CFZ DT Trysten Hill could surprise

quickccc

Reaction score
Watkins has been more solid player than Hill, Hill has been a complete bust and to top it off Hill is paid more. You say Watkins is a dime a dozen? Hill is as well he has done nothing

watkins hasn't had a torn ACL to recover from.

You guys act like a torn ACL is equal than a mere bee-sting.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
watkins hasn't had a torn ACL to recover from.

You guys act like a torn ACL is equal than a mere bee-sting.

He was not born with a torn ACL, he played in 2019, he played 5 games in 2020 before the ACL and in that time he has a total of 0 sacks and you want to claim he is a pass rusher? lol Honestly this team has not has a pass rushing DT since Randy White played. I hope Hill can show his value this camp and in pre season but I would not hold a roster spot for him, he has not earned that but if he can show it during the pre season then at least he would have earned it

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Watkins is a 1 tech, his role is to go against and force double teams - not that he is elite at that.;
he's ok at the least .. until we find much better.

Gallimore played the 1 a whole lot last season. Watkins played the 3 a whole lot too.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not a developed pass rusher, but he is.
Ditto with Gallimore.
Where is the evidence? Hill only had 3 sacks in his best year in college. Only 6 sacks over 3 years in college. Ran a 5.04 40 at the combine.

I have more hope for Gallimore. He seems to have more of the tools to be a pass rusher (quicker/faster)

quickccc

Reaction score
Gallimore played the 1 a whole lot last season. Watkins played the 3 a whole lot too.

... Bohanna played the 1 tech a whole lot too, .. but was also on his butt a whole lot, in every game too .

With both Gallimore and Hill out the first half of the season, who else was able to go at the 3 tech besides Osa, ? Hamilton ?
that's why i could see a Watkins having to rotate over to flex at both.

- Gallimore likely had to play the 1 tech, because Bohanna wasn't giving us anything at us at the 1 tech.

quickccc

Reaction score
Where is the evidence? Hill only had 3 sacks in his best year in college. Only 6 sacks over 3 years in college. Ran a 5.04 40 at the combine.

I have more hope for Gallimore. He seems to have more of the tools to be a pass rusher (quicker/faster)

Why does the NFL combine testing come into play ?
... and for a 310 pound DT, (Hill) that 40 time is not a bad number at all. .

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I still have hopes for Hill to come on this season and step up and be productive.

I agree Bohanna may be the odd man out here, depending on Ridgeway. I was not impressed with Bohanna last year. But he is a fan favorite as Hill is the punching bag.
You know how it works on here. Always a player to hate on or 2 or 3.

TC will be interesting from these 3.
Let em play and evaluate and let the best ones make the 53.

quickccc

Reaction score
He was not born with a torn ACL, he played in 2019, he played 5 games in 2020 before the ACL and in that time he has a total of 0 sacks and you want to claim he is a pass rusher?

lol Honestly this team has not has a pass rushing DT since Randy White played. I hope Hill can show his value this camp and in pre season but I would not hold a roster spot for him, he has not earned that but if he can show it during the pre season then at least he would have earned it

No pass rushing interior since Randy White ..?

-Jason Hatcher had 11 sacks in the interior., when we moved to the 4-3 scheme.
- Ratliff as an undersized interior and he had 27 career sacks in Dallas
- La' Roi Glover amassed 21 sacks during his 4 years in Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A classic case of people's perceptions costing them the ability to see reality. I have to admit I was surprised how many times Hill stalemated the double and flat out shredded single man blocking in that game. Even I fully expected to see him on roller skates every time he was in because watching the game live it seemed like everybody on the d-line was. I saw nothing of the kind. His upfield penetration forced the back to redirect at least a half dozen runs and when the LBs were in their gaps it led to short gains. Hill might have been our best DL in that game.. He was certainly our best DT. I could see how one could have given the nod to Gallimore or Osa just cause they were credited with more tackles but the both had CRUSHING penalties that kept Niner drives going. Frankly upon rewatch I think the official scorekeeper must have a couple of Hill's tackles to Basham (#92). Hill seemed like he was in on at least 5 tackles to me and he was the primary pass rusher who forced the bad throw that was picked. Yet he was not credited with a pressure or hurry on that play. How do you get into the QB's face, force an errant throw but not have that be a pressure or a hurry or something positive?

I see a bust for the bust that he is. History proves me right

That “classic case of people’s perceptions” is yours. ‘The fan’ seeing what he hopes rather than what is.

Don’t try to lecture anybody.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No pass rushing interior since Randy White ..?

-Jason Hatcher had 11 sacks in the interior., when we moved to the 4-3 scheme.
- Ratliff as an undersized interior and he had 27 career sacks in Dallas
- La' Roi Glover amassed 21 sacks during his 4 years in Dallas.

Yeah I stand by it, White was an all around DT could play the run and get after the QB he had 35 sacks in his 1st 4 years 39.5 sacks with 3 of those season 14 games not 16. White more seasons with double digit sacks in a league that did not pass near as much as they do now

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- Watkins has not had to endure an ACL and recovery like Hill has had to do.
also Watkins is not a pass rusher. And the pass rushers are premium vs NFL passing world.

How many sacks does your “pass rusher” Hill have in his three year career?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You'll just get a bunch of whining in this thread. Maybe 1 of 10 posts that won't be crybaby whining.

Hill has significant physical talent.
- Excellent quickness for a player over 300 pounds.

He was the best DT in 2020 until his injury.
- Better than Gallimore in the games they both played.

He was active over Bohanna in the playoff game.

If he stays healthy in the preseason, he should be in the rotation during the regular season.
So young still, but age aside Hill has to really want to get off this team if he decides to not take full advantage of a wide open grazing field, all capable IDL please apply.
If Hill can't find a way to make this roster, then he is in more trouble than this teams current DL situation.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

just so you know it was not 5 sacks it was .5 as in half of a sack. Look I hope I'm completely wrong about Hill as I was with Kearse but it falls to Hill to show it. I just would not hold a spot on the team, if he wants it he will have to earn it. We know Osa and Gilmore have done enough to know they will be on the team and hopefully continue to develop but Hill will need to show something.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
just so you know it was not 5 sacks it was .5 as in half of a sack. Look I hope I'm completely wrong about Hill as I was with Kearse but it falls to Hill to show it. I just would not hold a spot on the team, if he wants it he will have to earn it. We know Osa and Gilmore have done enough to know they will be on the team and hopefully continue to develop but Hill will need to show something.

Exactly how I feel about it.

But ‘optimism’ has left town regarding a guy who hasn’t done anything in three years.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel about it.

But ‘optimism’ has left town regarding a guy who hasn’t done anything in three years.

True I'm not optimistic just in a wait and see mode. I'm disappointed by what I have seen but if he can turn it around then great. In his profile the 2 concerns I had and are these
  • Has been in the doghouse with his coaches at times
  • Work ethic has been challenged in the past
The work ethic is very troublesome because you can have the physical skill to make it to the NFL but what separate players at this level is work ethic