Drew Pearson agrees, trade Dak for Russel Wilson

cowboyec

Reaction score
who wouldn't.
but i believe seattle moves off russ when i see it.

conner01

Reaction score
I jerry is 80, and halfway through the season when the team is 4-5 next year he’ll get desperate and want to trade for a cornerstone piece.
Trades have to fit under the salary cap
That is literally impossible to trade Wilson and Dak

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This has to have some effect on the cap correct? This isn't like basketball where they are just matching salaries.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes because Russ has done really well when he needs to carry the team...Lets see I'll check off what we have that russ won with

1) Top running game..yup we had that all year
2) top run defense..check again

Man youve figured it out lets get Russ and KM and the other on this team will change overnight....Jesus, I'm all for getting out of Prescott but you need to get RID OF ANYONE WHO PLAYED OR COACHED WITH JG then see what you can build...adding Russ would only end the same way with everything else being the same....Its not like he carried his team this year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Again what has Russ done with Dk and Lockett this season. It's a simple ?. You think you know qbs better than McCarthy...lol
What have YOU done to make you think you know the QB position better than Drew Pearson?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yes because Russ has done really well when he needs to carry the team...Lets see I'll check off what we have that russ won with

1) Top running game..yup we had that all year
2) top run defense..check again

Man youve figured it out lets get Russ and KM and the other on this team will change overnight....Jesus, I'm all for getting out of Prescott but you need to get RID OF ANYONE WHO PLAYED OR COACHED WITH JG then see what you can build...adding Russ would only end the same way with everything else being the same....Its not like he carried his team this year.
Hey.

You were wrong about Dak.

I told ya so.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Hey.

You were wrong about Dak.

I told ya so.

No I was wrong about this team, you think its just the QB and thats legit wrong. Its every player they depend on and the oc you need to change them all. But I knew what you were in it for and thats fine..again Crow away it says alot how happy you are about it.

visionary

Reaction score
Of course it won’t happen but if it can, I’d do it yesterday

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
There are two ways in my opinion to make a run at this thing next year again. Upgrade the qb (most important position on the field) or stay with the current qb (which I’m fine with) but go after a coach that can get the most out of him and this offense (Sean Peyton)

I’d use my first in a heartbeat in either of those deals.

Without something big tell me your confidence this team will win anything next year. Even if they went 14-3 I’m not confident enough they wouldn’t choke in a big game

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No I was wrong about this team, you think its just the QB and thats legit wrong. Its every player they depend on and the oc you need to change them all. But I knew what you were in it for and thats fine..again Crow away it says alot how happy you are about it.
No.

You were wrong about Dak. You never believed anyways though, right?

Aftershock

Reaction score
Trading for Russ has 0 downside. You get 3 good years out of him that’s fine. You only have 3 years of dak left. Unless anything drastically changes he is what he is.

3-4 years from now you have to get the replacement in either scenario.

Russ to me is a far better passer. Can make all the throws and has one of the best deep balls I’ve ever seen. Again not a knock on dak but you want to win a title you make that move
People acting like Russ is 40. He's 33 and is a deep threat passer as well as a capable runner, maybe not in later years but he will be a decent runner until 35-36

People forget Rodgers is 38 and playing at an MVP level

I agree there was a regression with Dak as the season went on, it’s not even debatable but Russell Wilson for Dak makes no sense at all. Wilson is pushing 34 and appears to be in decline. His best years are behind him. He gets sacked more than just about any QB in the league. The only Super Bowl he won he had one of the all-time great defenses and a beast at RB. No question he’s a great player but at this stage in his career trading for him makes no sense. He would never be able to have a bounce back year behind our OL and no running game. If the Seahawks are willing to move on from him then they don’t feel he’s the guy anymore.

Seahawks have one of the worst OL's in the whole league. Give him a competent OL and he will make things happen.