News: DT Malik McDowell talking to the Cowboys?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Did I say anything about McDowell in this video? He clearly is in the wrong and if he had gotten shot that would have been justified. I was referring to his comment about always complying with the police. So go run your big mouth somewhere else.
All police should carry a body camera that's on at all times. This way if one does wrong, that PD is held accountable for their actions. At the same time, people need to be less combative and just follow orders. McDowell was so very lucky.

Last edited:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Yeah right cops are the bad guys. I love clowns like you. Judging police and probably the military. Unless you walk in those shoes - shut up.
That's a bs copout. So you can't judge anyone unless you've 'walked in those shoes'? May we judge the mafia without joining it? Can we judge Al Qaeda without joining? How about *****? Can we judge them without joining? Your argument is null.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That's a bs copout. So you can't judge anyone unless you've 'walked in those shoes'? May we judge the mafia without joining it? Can we judge Al Qaeda without joining? How about *****? Can we judge them without joining? Your argument is null.

Comparing the good guys to terrorists, the mafia, and genocidal maniacs, yeah that makes sense. We can judge those guys because what they are is barbaric. Police and military are by and large good people that sacrifice themselves. They are not perfect and there are bad eggs like any large group but most are trying to the right thing while laying it on the line. Especially today with all the violence present. Problem is people are too self absorbed to appreciate that sacrifice and everyone is an expert today. Surprised you would try to make this comparison because it isn’t even close. Shame on you.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Did you watch that video? This POS is no longer available to be signed. He will be going to jail for a very long time. He resisted arrest, assaulted a police officer, grabbed an officer’s weapon, and reached for another’s gun. He is not being signed by anyone.
Never say never with Jerry.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am a veteran of the us navy and was honorably discharged after my contract ended. So how about you shut up since you have no clue?

How do you know what I am or was? If you are telling the truth your point makes even less sense. No clue? You have no clue. Man, has modern society unscrewed your head. McDowell was dead wrong there. Dead f ing wrong. He is lucky to be alive. That officer was trying to do his job and some mammoth sized JV lawyer was changing the protocol. Could have gone fubar and then the bleeding hearts would scream his rights were violated.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yeah right cops are the bad guys. I love clowns like you. Judging police and probably the military. Unless you walk in those shoes - shut up.
Walked those shoes as a cop in the military. The truth is people have been shot while complying over the last couple of years and when asked why they shot them they said they didnt know. Here is one such case

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Walked those shoes as a cop in the military. The truth is people have been shot while complying over the last couple of years and when asked why they shot them they said they didnt know. Here is one such case

Rare occurrence. Very, very rare. Think about the psychology cops have a ton of things to worry about. Mistakes happen. Terrible thing but it’s true. Unless of course we all decide to not listen to the police for fear of being shot. That makes perfect sense. Ridiculous assumption.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did I say anything about McDowell in this video? He clearly is in the wrong and if he had gotten shot that would have been justified. I was referring to his comment about always complying with the police. So go run your big mouth somewhere else.

What about his comment about "always complying with police"? Are you saying the way McDowelll handled things was right? Do you think not complying with police makes things better? Say what you mean.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rare occurrence. Very, very rare. Think about the psychology cops have a ton of things to worry about. Mistakes happen. Terrible thing but it’s true. Unless of course we all decide to not listen to the police for fear of being shot. That makes perfect sense. Ridiculous assumption.

Find me anybody in any job or walk of life that never makes a mistake. Meanwhile, somebody like McDowell goes off and the officer shows more than the required restraint and everybody goes 'oh well...'

pacboyX

Reaction score
On one hand police are a government backed gang, on another hand they are good people trying to serve community. We will all see them differently based on our background...but this is a cowboys site not political forum. Isn’t that in the guidelines somewhere?

HanD

Reaction score
i think we all agree there are bad instances of misuse of power and there are terrible mistakes that happen. those officers should be held accountable. that in no way diminishes the fact that civilians have no right to disrespect or disobey an officer. you have an issue, the right way is to comply with the commands and take it up with your lawyer. resisting, cursing, demanding such and such does not end up well for anyone and automatically puts you in the wrong.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Find me anybody in any job or walk of life that never makes a mistake. Meanwhile, somebody like McDowell goes off and the officer shows more than the required restraint and everybody goes 'oh well...'

Exactly. I am shocked at some of these responses. Especially by those who claim to have been former police / military. Shocked.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. I am shocked at some of these responses. Especially by those who claim to have been former police / military. Shocked.

Sadly, I'm not. I've seen enough of these threads to know exactly how they'll go, and where people will line up.

But I probably shouldn't waste any more time talking about this fool. A guy who squandered away his talents and will likely end up broke and in jail.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i think we all agree there are bad instances of misuse of power and there are terrible mistakes that happen. those officers should be held accountable. that in no way diminishes the fact that civilians have no right to disrespect or disobey an officer. you have an issue, the right way is to comply with the commands and take it up with your lawyer. resisting, cursing, demanding such and such does not end up well for anyone and automatically puts you in the wrong.

Well said.
:clap:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We have a whole website dedicated to judging athletes when none of us have played in the NFL lol. I hate when they use that flawed argument.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He asked for his supervisor and by law he has that right.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sadly, I'm not. I've seen enough of these threads to know exactly how they'll go, and where people will line up.

But I probably shouldn't waste any more time talking about this fool. A guy who squandered away his talents and will likely end up broke and in jail.
A guy who’s clearly suffering from mental issues either from playing football or from his ATV crash. He’s clearly not all there.