DT Malik Jackson expected to sign with Eagles

Verdict

Reaction score
The Eagles value their DL the same way that the Cowboys value their OL. Fletcher Cox is the cog that runs that Eagles DL. It all starts with him.

That whole Eagles DL is salty, and you have that one great piece in the middle of the DL (Cox) that makes it hum.

I think that this signing helps the Eagles, but they could have added a piece in this deep draft class at a fraction of what this signing will cost them.

On the other hand would you rather have this guy that the Eagles just signed or Sean Lee and Jason Witten? Because that's the opportunity cost of our nostalgia.

MaaS

Reaction score
When do all the homers come in and tell us that our DTs are just as good, we didn't need Jackson, he's too old, etc.

But we recreated his production last year with so much less money!

*Heavy sarcasm*

This is essentially what we're paying Crawford. I'd have been pretty pleased with this deal.

conner01

Reaction score
The Eagles value their DL the same way that the Cowboys value their OL. Fletcher Cox is the cog that runs that Eagles DL. It all starts with him.

That whole Eagles DL is salty, and you have that one great piece in the middle of the DL (Cox) that makes it hum.

I think that this signing helps the Eagles, but they could have added a piece in this deep draft class at a fraction of what this signing will cost them.

On the other hand would you rather have this guy that the Eagles just signed or Sean Lee and Jason Witten? Because that's the opportunity cost of our nostalgia.
I don’t see Lee or Witten a factor on one year deals
If they wanted him they could fit it in
This has to be more of a not interested than can’t afford

ESisback

Reaction score
What the heck does this mean?
I imagine you’re being sarcastic, because you disagree, but I’ll explain my “cryptic” post anyway...

Philly is obsessed with Dallas. They make a good move, it fuels their hope that they’ll dominate the Cowboys in 2019. They are DESPERATE for relevancy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When do all the homers come in and tell us that our DTs are just as good, we didn't need Jackson, he's too old, etc.
If you look at his stats last year there was nothing special.

InTheZone

Reaction score
We are waiting to sign someone half as good for twice the money.
Waiting for the Brandon Carr of DL to be signed, an unknown until signed, greeted by highlights against one of the better blockers, then followed up with a career game set by the same player in a rematch.

UpNorth

Reaction score
agree. He's nowhere near the player Bennett was for them. AND they overpaid.
They play different positions.

I'm pretty sure the Eagles played the majority of the year with unfrafted free agents inside next to Cox

John813

Reaction score
That's a good deal . Sure the cap number for year 1 is low and he won't see year 3.