News: DT Malik McDowell talking to the Cowboys?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That video is terrible. I was taught from an early age to listen to the police. It is amazing how much trouble can be avoided by just doing what the police ask you to do. That idiot is lucky to be alive. That situation could have really gotten out of hand.

In case you’ve been blind the last couple years, some people have been killed during police interaction even while complying.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If Cowboys sign him on a low risk contract I have no issue of having him go to training camps and trying to earn a spot. Small signing bonus but nothing guaranteed

Did you watch that video? This POS is no longer available to be signed. He will be going to jail for a very long time. He resisted arrest, assaulted a police officer, grabbed an officer’s weapon, and reached for another’s gun. He is not being signed by anyone.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In case you’ve been blind the last couple years, some people have been killed during police interaction even while complying.
So, would you recommend the response to be for people always fight with the police? I would bet 99% of the time the odds are better of a non-violent outcome if a person complies with what the police tell him than if he fights.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

Those instances are far and few between. Most that make the news turn out to be very different stories once the true facts come out but the media never goes back to correct the story. Sure, there have been instances where bad cops have acted against normal procedure or made very bad mistakes but anyone that thinks its better to do what McDowell did in that video is an idiot and is asking to get justifiably shot.

HanD

Reaction score
Most definitely. I would have expected that first officer to be reprimanded for being too lenient and putting himself at risk.

When you see videos like this one, you can see how bad things happen.

it's sad that the microscope on officers these days makes them think twice and puts them in more harms way. A few actual sad instances of abuse, a few instances where it was probably justified but police are in a tough spot when it comes to using force.

slick325

Reaction score
Find it hard to believe that the Cowboys weren't aware of this incident. It occurred the month before they brought him in. The team likely wanted to hear his explanation as well as check him out medically.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Good grief, what a moron. :facepalm:

No one wants to be confronted by police but you're not going adjudicate your case in the parking lot. If you feel the arrest is unlawful get an attorney and fight it in court. All he did was make things a lot worse.

And in this case, we’re talking about a speeding ticket. He had to be drunk or high or had something in the car he didn’t want the police to find. Also, this has to be older because they talked about it snowing so I don’t think this just happened.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it's sad that the microscope on officers these days makes them think twice and puts them in more harms way. A few actual sad instances of abuse, a few instances where it was probably justified but police are in a tough spot when it comes to using force.

We've broken this thing. Cut corners to where the people who protect us and the people who watch over and teach our greatest treasure (our children) are among the lowest paid in the country. A disgrace.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Glad to see you mention the word "blind", because if that's what you got out of that video, we know who truly is.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Those instances are far and few between. Most that make the news turn out to be very different stories once the true facts come out but the media never goes back to correct the story. Sure, there have been instances where bad cops have acted against normal procedure or made very bad mistakes but anyone that thinks its better to do what McDowell did in that video is an idiot and is asking to get justifiably shot.
There have been cases of genuine police misconduct - with one recently in Balch Springs, TX. But for every half-dozen cases like that, there's a whole bunch more where the Police are justified. I have a couple of thoughts about Police Unions, but I won't get into that.
With that said, this fool McDowell showed a complete lack of respect for the Officer, refused to comply in what was a simple stop.
The officer was actually very patient given the circumstances. Plus, if you charge a Cop, bad things will happen most likely.
This officer was almost TOO restrained, to the point he could have been seriously messed up.
Malik McDowell has problems, that's for sure.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Glad to see you mention the word "blind", because if that's what you got out of that video, we know who truly is.

Did I say anything about McDowell in this video? He clearly is in the wrong and if he had gotten shot that would have been justified. I was referring to his comment about always complying with the police. So go run your big mouth somewhere else.