Dual threat QB

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think all the guys named are still dual threat...some just lean more to a certain aspects whether more pass or run.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Maybe you should put this in the College Zone forum. Until this pizz ant has done something in the NFL, no one gives a crap.

No QB on this roster has done anything in the NFL and there are hundreds of threads about them. You give a crap or you wouldn't have posted and so does all the hundreds of other posters.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No QB on this roster has done anything in the NFL and there are hundreds of threads about them. You give a crap or you wouldn't have posted and so does all the hundreds of other posters.
Dak has at least played a damn game, that college dude has genuinely "done nothing" in the NFL.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Did I say there was something wrong with it? No.
Yes, you insinuated it with your first post stating Lamar Jackson redefined the term "dual threat" QB, and how you feel Kyler Murray's ability to run should be allowed to "unleash the beast"... All while claiming Dak is no "dual threat" QB.

So, who would you rather have? Lamar Jackson or Dak Prescott as QB?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, you insinuated it with your first post stating Lamar Jackson redefined the term "dual threat" QB, and how you feel Kyler Murray's ability to run should be allowed to "unleash the beast"... All while claiming Dak is no "dual threat" QB.

So, who would you rather have? Lamar Jackson or Dak Prescott as QB?
I want our pocket passer named Dakota Prescott. I did not insinuate anything. You came to those conclusions all on your own. I think you just like to argue.

GenoT

Reaction score
Dak has had less than a million cap hit almost every year he has been in the league so how is that a cap killer?..........I understand you put "jk" but just curious
I shoulda put it “soon-to-be cap-killer”...and yeah...was just kidding.;):rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As of right now Lamar Jackson would be the number one dual threat QB in the league. He put up over 1200 yards rushing and led the league with 36 TD passes. He had an MVP year running and throwing the ball. During the regular season he was a nightmare to defend.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about throwing in Daniel Jones since he had 2 more rushing yards than Dak last year?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dual threat doesn't mean anything if you're going to get injured. Lamar is not a dual threat, he needs to run to make that offense work. Buying time in the pocket is all a QB needs to do. John Elway is a good example. Reminds me of Mahomes. Passing is your primary skill, but if you get into trouble you can move around a bit. Also Randall Cunningham for those old enough to remember.

Lamar Jackson is the top dual threat QB in the league. He can kill you two ways with his arm and his legs. He tossed a league leading 36 TDs last season along with just over 1200 yards rushing with 7 more TDs. He accounted for 42 TDs with his arm and his legs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What makes Jackson so hard to defend is his great speed and elusiveness. He’s like Barry Sanders playing QB. He put a defense on their heels. As soon as you think he’s going to takeoff he throws it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What makes Jackson so hard to defend is his great speed and elusiveness. He’s like Barry Sanders playing QB. He put a defense on their heels. As soon as you think he’s going to takeoff he throws it.
Plus, he's extremely effective at faking the hand off, which causes defenses to hesitate.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Lamar Jackson is the top dual threat QB in the league. He can kill you two ways with his arm and his legs. He tossed a league leading 36 TDs last season along with just over 1200 yards rushing with 7 more TDs. He accounted for 42 TDs with his arm and his legs.
And then he hasn’t been able to score a TD in the playoffs until garbage time in 2 years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And then he hasn’t been able to score a TD in the playoffs until garbage time in 2 years.

He’s definitely struggled in the playoffs. I posted during the regular season that if you put too much on your QB in the playoffs you’re in trouble. If your entire offense revolves around your QBs ability to run and throw a good defense is going to contain them. Baltimores offense is dependent on Jackson having a good game. He can’t be off his game for them to win.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He’s definitely struggled in the playoffs. I posted during the regular season that if you put too much on your QB in the playoffs you’re in trouble. If your entire offense revolves around your QBs ability to run and throw a good defense is going to contain them. Baltimores offense is predicated on Jackson having a good game.
I am interested how he does this year after tape of last year is digested. Let’s see if he duplicated it or is a one year wonder.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I am interested how he does this year after tape of last year is digested. Let’s see if he duplicated it or is a one year wonder.

The more defensive coordinator’s study him the more challenging it’s going to get for him. For him to have ongoing success he has to continue improving as a passer.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We haven’t seen anything like Lamar Jackson since Michael Vick. The only QBs that could be considered dual threat QBs that I can think of off the top of my head that ever won a Super Bowl was Staubach, Elway and Steve Young. Staubach had 2264 yards rushing with 21 TDs. Elway rushed for 3407 yards and 33 TDs, while Young rushed for 4239 yards and 43 TDs. Both Elway and Young idolized Roger Staubach. However those QBs got it done more with their arms than their legs.