Durant possibly out for year

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
a qb with a history of back injuries? Romo was clearly rattled at the end of regulation were he almost threw the game away. I like Romo, but i think its like that Joker line from that batman movie, he's gonna play here long enough to become the villain. He should have let the back up finish the game.

If Romo says he can play then you let him play.

He's come back and played through injuries before.

If that scenario happens with Brady, Luck, Manning, Breese, Rodgers, or any top QB it would've got handled the same way Dallas handled it.

If your guy can go he goes. It's that simple

mldardy

Reaction score
Wrong!! Of course we are. I guess the sky has fallen for some lol

Exactly. Every good team in this league so far this season has looked bad at some point this season except one: Denver. This loss probably should have happened already maybe against Houston, maybe last week against the Giants or against the Rams. We won some games we probably shouldn't have and that is a credit to this team so far. We lost a game that we probably should have lost in regulation and we forced OT not playing or coaching our best. We still have a chance for something special here IMO.

Ender

Reaction score

If that scenario happens with Brady, Luck, Manning, Breese, Rodgers, or any top QB it would've got handled the same way Dallas handled it.

Yea, but Romo is not those guys. No matter how much we want him to be he's not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your talking about opinion and im talking about what happen on the game. The Cowboys had turnovers in the red zones, those are point off the board. All this other stuff you talking about i don't know. Allowing a sack isn't dumb, its football. They aren't dumb for not falling on the football, that's just the way the ball bounces.

When you have a coverage sack that puts you out of field goal position? That's dumb. When you have 3 delay of game penalties? That's are very rare and dumb occurrences. And it wasn't the way the ball bounces. Kerrigan just had to fall on it. But okay fair enough on that one. I think its dumb not to fall on a football when you're the closest one to it but I can agree that's just instincts and what not. Fact is, the Deadskins are a very stupid team and they beat us. A team who didn't look very smart today.

Ender

Reaction score
Exactly. Every good team in this league so far this season has looked bad at some point this season except one: Denver. This loss probably should have happened already maybe against Houston, maybe last week against the Giants or against the Rams. We won some games we probably shouldn't have and that is a credit to this team so far. We lost a game that we probably should have lost in regulation and we forced OT not playing or coaching our best. We still have a chance for something special here IMO.

You just made the argument that the cowboys are not legitimate by suggesting we should have lost the last 3 games.

Ender

Reaction score
When you have a coverage sack that puts you out of field goal position? That's dumb. When you have 3 delay of game penalties? That's are very rare and dumb occurrences. And it wasn't the way the ball bounces. Kerrigan just had to fall on it. But okay fair enough on that one. I think its dumb not to fall on a football when you're the closest one to it but I can agree that's just instincts and what not. Fact is, the Deadskins are a very stupid team and they beat us. A team who didn't look very smart today.

Yea, so coverage sacks happen in football. Thats not dumb, that's football.

Doomsay

Reaction score
The point remains, a super bowl contending team does not make the decisions the cowboys made tonight in crunch time.

No real coach much less a Super Bowl coach would have put a loopy gimpy franchise QB back on the field who had just had his less than a year-old discectomy kneed directly by an unabated rusher. Certainly not for a second series after he had prooved to be so incapable in the prior. A spinal condition is different.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
We lost ladies and gentlemen. Come in off of the ledge:rolleyes:
Some of you guys are amazing, now we'll never win another game.......SMH

mldardy

Reaction score
You just made the argument that the cowboys are not legitimate by suggesting we should have lost the last 3 games.

Man you didn't get that at all. No that wasn't my point. My point was we won games that we could have lost showing the resiliency and resolve of this team. Winning 6 in a row is extremely hard in this league and we got away with a few and one finally caught up to us tonight. That was point. Nowhere in there did i suggest we should have lost those games. That is your imagination.

Ender

Reaction score
Romo has come back into the game after an injury several times AND gotten the Cowboys a win. He IS that guy for the Cowboys.

Yea, maybe but he's not those guy and should not be compared to them. I wish he was but he's not. I'm not saying that those QB's haven't played poorly, or that Romo hasn't had great moments, But stop comparing him to that top tier of QB's.

Ender

Reaction score
No real coach much less a Super Bowl coach would have put a loopy gimpy franchise QB back on the field who had just had his less than a year-old discectomy kneed directly by an unabated rusher. Certainly not for a second series after he had proofed to be so incapable in the prior. A spinal condition is different.

Exactly

Doomsay

Reaction score
Didn't somebody start a thread this week marveling about our lack of injuries?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea, so coverage sacks happen in football. Thats not dumb, that's football.

No they don't lol. What planet do you live on where you get a coverage sack that takes you out of field goal range lol? You drop back look and see what you have and throw it away. That's what you are TAUGHT. Its a very dumb football play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No real coach much less a Super Bowl coach would have put a loopy gimpy franchise QB back on the field who had just had his less than a year-old discectomy kneed directly by an unabated rusher. Certainly not for a second series after he had prooved to be so incapable in the prior. A spinal condition is different.

I'm sure Garrett took proper precautions on Romo's health. He was good enoguh to come back. He gives you the best chance to win.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

I agree. But the play calling did not protect Romo, from the defense or from himself. How many 2nd and short is Dallas going to throw from??? Murray averaging over 7 yards per carry and was beasting in the 2nd half. Even when Weeden was in the game, Linehan calls TWO passes in the red zone when Murray is running like a horse. All game, we went away from our strengths WHY??? Play calling was maddening all game long.

Ender

Reaction score
We lost ladies and gentlemen. Come in off of the ledge:rolleyes:
Some of you guys are amazing, now we'll never win another game.......SMH

The point is not about them winning or losing anymore games, but about their standing versus other play off teams. And its time to scale expectations some what considering how bad they looked and the uncertainty of Romo's back.

popp1234

Reaction score

And if it is obvious that he is gimpy, limited, and possibly hurting the team, you still let him play? Sometimes, it should not be left up to the player.