Drama Sells

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
You are thinking that the actions of a good GM would indicate there must not be a problem with Dak, but your talking about Jerry Jones.

He was interviewed last night and said if this was a eg season game, Dak would have been fine to play. The prescription for the muscle strain was rest— so JJ said they’d “double rest” Dak in that case.

Fans may not like the way the staff are limiting Dak’s reps this preseason— but IMO, he is going to need 5-6 games to get back to where he was before the injury occurred last year.

Better to let him 100% recover and ramp him up in the season…. I think he will be getting most of the practice reps starting next week. We are going to need Zeke to be featured a lot early in the season, and the D is going to need to be solid while Dak rounds back into form

If we can start out 3-3 or better— and stay healthy— this team will start to peak down the stretch. If we are under .500 after 6 games, I can see the guys losing a ton of confidence and riding the struggle bus in 2021

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
again I keep reading fans on here that have zero intel outside of what they read saying this

If dak isn’t practicing then there is something wrong, and we are 19 days out from him needing to go at 100 percent

I hope he is fine but continuing to say “he will be fine” is just not going to cut it when logic says a qb not practicing is injured.

not saying the sky is falling but if he can’t full go by 10 days out from Tampa then there is a massive issue and we’re in trouble…that’s 9 days from now

He will be fine. I hope the same for you.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm just fine thank you....but if dak doesn't practice over the next 2 weeks then he likely isnt....here's hoping he is throwing at full very soon

I am more worried about play calling, coaching and heart of players. Dak is low on my concern meter, as far as health goes. But I understand your concerns about his throwing, timing and accuracy.

Jipper

Reaction score
I am more worried about play calling, coaching and heart of players. Dak is low on my concern meter, as far as health goes. But I understand your concerns about his throwing, timing and accuracy.

Agree on all, I wonder how long it's going to take for them to align on timing once he returns to practice.. just hope our defense is improved enough to keep us in games for the first part of yhe season

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree on all, I wonder how long it's going to take for them to align on timing once he returns to practice.. just hope our defense is improved enough to keep us in games for the first part of yhe season

Most us are hoping on that one. Never can tell with the culture surrounding the team.

Jipper

Reaction score
Most us are hoping on that one. Never can tell with the culture surrounding the team.

thats the truth isn’t it? What a pleasure it would be to have confidence that the team can get off the field on a third down…or have a high likelihood of winning win the team scores in the 20s instead of the 30s

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Storylines. Drama. It’s what every good show on television has. Hard knocks is no different. The Dak injury gives them a storyline, and the drama is created. I say his shoulder is a non issue. But it makes for compelling television.
Shoulders a non issue lol. Guy hasn’t thrown a football past 20 yards in 3 weeks and it’s a non issue. Lol!!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Storylines. Drama. It’s what every good show on television has. Hard knocks is no different. The Dak injury gives them a storyline, and the drama is created. I say his shoulder is a non issue. But it makes for compelling television.
The problem isn't Hard Knocks. The problem is mixed, inconsistent or mysterious messages from the team. Dak has been out most of a year. Rehabbing a leg (horrifying injury!) instead of preparing for football. "limited practices" because of an "insignificant injury".

But "hey...ya'll haters if you have some doubts and concerns".

While of course some caution is always employed with the couple superstar players ...this seems like TOO much caution. There is a usual "step up" missing from Dak's return. This won't be a gradual "ramp up" and we're throwing him to the super bowl champs that won it with a very good defense.

But "don't worry everything is fine and according to the plan". Hmmm...well okay sure then. o_O

Techsass

Reaction score
You may say his shoulder is a non issue....but his non participation in practice says otherwise...at some point we all have to realize the reason he's not practicing is bc he is injured
I say none of us knows whether the shoulder will be an issue or not, but most people don't get MRIs to create a storyline.

"Send Dak for an MRI and have him stop throwing. We need ratings." :rolleyes:
I thought the MRI came out negative & the baseball guru guys said rest was the best thing for Dak.

Jipper

Reaction score
I thought the MRI came out negative & the baseball guru guys said rest was the best thing for Dak.

Who knows man, too many conflicting reports by so called insiders....proof will be when they start week one prep if he is a full go in practice.

If he is then all is fine, if he isn't then we will know at that point that there is a legit issue....here's hoping all is good and we see him practicing in about 8 days

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just fine thank you....but if dak doesn't practice over the next 2 weeks then he likely isnt....here's hoping he is throwing at full very soon
Two weeks to regular season and he is not only being held back from a series of preseason...but practice?

And we're expecting "100% for Tampa"?

That does not compute.

Techsass

Reaction score
Who knows man, too many conflicting reports by so called insiders....proof will be when they start week one prep if he is a full go in practice.

If he is then all is fine, if he isn't then we will know at that point that there is a legit issue....here's hoping all is good and we see him practicing in about 8 days
Sad that our knee-jerk reaction is to automatically doubt what they tell us about injuries.