DTs Dallas has met with so far at combine

rambo2

Reaction score
I like Sweat but the weight just scares me…you’re basically drafting an outlier and hoping for the best. After round 1? Sure.
He will go between 24 and 40. His weight is a good thing.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He looks solid to me and I liked his interview.
100%, I love him as a player…I’m just laying out facts that should be considered.

They’re have been like 5 DTs drafted in the last 20 years over 350 pounds…0 of them have been high end impact players.

In the first round or 2 I’m trying to avoid outliers.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Carter in 3rd would be good especially if we get Sweat. Rotate Is and Carter have Sweat hang out with Mazi teach him to eat like a big boy and sing Grover Stewart. Let's get it.

I'll share DEs in a separate thread, more of them than I thought
DE definitely a need

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Sweat but the weight just scares me…you’re basically drafting an outlier and hoping for the best. After round 1? Sure.
One thing with Sweat is he is a linier athlete. He isnt getting out of of those guard gaps on stretch plays, which limits him. The plus with him is he is damn good in the gaps and he adds pass rush ability

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I actually DMed Lance Z about this on X and he responded saying Sweat is ahead of Mazi comfortably as a prospect.

Not saying I’m on board with Sweat at 24 just saying.
Mazi was always a projection IMO. When his name started popping up in leaks in the days leading up to the draft, I think it was with 58 in mind. Not 27

cnuball21

Reaction score
Mazi was always a projection IMO. When his name started popping up in leaks in the days leading up to the draft, I think it was with 58 in mind. Not 27
Really liked Mazi in the 2nd…absolutely hated him in the 1st.

You just can’t take dudes in the 1st that have practically zero production.