Drastic times call for drastic measures!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1907461 said:
What about them? fans wanted Landry gone when they precived that he could not win the big one they were wrong. Dungy SB did not happen overnight and they had some very good season and come up short in post season but were smart enough to know he had their team moving in the right direction and there are many coaches who have had simular careers in coming up short but having owners who were smart enough not to listen to knee jerk fans and reporters.

Another guy who leaves Garrett out of the equation.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907444 said:
You sound like Wade all happy about 13 wins.

Pathetic. What about a playoff win?

Now he resorts to bluster when he cannot formulate a valid argument. Thats whats pathetic.

I prefer my team getting better and getting first round byes over what weve been dealing with the last 12 years. I prefer to keep a HC in place that improves the team over forcing a guy that is so very obviously not ready to take over the reins of an NFL club.

This team surpassed expectations of what it was supposed to do this year. No one but the most base homer was calling SB win.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
giantfan1232;1907474 said:
That was more the ineptitude of the Giants Playcalling then the defense on those last few drives.

oh i get it you lets us get the ball back? :rolleyes:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Seeing as most of you just see my post as me wanting Wade gone it's a futile attempt to talk here.

Most have even forgotten the idea that I want Garrett to stay at whatever cost.

Like usual at CZ. A few guys just get simple minded and ruin a thread.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dcfanatic;1907476 said:

What has Garrett done? That's what I'm missing here. Has he won a SuperBowl or a playoff game? I mean, he was part of this TEAM, right?

;)

ETex

Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907476 said:

And Garrett has done WHAT?

FuzzyLumpkins;1907477 said:
Now he resorts to bluster when he cannot formulate a valid argument. Thats whats pathetic.

I prefer my team getting better and getting first round byes over what weve been dealing with the last 12 years. I prefer to keep a HC in place that improves the team over forcing a guy that is so very obviously not ready to take over the reins of an NFL club.

This team surpassed expectations of what it was supposed to do this year. No one but the most base homer was calling SB win.

AMEN BROTHER

:starspin

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907476 said:

I like Jason but the reality is he has 1 year as a QB coach and 1 year as an OC sorry I would not ditch Phillips for Jason with so little experience. Being an OC is one thing being a HC is a totally different job and responsibility. I hope Jason stays with us and gains more experience and one day becomes our HC but no I would not hand the job over to a very inexperience coach as Jason is. Right now it appears Jerry will try to do what he can to keep Jason short of firing Wade and I think that is the smart move

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score

Sorry professor FuzzLumpkins I didn't formulate a good enough argument for you, lol.

What are we at CZ University or are we at a football message board.

You keep loving that regular season record bro.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dcfanatic;1907480 said:
Seeing as most of you just see my post as me wanting Wade gone it's a futile attempt to talk here.

Oh, stop it! You are a good guy, dcfantic, but this post of your is way out there...and I mean WAY OUT THERE!

Noone is trying to ruin your thread, it's just your logic or compassion is blinding you!

Don't look at the tree, look at the forest!

:rolleyes:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score

You really sound like Wade bro. Why not just get a transcript of his presser.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907480 said:

No whats usual is you post dumb ideas and then get all huffy when people tell you they are dumb.

Firing a head coach that has us playing our best in a decade so you can promote a OC that slumped bad at the end of the year and has only been coaching for three years is dumb.

You seem to forget that no one agrees with your at all costs premise. What simple minded is that you think that somehow validates your argument.

RuGGeR

Reaction score
I think Wade has been riding the Tuna Wave.

Wade did two things this season.
Ease up on the players like a nice grandfather would.
He didn't make enough changes to mess anything else up.

It takes more then training camp to turn around a team.
The boys Had Seattle beat last year, we were advancing in the playoffs.
One tiny miss queue and it ended. Hell we got farther last year.
At least we almost won a playoff game.

I'm with dcfanatic. I don't want to wait another year for our "Zero Intensity Coach" to do nothing.

I don't think we need to go crazy to get Garrett but, it would be nice to keep him.

Wade is Campo in disguise. He He He

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907480 said:

No one is being simple minded here you are talking about a guy with 2 years as a coach at any level no not many would fire a coach whose team made post season for a coach with very little experiance.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;1907481 said:
What has Garrett done? That's what I'm missing here. Has he won a SuperBowl or a playoff game? I mean, he was part of this TEAM, right?

;)

It's not about what he's done. It's about what he could do.

We saw what Wade did. And we know Wade is gone in a few years.

Garrett is 41 years old.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907489 said:
You act as if sounding like Wade is an insult. It's actually quite possible that people agree with Wade and not you. Shocking, I know.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dcfanatic;1907489 said:

thats what is called ad hominem. you cannot explain how what im saying is wrong but try to callit a name that you hope will discredit it.

its weaksauce.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
This situation is unique because really no one, including Jerry, really planned on Wade being the longterm answer. Most felt Jerry was bringing in Wade because BP left early and he wanted someone to fill the gap before the possible transition to Garrett.

Now the timetable has been sped up with Garrett being heavily pursued. It's also difficult with how well the Cowboys did this year only to go one and done again.

Throw in the fact that Wade has never won a playoff game in his HC career and Jerry's got a situation on his hands. I can see him sticking with Wade obviously because he's only been here one year and had a good regular season to boot.

But, if Garrett is really the man Jerry wanted, then I could see him go that direction even if it were ahead of schedule.

It's not about dumping a coach every year if he doesn't win it all. It's about Wade likely not being the long term answer, and I doubt Jerry intends him to be the HC when the new stadium opens. So that means you either bring him back for maybe just one more year or you opt for plan A a year early.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1907490 said:
No whats usual is you post dumb ideas and then get all huffy when people tell you they are dumb.

Firing a head coach that has us playing our best in a decade so you can promote a OC that slumped bad at the end of the year and has only been coaching for three years is dumb.

You seem to forget that no one agrees with your at all costs premise. What simple minded is that you think that somehow validates your argument.

I didn't know Professor Fuzzylumpkins speaks for all at CZ.

Now I know.

Playing the best in the last decade? So Wade gets all that credit and Garrett gets none. But then you will say that I am blaming Wade and letting Garrett of the hook right.

You are one simple minded person. Don't you have a class to teach?

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
I think with Wade being the coach and a defensive minded one at that. I felt like he should of stepped in and told Garret to counter attack the heavy pressure that the Giants were bringing in the 4th quarter.

I know Bill would have.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1907497 said:
You act as if sounding like Wade is an insult. It's actually quite possible that people agree with Wade and not you. Shocking, I know.

If you don't think Wade sounded like a buffoon yesterday then I feel bad for you.