Dream: Pick one player (not QB) from any team that makes us an instant contender

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
If past years’ playoff success performances are any indication of future results, then nobody if it’s not a QB.

Havic

Reaction score
I understand that Christian Mac is great. With all respect to you guys though, without a huge upgrade in the beast positions- DT, LB and OL, skill position guys won’t help us enough IMO.
Cmac would do what Elliot did to this offense once we got him. I look back and think would a beast of a DT got us the win vs Green Bay or San-Fran? No, CMC could mask some of those issues and I was just trying to stick to the premise of the post but honestly, nobody in this league outside of a QB would put this team over the hump.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cmac would do what Elliot did to this offense once we got him. I look back and think would a beast of a DT got us the win vs Green Bay or San-Fran? No, CMC could mask some of those issues and I was just trying to stick to the premise of the post but honestly, nobody in this league outside of a QB would put this team over the hump.
Well I certainly agree that having a much better running game would help this team tremendously.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I’ll add that I don’t think there’s a chance in hell kc let’s him walk but if jerry really wants to go all in and add that generational piece…Chris Jones is right there, if he actually hits free agency do whatever it takes to get him. (I know they won’t )

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dream Scenario: Pick one player from any team (NOT A QB) that by adding that player makes us an instant contender and WHY? (This is just for fun…I know some of the guys below are under contract with other teams. Just having fun here)

For me, I would consider three players as candidates before making my final choice.
  • Candidate 1: Chiefs DT Chris Jones. First team All Pro. He represents everything we need on defense - a completely disruptive force on the LOS for defending the run and capable of also pressuring the QB. Offensive coordinators would immediately have to game plan for this guy and all he could do to disrupt their offensive game plan.
  • Candidate 2: Niners LB Fred Warner. A two time first team All Pro, Warner can do it all. An athletic LB big enough to stuff the run while also outstanding in coverage. He’s a physical monster who brings the wood every play.
  • Candidate 3: Lions OT Penai Sewell. A first team All Pro last year and still just 23 with huge upside. An excellent run blocker as well as pass blocker, he has already been a force on the lions excellent offense.
MY FINAL CHOICE: Chris Jones. As I stated above, he’s almost everything this defense desperately needs to finally be able to stop the run and control the LOS. And…he’s a FA.

Sadly, I doubt we have a chance, but he is exactly what this team needs most.
Who would you choose and WHY?

NONE.....................

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Taking CMC strengthens the Cowboys and weakens the 49ers even thought there might be better backs. Dallas needs a run game. They also need to stop the run. Which is more important? I honestly don't know.