Dude Uses Jedi Mind Tricks To Get Through DUI Checkpoint

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4420215 said:
While I respect those of yours opinions who support checkpoints, I still must disagree. IMO they are no different than allowing an officer to pull your car over for no apparent reason to check for any criminal activity. I also must point out that the whole premise that any lives are saved by this practice is an assumption.

On a personal note, I have lost a close friend to a d&d accident and my opinion remains the same that they are unconstitutional and base on a presumption guilt.

I did enjoy the discourse on the subject.

I've lost a friend too. I still feel the same way.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4419665 said:
or perhaps lets puts some surveillance cameras in streetlights (this is actually happening)

OMG whats next, metel detectors in school so kids can't bring weapons to school?

Why would you be against this? It would have zero effect on you unless you were involed in something you shouldnt have been. All it would do is prevent/solve crime. Personally I would prefere if they were in all traffic lights. I would feel a whole lot safer when im out late at night.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4420218 said:
OMG whats next, metel detectors in school so kids can't bring weapons to school?

Why would you be against this? It would have zero effect on you unless you were involed in something you shouldnt have been. All it would do is prevent/solve crime. Personally I would prefere if they were in all traffic lights. I would feel a whole lot safer when im out late at night.

If you doing nothing wrong you should have nothing to hide, right? Orwell was indeed prophetic. Perhaps you wouldn't object to one in your house as well.

Sigh...I do believe we are doomed...Goodnight.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4420236 said:
If you doing nothing wrong you should have nothing to hide, right? Orwell was indeed prophetic. Perhaps you wouldn't object to one in your house as well.

Sigh...I do believe we are doomed...Goodnight.

Amen.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4419665 said:
I agree, I would try to make it as time consuming and difficult as possible for the officers. They make be only ‘doing their job’, but they are also infringing upon our rights so resistance is necessary. By going along with ‘checkpoints’ you allow a precedent to be set and they will only further test the limits of what society will allow. How about random pat downs for weapons—that may save some lives—or perhaps lets puts some surveillance cameras in streetlights (this is actually happening). People who just shrug their shoulders and give up liberty for security will end up enslaving us all.

Seriously, please read this post again. And put it into the context of history. I'm sorry, but it is sort of a big deal. Even if people want to paint me a turd.

jnday

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4420282 said:
Seriously, please read this post again. And put it into the context of history. I'm sorry, but it is sort of a big deal. Even if people want to paint me a turd.

I have kept up with all the post on this thread , and have come away wondering how in the heck can being a jerk to some officer that is just doing his job , be the right thing to do ? Does it give you some feeling of being a big man to be disrespectfull to a man that is just doing his job ? You clearly have a problem with the system . Take action by contacting the people who order these checkpoints . Talk to elected officials . Take your displeasure out on the ones who deserve it .
I think that the seatbelt laws are a load of crap , but I don't take it out on a officer that is just trying to make a living .
I am not a big fan of government getting involved in our private lives , so I can understand your point of view . I just don't agree with the ways that you choose to express those views .

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
jnday;4420317 said:
I have kept up with all the post on this thread , and have come away wondering how in the heck can being a jerk to some officer that is just doing his job , be the right thing to do ? Does it give you some feeling of being a big man to be disrespectfull to a man that is just doing his job ? You clearly have a problem with the system . Take action by contacting the people who order these checkpoints . Talk to elected officials . Take your displeasure out on the ones who deserve it .
I think that the seatbelt laws are a load of crap , but I don't take it out on a officer that is just trying to make a living .
I am not a big fan of government getting involved in our private lives , so I can understand your point of view . I just don't agree with the ways that you choose to express those views .

You are exactly right, there is a time and a place to make a stand against government and it isn't at a sobriety check point. I don't like the current tax codes but I'll pay what I am supposed to first and make noise about it in the appropriate forums, to the appropriate people. This is worse than refusing to tip because you didn't like the Ranch dressing.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
jnday;4420317 said:
I have kept up with all the post on this thread , and have come away wondering how in the heck can being a jerk to some officer that is just doing his job , be the right thing to do ? Does it give you some feeling of being a big man to be disrespectfull to a man that is just doing his job ?.

Exercising your rights does NOT make you a jerk. You can be more than respectful about it. Plus, if my freedom is at stake, I'm really not concerned whether a cop is going to perceive it as "being a jerk".

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Rynie;4420345 said:
Exercising your rights does NOT make you a jerk. You can be more than respectful about it. Plus, if my freedom is at stake, I'm really not concerned whether a cop is going to perceive it as "being a jerk".

Driving on publicly funded roads is not a freedom.

jnday

Reaction score
Cythim;4420352 said:
Driving on publicly funded roads is not a freedom.

What a great point . Rights and privileges are a point of confusion for many .

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4420124 said:
that isn't a fair response though, it is like the response when you say you are against the death penalty "what if your child was killed".

If he did something that warranted the death penalty I couldn't argue with it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4420217 said:
I've lost a friend too. I still feel the same way.

Yeah, but you're a crazy conspiracy theorist too. We expect as much from you. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4420215 said:
On a personal note, I have lost a close friend to a d&d accident and my opinion remains the same that they are unconstitutional and base on a presumption guilt.

What? He didn't make his savings throw? :D

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4420218 said:

the people who are willing to give up rights and freedoms in the name of security are those who usually don't have to worry about being harassed, arrested etc

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4420384 said:
Yeah, but you're a crazy conspiracy theorist too. We expect as much from you. :laugh2:

Yes, I'm totally incapable of intelligent thought and coming to my own conclusions.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4420932 said:
the people who are willing to give up rights and freedoms in the name of security are those who usually don't have to worry about being harassed, arrested etc

Please inform me of all the negatives that would come with traffic cams.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4420932 said:

They're also usually the least historically insightful people you'll meet, on the average.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
jnday;4420317 said:

Exercising your rights is not being a jerk to the officer. Officers should be well-trained to accept that.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4421162 said:
They're also usually the least historically insightful people you'll meet, on the average.

Source? or are you just spouting?

Do you believe that in the next couple of years Orwells 1984 will come true? Or has it already...

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4421167 said:
Source? or are you just spouting?

Do you believe that in the next couple of years Orwells 1984 will come true? Or has it already...

Look around you. This is what the founders warned us about....

http://denverabc.wordpress.com/2010...ndra-svoboda-found-guilty-facing-prison-time/

Act like it doesn't happen. I've been in a situation where police acted unethically because they weren't even at the right house. They thought I was someone with a spanish last name. I said my last name is ____, that's German!

The said I assaulted them because I told them to leave my house. You may be ok with them poking around, but I'm not. I had to deal with the village idiot in my case. And it cost me a lot of money just to clear my name.