Dude Uses Jedi Mind Tricks To Get Through DUI Checkpoint

jnday

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4421166 said:
Exercising your rights is not being a jerk to the officer. Officers should be well-trained to accept that.

And people such as youself , should be trained in common respect for other human beings .

jnday

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4421162 said:
They're also usually the least historically insightful people you'll meet, on the average.

I disagree . I spend a couple of hours a day studying different aspects of history . Not because I have to , but because the educational value appeals to me .

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
jnday;4421232 said:
I disagree . I spend a couple of hours a day studying different aspects of history . Not because I have to , but because the educational value appeals to me .

That's a good thing.

jnday

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4421230 said:
Let me guess, you're an officer?

No , actually don't know many or have any that I would consider friends .

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4421169 said:
Look around you. This is what the founders warned us about....

http://denverabc.wordpress.com/2010...ndra-svoboda-found-guilty-facing-prison-time/

Act like it doesn't happen. I've been in a situation where police acted unethically because they weren't even at the right house. They thought I was someone with a spanish last name. I said my last name is ____, that's German!

The said I assaulted them because I told them to leave my house. You may be ok with them poking around, but I'm not. I had to deal with the village idiot in my case. And it cost me a lot of money just to clear my name.

Would you be upset with traffic cams at all lights?

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
How anyone has a problem with police checking to make sure our roads are safe by keeping drunk drivers in park is beyond my understanding. I wish with every bit of my existence that there was a checkpoint on the road the drunk ******* used as he plowed into us and killed my brother...then I wouldn't have to forever relive the nightmare of holding my dead brother in my lap as I scream for help. I guess some people just need something to be indignant about. Too bad nobody ever gets worked up over the fact that the man who killed my brother only served 2 months in jail. I'm sure the inconvenience of having to stop at a checkpoint is far more worthy of a cause.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4421149 said:
Please inform me of all the negatives that would come with traffic cams.

you could say the same about any state intervention, hell maybe the fuzz should be able to enter your house at will, after all if you have nothing to hide, let them in and search

jnday

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4421234 said:
That's a good thing.

CanadianCowboysFan;4421347 said:
you could say the same about any state intervention, hell maybe the fuzz should be able to enter your house at will, after all if you have nothing to hide, let them in and search

The point that you seem to have trouble understanding is that our streets and roads are public property . The home is private property .

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
jnday;4421353 said:
The point that you seem to have trouble understanding is that our streets and roads are public property . The home is private property .

My vehicle is private property. Do you let people just snoop through your car for no good reason?

jnday

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4421375 said:
My vehicle is private property. Do you let people just snoop through your car for no good reason?

Your vehicle is personal property in a public domain . I have had my truck searched , and they had good reason . I understood why it was done . I put myself in that position . I was 18 years old at the time . The officers found nothing and I was free to go . My behaviour gave them reason for the search . In can't hold it against the officers for doing their jobs . My stupidity caused the whole mess . How many times has your car been searched for no reason at all ? I have heard stories about searches for no reason , but when the facts came out , the officers had cause . Officers just don't search because they enjoy it .

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
jnday;4421386 said:
Your vehicle is personal property in a public domain . I have had my truck searched , and they had good reason . I understood why it was done . I put myself in that position . I was 18 years old at the time . The officers found nothing and I was free to go . My behaviour gave them reason for the search . In can't hold it against the officers for doing their jobs . My stupidity caused the whole mess . How many times has your car been searched for no reason at all ? I have heard stories about searches for no reason , but when the facts came out , the officers had cause . Officers just don't search because they enjoy it .

Haha, go down to the clerk's office and see how may cases get thrown out for illegal search. You'd be surprised.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4421388 said:
Haha, go down to the clerk's office and see how may cases get thrown out for illegal search. You'd be surprised.

It happens every week on Law and Order, whenever they get the smoking gun in the first 15 minutes it is thrown out for an illegal search and they have to find a new one. :laugh2:

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Go Big D!;4421336 said:
How anyone has a problem with police checking to make sure our roads are safe by keeping drunk drivers in park is beyond my understanding. I wish with every bit of my existence that there was a checkpoint on the road the drunk ******* used as he plowed into us and killed my brother...then I wouldn't have to forever relive the nightmare of holding my dead brother in my lap as I scream for help. I guess some people just need something to be indignant about. Too bad nobody ever gets worked up over the fact that the man who killed my brother only served 2 months in jail. I'm sure the inconvenience of having to stop at a checkpoint is far more worthy of a cause.

I'm sorry for your loss.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Cythim;4421395 said:
It happens every week on Law and Order, whenever they get the smoking gun in the first 15 minutes it is thrown out for an illegal search and they have to find a new one. :laugh2:

That's one of the first arguments any trained lawyer hones in on. Juries buy it too. People like privacy.

jnday

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4421388 said:

What life altering event happened to you to make you paranoid about the subject ? Clearly you are paranoid or hiding something . My car getting searched at a checkpoint rates at 6,375,271 on my list of things that I am really concerned about .

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
jnday;4421409 said:
What life altering event happened to you to make you paranoid about the subject ? Clearly you are paranoid or hiding something . My car getting searched at a checkpoint rates at 6,375,271 on my list of things that I am really concerned about .

I took government, history, philosophy and jurisprudence classes, et cetera.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4421375 said:

Cameras at lights would be no different then if a cop was standing on the corner watching you as you drive passed. Would you have a problem with that? There is really no negitive to cameras in lights.