Drew Pearson agrees, trade Dak for Russel Wilson

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think he’s better than dak right now. He gives you a better chance to win the next two seasons.

I don’t think he is at least not when Dak is playing his best. Wilson wouldn’t do well behind our OL and no running game. The guy takes a ton of sacks. He only had one 300 yard game this season. His production has gone down.

conner01

Reaction score
Trading for Russ has 0 downside. You get 3 good years out of him that’s fine. You only have 3 years of dak left. Unless anything drastically changes he is what he is.

3-4 years from now you have to get the replacement in either scenario.

Russ to me is a far better passer. Can make all the throws and has one of the best deep balls I’ve ever seen. Again not a knock on dak but you want to win a title you make that move
If you don’t see the downside you aren’t looking

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Chances of Seattle making that trade is zero. It would have to be Dak and high picks. You all ready to give up Dak and a couple picks for a 33 year old guy. Plus when has a trade like this ever happened? This trade would be an admission that Jerry blew it giving Dak a big contract. Jerry would never admit to a mistake.

RaZon

Reaction score
My favorite QB on my favorite team, heaven on earth but seriously doubt it happens.

Wilson is a first round Hall of Famer and on the verge of being among the top three in the NFL after Brady/Rodgers say good bye, great great QB on a whole other level than Dak.

conner01

Reaction score
its worth it to get Dak away from this team
Where do you propose the 40 mil in cap space cones from that you’d have to create
Plus enough to sign your draft picks and the other guys you’d need to sign to fill out you roster, plus the money to cover Wilson’s cost which is 19 mil

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Trading for Russ has 0 downside. You get 3 good years out of him that’s fine. You only have 3 years of dak left. Unless anything drastically changes he is what he is.

3-4 years from now you have to get the replacement in either scenario.

Russ to me is a far better passer. Can make all the throws and has one of the best deep balls I’ve ever seen. Again not a knock on dak but you want to win a title you make that move
“Wilson To Gallup.... 61 YARDS. TOUCHDOWN!”

“For the first time in 26 years the cowboys are going to the NFC championship gameo_O

stiletto

Reaction score
I'm not sure any QB could succeed having to make up for every holding/pre snap infraction Dak had to deal with especially in the playoff game. That was ridiculous. How could any QB deal with 3rd and 13 all day?

slick325

Reaction score
I don't think even the most ardent Prescott fan would argue that he is better than Wilson. But, we know Jerry and Stephen will not let Prescott go anywhere. He will retire as a Cowboys QB. I suspect that they will pay Prescott another big money contract (extension or a brand new one), likely in 2023 or the end of the 2023 season, prior to his deal being up in 2024.

The fact that they will extend him or give him another new deal will prevent them from even contemplating drafting a 1st round QB in the 2023 draft just in case Prescott walks after 2024.

Prescott will end his career in Dallas folks. Jerry and Stephen have spoken!

lk8701

Reaction score

can’t argue with the HOF.

• Contracts match salary wise.
  • Russel Wilson said he wanted to come here and would wave his no trade clause
  • Pete Carroll would happily take Dak. They run a conservative run 1st offense.

TRADE DAK FOR RUSS:clap:

LOL. This is impossible based on the dead money cap hit. 57.8 Million in dead money with a trade. Plus Dak also has a no trade clause.

Ren

Reaction score
Dak has a no trade clause in his contract and is about twice as expensive as a much better Wilson there is 0 chance this is doable

conner01

Reaction score
Drew lost me on that one. C'mon Drew.
Obvious a guy who didn’t play during the cap era
The cap can be complicated and some just don’t get it
Including anyone who even thinks this is possible
I guess the league will just wave the over 60 mil

starcity214

Reaction score
Chances of Seattle making that trade is zero. It would have to be Dak and high picks. You all ready to give up Dak and a couple picks for a 33 year old guy. Plus when has a trade like this ever happened? This trade would be an admission that Jerry blew it giving Dak a big contract. Jerry would never admit to a mistake.

The last part of your quote is the reason Dak has been starting since 2017.

Having said that, the Rams and Eagles recently did just that.. Admit they were wrong and they moved on.

starcity214

Reaction score
I don't think even the most ardent Prescott fan would argue that he is better than Wilson. But, we know Jerry and Stephen will not let Prescott go anywhere. He will retire as a Cowboys QB. I suspect that they will pay Prescott another big money contract (extension or a brand new one), likely in 2023 or the end of the 2023 season, prior to his deal being up in 2024.

The fact that they will extend him or give him another new deal will prevent them from even contemplating drafting a 1st round QB in the 2023 draft just in case Prescott walks after 2024.

Prescott will end his career in Dallas folks. Jerry and Stephen have spoken!

Sad but true.