Durant possibly out for year

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Terrible terrible news. Durant has played very well. This is not good news. We need to take pressure off linebackers and get pressure on qb. Demarcus Lawrence. Please help.

mldardy

Reaction score
this team is not even close to super bowl contender

I'm not sure I agree with this. Who is right now. You can't say anyone outside of Denver is at this point. Look at the league week in and week out. You can't measure how a team is or isn't a Super Bowl contender at this point until late in the season.

MrMom

Reaction score
This one hurts. He was all over the field this game. Just can't get our LB's healthy this year. I guess Hitchens plays at Will unless they want to slide Carter back over and play Wilber at SLB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The point remains, a super bowl contending team does not make the decisions the cowboys made tonight in crunch time.

Super Bowl teams win enough games to get into the playoffs and then win their playoff games.

All teams have bad games and even bad stretches at times. It doesn't mean the Cowboys aren't
a Super Bowl caliber team.

Plankton

Reaction score
Tough loss - he was playing really well.

Bruce Carter needs to step up now that he's healthy. Anthony Hitchens also needs to grow up, and fast.

DiResta

Reaction score
I'm just basing it on what i've seen this year. Cousins looked terrible. Maybe I shouldn't say inferior but a qb with less wins and experience put up 21 a game with that team.

this is a fact. if you have elite talent at receiver which Washington does, most nfl qbs that are allowed time will make throws on you. add in Morris is a powerful dude and you got to respect the run, lack of talent at corner has been killing the Cowboys defense for years. Scandrick is by far the only corner you could really match up on most teams #1.
not really directed at you, just adding

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea, they weren't out coached the entire game.Turnovers were the reason they put themselves in a position to lose. Garret letting Romo back in the game, and calling 3 running plays on 2nd and 2 in 4 down territory is the reason they lost.

Ehhh I disagree. To be honest we should've lost this game in regulation. If the Deadskins were so dumb they would've won in regulation. They committed a penalty and allowed for a sack and then punted to us.....and couldn't fall on a fumble. Bad teams do bad things I know but my point is, this was more than about one or few mistakes the Cowboys made. They were outplayed from jump.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
this is a fact. if you have elite talent at receiver which Washington does, most nfl qbs that are allowed time will make throws on you. add in Morris is a powerful dude and you got to respect the run, lack of talent at corner has been killing the Cowboys defense for years. Scandrick is by far the only corner you could really match up on most teams #1.
not really directed at you, just adding

I agree with the above. And I want to disagree about the corners....i'm not really sure what Carr is. Like I look at the end of the game and yeah you can say he played solid....Desean ate up Moore mostly. But Scandrick is constantly making plays. Carr...doesn't look like Carr to me. Not saying he's playing terrible. I just expect more plays from him.

Ender

Reaction score
Super Bowl teams win enough games to get into the playoffs and then win their playoff games.

All teams have bad games and even bad stretches at times. It doesn't mean the Cowboys aren't
a Super Bowl caliber team.

You think super bowl caliber coaches make mistakes like putting an obviously injured QB back in a game he's getting destroyed in? You think a super bowl caliber coach feels pressure from a owner to put that obviously injured qb back in the game where he proceeds to call 3 passing plays on run downs? Yea, Super Bowl caliber teams, coaches and owners don't make those mistakes. Its not abut a bad game, its about what the showed when under pressure. That reveals a great deal about a team.

DiResta

Reaction score
this team is not even close to super bowl contender

nobody knows where this team is man. its week 8. other teams started off terribly and turned it around. this was a tough loss to a division rival. there were opportunities missed by both sides but we came up short, they made more plays. thats all it means right now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You think super bowl caliber coaches make mistakes like putting an obviously injured QB back in a game he's getting destroyed in? You think a super bowl caliber coach feels pressure from a owner to put that obviously injured qb back in the game where he proceeds to call 3 passing plays on run downs? Yea, Super Bowl caliber teams, coaches and owners don't make those mistakes. Its not abut a bad game, its about what the showed when under pressure. That reveals a great deal about a team.

I think any team with a top QB lets them come back in the game. No doubt in my mind really.

I think Garrett sucks btw so don't make me defend that clown.

Ender

Reaction score
Ehhh I disagree. To be honest we should've lost this game in regulation. If the Deadskins were so dumb they would've won in regulation. They committed a penalty and allowed for a sack and then punted to us.....and couldn't fall on a fumble. Bad teams do bad things I know but my point is, this was more than about one or few mistakes the Cowboys made. They were outplayed from jump.

Your talking about opinion and im talking about what happen on the game. The Cowboys had turnovers in the red zones, those are point off the board. All this other stuff you talking about i don't know. Allowing a sack isn't dumb, its football. They aren't dumb for not falling on the football, that's just the way the ball bounces.

DiResta

Reaction score

I agree about being frustrated with Romo going back in, but let me play devils advocate a minute.
this is Romos team. his offense, hes been hurt badly before more than once and came back in only to yes, win the game. I dont know whos decision it was ultimately but I did see him talking to doctors, pretty much everyone that would listen and you know he was telling them to put him in, he could do it.

Ender

Reaction score
I think any team with a top QB lets them come back in the game. No doubt in my mind really.

I think Garrett sucks btw so don't make me defend that clown.

a qb with a history of back injuries? Romo was clearly rattled at the end of regulation were he almost threw the game away. I like Romo, but i think its like that Joker line from that batman movie, he's gonna play here long enough to become the villain. He should have let the back up finish the game.

Ender

Reaction score
I agree about being frustrated with Romo going back in, but let me play devils advocate a minute.
this is Romos team. his offense, hes been hurt badly before more than once and came back in only to yes, win the game. I dont know whos decision it was ultimately but I did see him talking to doctors, pretty much everyone that would listen and you know he was telling them to put him in, he could do it.

It's not Romo's team. I cant stand when people say that. No one should be above all. I dont care if you were back there throwing passes, if it gave them a chance to win them im all for it. If Romo is hurt he needs to sit down, just like if Durant is hurt he needs to sit down, or Sean Lee or who ever. You don't cost the team a W because you want to be the hero. Thats a selfish move. And the Cowboys are not Romo's team. They're the idiot who give interviews from the pres boxes team.