DT Jordan Phillips not resigning w/Bills

Carson

Reaction score
I would then spend next 2 picks on secondary and address some part of offense with lower picks.

Agreed. I would love to sign a guy like HaHa, Vonn Bell to shore up safety.

Sign a DT, Quinn.

Draft a guy like Henderson or Terrell in round two and we are looking great on defense.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Maybe so. I haven't really watched the player, so I don't have an opinion on him in particular. I just want Dallas to go after a stud DT instead of just trying to patch it with cheaper options.
Marinelli is gone now.

Dallas leaned on him to coach up players of less ability and run them in and out by rotation.

That is not the answer now.

The defense needs what the offense has received..money for players.

We are about to again to dump a king's ransom into the offense in Dak and Amari.

The talent needs more balance b/w the sides of the ball to get better.

The old adage offense sells tickets, defense wins championships is never more correct.

KC won as much with their D as with Mahomes. The defense all year long kept the team in contention when Mahomes went down with injury.

In the SB, they kept the game within reach until Mahomes and the offense finally got going to win the game.

Who are we to disagree?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would then spend next 2 picks on secondary and address some part of offense with lower picks.

I mostly agree. The only exception might be tight end if McCarthy isn't sold on Jarwin. If he believes Jarwin might can be a No. 1 tight end in his offense, then I'd be OK with not adding one until the fourth round or beyond.

montgod

Reaction score
Albeit a little older at 31, but another FA DT to add to the list of available DT.

Vikings released DT Linval Joseph.
The core of the Vikings defense has been together for years, but there will be new faces in 2020 with Minnesota also cutting CB Xavier Rhodes on Friday morning. Joseph wasn't playing at his peak last season, but he is still an effective player when he's fully healthy. The veteran defensive tackle compiled 44 tackles and six QB hits across 13 games in 2019, more than enough production for him to have a market in free agency.

SOURCE: Vikings on Twitter
Mar 13, 2020, 2:53 PM ET

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There are a ton of DTs available in free agency.

Javon Hargrave
DJ Reader
Jarran Reed
Leonard Williams
Danny Shelton
Suh
Jordan Phillips
Shelby Harris
Ashawn Robinson
Gerald McCoy
Derek Wolfe
Michael Brockers
Quinton Jefferson
Michael Pierce

We really should go after one of them at least.

cowboyec

Reaction score
signed with Arizona.

so give me Danny Shelton,Ashawn Robinson or Harrison.