Drew Pearson agrees, trade Dak for Russel Wilson

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
One reason why this is a total pipe dream.

Trading Dak pre-June 1 results in the Cowboys having to eat an additional $23 million in cap hits. So they are already $13 million over, add Dak to is and they are now $36 million over. To get in compliance and have money to fill out a roster, you are looking at cutting some pretty important players for this team.
its worth it to get Dak away from this team

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Trading for Russ has 0 downside. You get 3 good years out of him that’s fine. You only have 3 years of dak left. Unless anything drastically changes he is what he is.

3-4 years from now you have to get the replacement in either scenario.

Russ to me is a far better passer. Can make all the throws and has one of the best deep balls I’ve ever seen. Again not a knock on dak but you want to win a title you make that move
He also wont hesitate to take off and run if its available, unlike Dak. Except when there is 10 seconds left in the game with no timeouts :facepalm:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree there was a regression with Dak as the season went on, it’s not even debatable but Russell Wilson for Dak makes no sense at all. Wilson is pushing 34 and appears to be in decline. His best years are behind him. He gets sacked more than just about any QB in the league. The only Super Bowl he won he had one of the all-time great defenses and a beast at RB. No question he’s a great player but at this stage in his career trading for him makes no sense. He would never be able to have a bounce back year behind our OL and no running game. If the Seahawks are willing to move on from him then they don’t feel he’s the guy anymore.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I agree there was a regression with Dak as the season went on, it’s not even debatable but Russell Wilson for Dak makes no sense at all. Wilson is pushing 34 and appears to be in decline. He gets sacked more than just about any QB in the league. The only Super Bowl he won he had one of the all-time great defenses and a beast at RB. No question he’s a great player but at this stage in his career trading for him makes no sense. He would never be able to have a bounce back year behind our OL and no running game.
It would make more sense than trading for Matt Stafford though.

Sydla

Reaction score
its worth it to get Dak away from this team

You might be killing the next 3-4 years of your franchise anyway doing that. So what's better? Trading for Wilson and surrounding him with an inferior team? Or keeping Dak who may fail anyway but you can at least still try to build a good roster?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
He has a no trade clause in his contract he can not be traded

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It would make more sense than trading for Matt Stafford though.

The Rams were trading Jared Goff for Stafford. It certainly didn’t make sense what they gave up for Stafford but the trade made sense because they got a better QB. I don’t see Russell Wilson as being a better QB than Dak at this stage in his career. Go compare their numbers this season.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
The Rams were trading Jared Goff for Stafford. It certainly didn’t make sense what they gave up for Stafford but the trade made sense because they got a better QB. I don’t see Russell Wilson as being a better QB than Dak at this stage in his career. Go compare their numbers this season.
I’m just saying Russell is a better QB than Stafford, which LA gave up a ton for.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You might be killing the next 3-4 years of your franchise anyway doing that. So what's better? Trading for Wilson and surrounding him with an inferior team? Or keeping Dak who may fail anyway but you can at least still try to build a good roster?
And its blind homerism if you think status quo is going to win us anything of significance. Besides Micah, Trevon, & Zack Martin, who on this team should be considered untouchable for an upgrade at qb?

And Russell isnt old at all in today’s NFL. He will be 33 when the season starts.

starcity214

Reaction score
One reason why this is a total pipe dream.

Trading Dak pre-June 1 results in the Cowboys having to eat an additional $23 million in cap hits. So they are already $13 million over, add Dak to is and they are now $36 million over. To get in compliance and have money to fill out a roster, you are looking at cutting some pretty important players for this team.

What!? No way!! Dak kept saying "There's enough pie to go around" what happened to our pie man?!! Did McCarthy eat it or something?! Lol

Playmaker3128

Reaction score

I think he’s better than dak right now. He gives you a better chance to win the next two seasons. He’s more clutch…. Can read a defense better and throws a much better ball. He’d have a better oline that he did in Seattle (which shows how bad his Seattle line is) and a much better defense than recently. He’s a championship player not scared of the moment.

Again in 2 years we’re starting over regardless. With or without dak. Unless dak all of a sudden take a huge step forward. May as well go for it.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
He can. He just has a say on where he goes. Basically it’s written into his contract that Seattle can’t just trade him to Detroit if Russ doesn’t want to play there.
Dak has a no trade clause and has stated he will Be in Dallas he is not going anywhere soon