact.

He’s an average arm talent.

I’ll say this about Dak though. He’s a stud……Human……

NotForLong

Reaction score
666 And they laughed......you ain't seen nothing yet more pain and sorrow on its way!!!!
Just more of the same until he is gone . . . Only thing that could bring pain is if he gets Lamb killed on one of his off target throws. . . because Lamb goes all out on every target . . . I pray it doesn't end in a serious injury for our Franchise Player #88

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just more of the same until he is gone . . . Only thing that could bring pain is if he gets Lamb killed on one of his off target throws. . . because Lamb goes all out on every target . . . I pray it doesn't end in a serious injury for our Franchise Player #88
Yep very true.....unfortunately

MikeB80

Reaction score
Hard knocks barely played it up with anything more than facts.

also the two episodes have been incredibly boring and anything but compelling.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Except Dak isn’t the greatest thrower of the football and needs all the mobility he can get to have the most impact.

He’s an average arm talent.

I’ll say this about Dak though. He’s a stud……Human……

He looks good in terms of mobility on all the reps I have seen from TC and HK.

If anything, Dak has overworked himself in his recovery process. If there is a longterm issue with his shoulder or ankle— game action will reveal it and we can hit the panic button then.

Until that happens— I just see a team protecting its $40 million per year asset.

erod

Reaction score
How is pointing out that a guy isn't practicing or playing in preseason games creating drama?

Overall, this seems like the least drama of any hard knocks to date.

There's going to be a ton of drama this year if Dak doesn't play out of this world. That's what a $40 million per year contract does.

$40 million means you're an elite quarterback and you can carry the team on your back.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His shoulder is fine. He has a back lateral muscle strain. And that strain affects his throwing motion.

Most of you have had some kind of muscle strain from overuse. Ice it, give it rest and it's fine usually within 1 to 4 weeks depending on the severity.

Saying that he has a shoulder injury is false by itself. Any story that starts off with "Dak's shoulder injury....", is a way to create drama where there isn't any and guess who wins? It isn't you.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Hard knocks barely played it up with anything more than facts.

also the two episodes have been incredibly boring and anything but compelling.
But you watched it to see if anything was going to be said.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of that Bigfoot episode I watched late one night and it totally freaked me out..

MikeB80

Reaction score
But you watched it to see if anything was going to be said.

No I watched it just out of habit because I have watched hard knocks every year It has been on. I am long past the nonsense with this team or any team really.

conner01

Reaction score
Jerry, MM, Dak, all of them can say whatever they want to the media. They can tell us every day that Dak will be ready for Week 1.

BUT, every day that goes by that Dak is not a full participant in practice proves their words to be empty. They can't hide the severity of the injury behind their words when cameras are everywhere at practice.

You just have to read between the lines and know that actions always speak louder than words.
I believe if they didn’t believe Dak was gonna be fine we would have seen a vet brought in already

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
To dismiss the thought that this doesn’t make for compelling television with America’s team would be Naïve

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You may say his shoulder is a non issue....but his non participation in practice says otherwise...at some point we all have to realize the reason he's not practicing is bc he is injured

So if he was healthy and not playing; what would be the conversation?

Jipper

Reaction score
So if he was healthy and not playing; what would be the conversation?

Totally different bc healthy and not playing implies he is practicing but being held out of preseason games to prevent unnecessary risk

Not playing in preseason is one thing

Not being able to practice is something totally different

He's not practicing...hence the concern

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Totally different bc healthy and not playing implies he is practicing but being held out of preseason games to prevent unnecessary risk

Not playing in preseason is one thing

Not being able to practice is something totally different

He's not practicing...hence the concern

He will be fine.

Jipper

Reaction score
He will be fine.

again I keep reading fans on here that have zero intel outside of what they read saying this

If dak isn’t practicing then there is something wrong, and we are 19 days out from him needing to go at 100 percent

I hope he is fine but continuing to say “he will be fine” is just not going to cut it when logic says a qb not practicing is injured.

not saying the sky is falling but if he can’t full go by 10 days out from Tampa then there is a massive issue and we’re in trouble…that’s 9 days from now

Steve007

Reaction score
Yes— actions, including what actions are not being taken are relevant.

I find it relevant that the team has made zero moves in regards to a backup QB. If they are indeed hiding a serious injury to QB1– why would they not bring in a vet QB to helm the team should Dak miss significant time?

Makes no sense. Ergo— Dak does not have a significant injury and they don’t expect him to miss significant time. The simplest explanation is usually correct— the team holding him out means two things:

1. Maximize time for Dak to heal and avoid unnecessary risk and possibly reinjury

2. Unlike fans— the team does not value snaps for starters during the preseason, but instead are choosing to minimize risk to key players
You are thinking that the actions of a good GM would indicate there must not be a problem with Dak, but your talking about Jerry Jones.