Drastic times call for drastic measures!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1907495 said:
No one is being simple minded here you are talking about a guy with 2 years as a coach at any level no not many would fire a coach whose team made post season for a coach with very little experiance.

Guess what?

They have both have the same amount of success in the playoffs.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bach;1907503 said:
This situation is unique because really no one, including Jerry, really planned on Wade being the longterm answer. Most felt Jerry was bringing in Wade because BP left early and he wanted someone to fill the gap before the possible transition to Garrett.

Now the timetable has been sped up with Garrett being heavily pursued. It's also difficult with how well the Cowboys did this year only to go one and done again.

Throw in the fact that Wade has never won a playoff game in his HC career and Jerry's got a situation on his hands. I can see him sticking with Wade obviously because he's only been here one year and had a good regular season to boot.

But, if Garrett is really the man Jerry wanted, then I could see him go that direction even if it were ahead of schedule.

It's not about dumping a coach every year if he doesn't win it all. It's about Wade likely not being the long term answer, and I doubt Jerry intends him to be the HC when the new stadium opens. So that means you either bring him back for maybe just one more year or you opt for plan A a year early.
I'm not sure any of this is right. Actually, no I'm certain none of it is.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;1907503 said:
This situation is unique because really no one, including Jerry, really planned on Wade being the longterm answer. Most felt Jerry was bringing in Wade because BP left early and he wanted someone to fill the gap before the possible transition to Garrett.

Now the timetable has been sped up with Garrett being heavily pursued. It's also difficult with how well the Cowboys did this year only to go one and done again.

Throw in the fact that Wade has never won a playoff game in his HC career and Jerry's got a situation on his hands. I can see him sticking with Wade obviously because he's only been here one year and had a good regular season to boot.

But, if Garrett is really the man Jerry wanted, then I could see him go that direction even if it were ahead of schedule.

It's not about dumping a coach every year if he doesn't win it all. It's about Wade likely not being the long term answer, and I doubt Jerry intends him to be the HC when the new stadium opens. So that means you either bring him back for maybe just one more year or you opt for plan A a year early.

Right.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907496 said:
It's not about what he's done. It's about what he could do.

We saw what Wade did. And we know Wade is gone in a few years.

Garrett is 41 years old.

Yeah, that's what I thought about my x-wife! ;)

Anyway, no, Fuzzy does not speak for everyone here on CZ...I love him, he hates me...yet sometimes we do agree.

Anyway, carry on...I'm done.

Hey, you don't live under no 50,000 watt tower do you?

:eek:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Bach;1907503 said:

Youre simply making the assumption that Wade was only hired for a year or tow and that was jones plan all along. There is no basis for that other than media speculation from people like Engels and galloway because if you were to actually go by what Jones and Wade have said the exact opposite is the case.

Garrett literally only has 3 years of experience. To me the intelligent plan would be to hire Wade for four or five years and let the very green but promising coach develop.

There is no doubt in my mind that Garret has some learning to do. His offense slumped very badly for the final quarter of the game and even a lay fan like myself could tell that he was calling plays for situations and not for a whole game.

For Wade to accept the position and good faith and then for Jones to backstab him like that would actually be very uncharacteristic for him. jerry is one loyal dude and this assumption many have made that hes just going to dump someone like that is baffling.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907521 said:
You have to be saying this with sarcasm.
You have to be one of the densest persons I've ever encountered on this board.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
5Stars;1907523 said:

Anyway, no, Fuzzy does not speak for everyone here on CZ...I love him, he hates me...yet sometimes we do agree.

i dont hate you brah. i know you like to try and take shots at me from time to time but im not going to get my panties bunched over it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I've got Bach on ignore, but I see his post in quotes.

It's funny that Jerry is usually Buffoon #1 who must be ridiculed at every opportunity... But now that Jerry intended Jason to be head coach from the start, we should now fire our current head coach just to keep him.

Yeah... That makes sense.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907527 said:
i dont hate you brah. i know you like to try and take shots at me from time to time but im not going to get my panties bunched over it.

Liar! You always do...it's like how I used to take the little kids candy away from him, and then in High School I would take money from the weak...it's just the way it is!

:laugh2:

No...dcfanatic is a good guy, but this? :confused: :eek:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907505 said:
I didn't know Professor Fuzzylumpkins speaks for all at CZ.

Now I know.

Playing the best in the last decade? So Wade gets all that credit and Garrett gets none. But then you will say that I am blaming Wade and letting Garrett of the hook right.

You are one simple minded person. Don't you have a class to teach?

I did tutor kids in college but teaching while a very rewarding experience is not something that is economically lucrative.

Im not saying that Garrett gets no credit for our success. I was actually pleasantly surprised by his performance for a first year coach but what youre prposing sounds like something Al Davis would do.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
5Stars;1907532 said:
Liar! You always do...it's like how I used to take the little kids candy away from him, and then in High School I would take money from the weak...it's just the way it is!

:laugh2:

No...dcfanatic is a good guy, but this? :confused: :eek:

bah you were too busy eating glue and paint chips to bother anyone...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907540 said:
bah you were too busy eating glue and paint chips to bother anyone...

See! Again you are wrong, Fuzz breath!

I was sniffing glue, and inhaling paint...what is your excuse?

:lmao2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
5Stars;1907547 said:
See! Again you are wrong, Fuzz breath!

I was sniffing glue, and inhaling paint...what is your excuse?

:lmao2:

WHIPPITS!!

anyway this is probably going down a very bad path brah.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;1907523 said:

How did you know that? lol.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1907530 said:
I've got Bach on ignore, but I see his post in quotes.

aw, isn't that cute.

It's funny that Jerry is usually Buffoon #1 who must be ridiculed at every opportunity... But now that Jerry intended Jason to be head coach from the start, we should now fire our current head coach just to keep him.

Yeah... That makes sense.

That's not my plan. A majority of people felt Garrett was hired last year by Jerry, prior to the HC being hired in fact, because he hoped to have him groomed to be the HC.

I don't necessarily think it makes sense, a lot of what Jerry does hasn't.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907524 said:
Garrett literally only has 3 years of experience. To me the intelligent plan would be to hire Wade for four or five years and let the very green but promising coach develop.

We are talking about a man who wanted Garrett so bad that he actually hired him to be OC before we even had a HC in place.

There is no doubt in my mind that Garret has some learning to do. His offense slumped very badly for the final quarter of the game and even a lay fan like myself could tell that he was calling plays for situations and not for a whole game.

I totally agree.

For Wade to accept the position and good faith and then for Jones to backstab him like that would actually be very uncharacteristic for him. jerry is one loyal dude and this assumption many have made that hes just going to dump someone like that is baffling.

We open a brand new stadium in '09. I don't think a retread like Wade is what Jerry had in mind when we move into that place. Of course Jerry did bring us guys like Switzer and Campo, so settling for subpar wouldn't actually be a new thing for him.

CPonder14

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but Wade looks like a guy who has no confidence on the sideline. He looks dumbfounded the majority of the time.

Yes he is a nice guy, but IMO our future is better with Garrett running this team, than Wade running this team.